• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch Matchup Export: Marth

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Stating facts is trolling? Ok, w/e. This MU is -2, any other marth will tell you this if they know they MU, but you for some ****ing reason think your character is better at this MU than it really is and got overly defensive. You're just as much a random as me, so what gives you the right to get all pissy over your character being dissed when you haven't done anything to prove me wrong, while I on the other hand, went out and actually learned this MU a bit and saw drastic changes.

You even contradict yourself. How is a MU where you have no clear advantage, no way to shut him down, and no perfect move merely a -1? You can win if you bait me? Really? That's it? You're basically saying if the Marth messes up, you can beat him, and that isn't how MUs are decided. Marth has an answer for pretty much ANYTHING you can do.

bair? I can just sdi or DS that

dair? utilt, uair, or even jump up counter.

when you're recovering? Grab the ledge, normal get up and utilt is guaranteed and will kill super early.

any grounded approach at all? dtilt beats them all

iirc, you can't even do anything to marth off a down throw.

Fair is like your only move that marth should be scared of, but even then, it's like, we know that's your only kill option. As long as we aren't playing stupid your smashes shouldn't hit us almost ever, unless we grossly mis-space dancing blade and for some reason continue onto the 3rd or 4th hit on shield.

Yeah this match up isn't impossible, but gnw has to be playing pretty much spot on to even have a chance against a marth that just knows how to react in most situations. At highest level, it's -2, I might be willing to accept at lower levels of play it's -1, but that's ****ing stupid to consider and not accurate at all.

There's a reason no other Marths really cared to come tell you all this, because it's already accurately placed in the MU chart as -2, and that's how it will stay, because there's nothing any of you have done that proves otherwise.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Obviously you know every in and out of this match-up after only an hour of playing it, there is a lot more to this match-up than what you have just stated, the fact that marth has no options when :gw: is below him or that if you miss an up-b its the freest punish in the game. And you continue to go and say that no :gw: has proven otherwise. I don't see anything that makes you a pro at this match-up. In fact I even found evidence from 3 months ago of you having a :gw: problem, so to me it seems like someone is trying to overcompensate for the fact that they have a :gw: problem and continualy tries to convince their selfs that this is a free win for Marth. If thats what it takes for you to make yourself feel good about your inability to perform in this match-up so be it, but none of us want to hear that. I appreciate marth mains telling us what options they have against our move set, however, you constantly telling us this is a bad match up is not helping us determine how we can change that. And its not like you have any say over what WE (the :gw: mains) decide what the match-up is.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
lol, I knew you had no real answers. You're even helping my case by citing how only 3 months ago I had problems in this MU, then just being told not even everything I needed to know about this MU, I found it sooo much easier. If I miss an up-b? Please tell me why on earth I need to up-b a gnw unless I know it's gonna hit. and I can't do anything when you're under me? Big ****ing whoop, I can air dodge straight through your nair and you'll get maybe one or two uairs on me at best depending on the stage, it's not even relevant.

I don't even know why I'm responding seriously, you haven't even told me one actual reason that makes this any less than a -2 MU. Sadly, I probably know more about gnw than over half the people partaking in this discussion since I actually talk with one of the top gnws and even use him outside of tourney or in dubs, so please stfu thinking everything I haven't said isn't true when all you can do is continue to take shots at me, a random, as if it somehow makes this MU better for you guys. No one would even care if you falsely put this as a -1, because it'd just be laughable anyway.

I'm done here, respond however you want cause arguing with a brick wall just isn't meaningful.

Top Bottom