• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch Video Thread

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
What about using it as sort of an anti air that catch spacies (and other char like falcon) out of their approach using the rising auto canceled dair? Its not really punishable and seems to work if you retreat with it.. then again I need to try it out more in practice to find more out about it.. plus if it hits and puts them in the air, you have the obvious position advantage (they go up) that you wouldnt get from using a fair at mid percents (they go more horizontal)

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey I started using GnW a little over a month ago to take a little break from my Falco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v53WkZ8dIes
This set is from my first day of tournament GnW against a beginner Falco. While I've gotten better since then, I don't really know what to do against Falco. I have trouble dealing with the characters basic moveset of lazer, shine and dair.
Should I be striking to FD so that I can setup the nice Chaingrab combos? I couldn't really get a grab on him or get in at all on FD.
Any advice appreciated, preferably from the first game since I lost that one.

GGLN

Smash Rookie
I would watch Querb videos and see what he does. There are two great videos of him fighting a Sheik and a Fox. One thing I'd say right off the bat is you need to use G&W Nair, it's the most powerful Nair in the game, it has huge knockback, it's one of his best kill moves, and it's a great edge guard. When I play G&W I always downtilt into Nair, or upthrow/downthrow into Nair (Depending on the percentage of the character). I would say G&W's best stages are Dreamland and Fountain of Dreams, but that could just be my personal preference. My friend plays Falco a lot and usually when I go up against him as G&W I pick Battlefield or Fountain of Dreams. I'm probably a bit late to the conversation but I hope I said something helpful.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Hey I started using GnW a little over a month ago to take a little break from my Falco

This set is from my first day of tournament GnW against a beginner Falco. While I've gotten better since then, I don't really know what to do against Falco. I have trouble dealing with the characters basic moveset of lazer, shine and dair.
Should I be striking to FD so that I can setup the nice Chaingrab combos? I couldn't really get a grab on him or get in at all on FD.
Any advice appreciated, preferably from the first game since I lost that one.
You need to deal with lasers with movement mixups. You should choose between full hop approaches, crouch wavedash, and wavedash out of shield. Try to get power shields and remember to avoid staying in shield. If you do get pressured you shouldnt try to punish fox or falco. In that situation you lightshield and wavedash out of lightshield. Try to recover low because you have incredible vertical recovery and crazy magnet hands. When you get a spacie offstage go out there and aerial him but remember to space your moves properly.

Top Bottom