• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch chef "buffer" strats

I_am_Error

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that not many game and watch players use chef to its full use. I find that the hitstun is so ridiculous that if you hit an airborne opponent with a string of bacon from a safe distance, more often than not, you're able to use it as a kind of buffer, allowing you to approach and combo into up smash to close the stock very easily. Is there some sort of drawback that I'm not seeing? It just seems like a clean and safe combo starter/setup.

El Texicano

Smash Rookie
NNID
AJRomero
The thing is, the move is pretty dang laggy.
Trying it out myself, the most I've gotten out of it is an F-air or a grab, which isn't always guaranteed. (Most of the time I eat a big fat punish) If 2 or maybe 3 sausages hit and you are somewhat close, then i guess its worth a shot. But since the projectiles fly in such a random awkward fashion, as well as being slow, it doesn't really seem like a good combo starter/ setup.

Top Bottom