• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch tech: is the Dash Attack Cancel Grab changing the meta?

Pablo's Combo's

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheOfficialPablo
I've been playing PM since 3.0. I'm starting to basically master this character, trying to DACUS as many times in a row. doing the same combo for an hour, playing friendlies with people, you know, stuff like that. Until I came across this new useful tech I found COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT! I was playing friendlies at one of my locals. What I wanted to do was to DACUS as soon as I hit them with my dash attack so I can get the guarantee combo. Instead this is what happed: My friend was holding shield, I dashed attack his shield, I accidentally pressed Z, and grabbed him as soon as I touched his shield with my dash attack. We both looked at each other in confusion. I couldn't get over what just happened that day.

I call this new tech: Dash Attack Cancel Grab (DACG)

To do this technique, all you need to do is simple. as soon as you hit your opponent with the dash attack. quickly press Z and he'll a grab the opponent (at low %'s) What's crazy is that if your opponent is shielding and if you hit their shield with the dash attack, G&W can follow up with an immediate grab. I know, it's INSANE!!!

The next day I wanted to test this new tech on every character. these were what I found as of now. It may not be a lot but it's something. This is however my first Thread.

Note: Game & Watch can only do this technique.
  • Game & Watch can Dash Attack Cancel Grab every character at low %'s.
  • Game & Watch can Dash Attack Cancel Grab every chracters shields.
If anyone has questions, concerns or things I should be clear of. Please ask me, I will try to reply ASAP.
let me know guys, Is this new tech helpful? or broken? lol.

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this tech has been around for a while. It is super useful though. Sonic can also use this tech actually so G&W isn't the only one, but very few can use this tech.

Last edited:

Pablo's Combo's

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheOfficialPablo
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this tech has been around for a while. It is super useful though. Sonic can also use this tech actually so G&W isn't the only one, but very few can use this tech.
Darn, I knew someone was going to say that. Sorry. I just got really excited about this tech cause I found it without any guides or any help in general, it just happened by accident. I guess this should be more of a guide than a thread discussion...Well now I know it's been found already, though no one I see uses it much but whatever. Thanks for letting me know bro. ;)

Last edited:

snapcaster

Smash Rookie
It has its niche uses. Definitely a mixup, but you have to be kinda close to them and usually a regular grab/jc grab would do the trick just fine.

Top Bottom