• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxyblast: a Mewtwo combo video. Video is up! Complete.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I know you are probably lacking footage, but forward-tilt to edgehog is not a combo, or anything else really. I'd rather see a minute of quality footage than a few good clips dispersed here and there among 5 minutes of mundane edgeguards.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I know you are probably lacking footage
Indeed I am. I'm not even working on the actual vid at the moment... :(

but forward-tilt to edgehog is not a combo, or anything else really.
You're right it's not a combo: it's an edgehog. I never pretended that it was a combo... This means you don't like Gimpyfish's last Boozer combo vid right? (It's about 75%-85% edgehogs...)

I'd rather see a minute of quality footage than a few good clips dispersed here and there among 5 minutes of mundane edgeguards.
First, it's not five minutes. Second, if your idea of quality footage is Taj (As is mine >.>) then watch Taj's stuff. :p

Seriously though, thank you for attempting to be helpful. What's in the trailer is only a little of what I can do, and I am fully intending to have pleantiful combos in the actual vid...

Stevo

Smash Champion
Obviously, just like you know, you are not the best Mewtwo player out there. But I gotta give props for a few reasons. First, you play mewtwo, which is hard enough. Second, you are putting the effort to make a combo vid and add to the community. Third, you play melee.

You still need to work on your mewtwo game, and I would say it could be better if you waited a little while still before making a combo video. However, you could make one now simply for the experience so that if you were to make another one after you improve some more, it would be even better.

anyway, thats my 2 cents.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Obviously, just like you know, you are not the best Mewtwo player out there. But I gotta give props for a few reasons. First, you play mewtwo, which is hard enough. Second, you are putting the effort to make a combo vid and add to the community. Third, you play melee.
Thank you. there doesn't seem to be a massive amount of commentary on this, so any is welcome. Melee is the bomb. As for effort behind the video, it's something I enjoy, so it's not that bad...

You still need to work on your mewtwo game, and I would say it could be better if you waited a little while still before making a combo video. However, you could make one now simply for the experience so that if you were to make another one after you improve some more, it would be even better.
As for working on my Mewtwo game...

Working on improving at the same time... >.>
All right, so I've still got a way to go. I accept that as a challenge personally so no big deal pointing it out. As for the release date, it's sometime in 2009, which may mean December. I don't know. It depends on a lot of factors. (The greatest of which is getting a new job. T.T) I am planning on playing competitivly for at least 2-3 years, (Started last year) so I'll probably be releasing more than one combo vid. (One for my other main Marth maybe)

anyway, thats my 2 cents.
Not that 2 cents is worth much in this econemy... >.<

Binx

Smash Master
You need to work on your movement game before you release a combo video, its boring to see people knocked off the ledge and have you just stand still and dsmash them. Post full matches for critique until you do taj stuff *then* make a combo vid.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
You need to work on your movement game before you release a combo video,
Already working on my movenment game... some of this is old footage.

its boring to see people knocked off the ledge and have you just stand still and dsmash them.
Point taken... But I'm more agressive off the edge now so I've fixed that problem...

Post full matches for critique until you do taj stuff *then* make a combo vid.
Already done, and if you had read the above posts I'm not making it at the moment because I KNOW I can't release something of quality yet. This is more for the "There's a new kid on the block" effect...

Thank you for taking the time to post though. Aren't you usually on the Brawl boards though? (Unless I'm confusing you with someone else...)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
You're right it's not a combo: it's an edgehog. I never pretended that it was a combo... This means you don't like Gimpyfish's last Boozer combo vid right? (It's about 75%-85% edgehogs...)
Actually, it's just some random pet peeve of mine. I hate during combo videos when there's a combo, then there's 5 seconds more of footage just to see some ordinary edgeguard that everyone know will happen anyway. It breaks the pace of the video.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Actually, it's just some random pet peeve of mine. I hate during combo videos when there's a combo, then there's 5 seconds more of footage just to see some ordinary edgeguard that everyone know will happen anyway. It breaks the pace of the video.
Well, you and I have something in common then. Gimpy, as awesome as he is, seems to edgehog EVERY stock in his vid, and that's dull. Like I said, this is all I can do for now, but I greatly prefer to do more interesting stuff than an edgehog, and there will be interesting stuff in the actual vid, as well as genuine combos like @ 0:20- 0:24 and 1:45- 1:49.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
BUMPing my own thread. I have music picked out and will be recording for the actual video soon. ETA is in the fall maybe?

edit sorry for the double post. >.<

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Man I am still working on mine too! It will prob be released in the fall too. After all, Game and Watch combos are hard to get recorded.

Well anyways can't wait for Taj and you for Mewtwo Combos ^_^

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I've improved my movement game BTW... I didn't get anything recorded at Mass Madness, which is a shame cause I had some great stuff. How about a song preview?

I'm not going to use the whole thing, and I have two more songs for the video proper, plus another for the credits. Each song is going to be from a different genre, so the video will be varied. :D

What do you think?

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I as well will be using different genres of music. Going to use songs that go with G&W video and I'll have some Rock with that. Good job on having different genres =)

Are you going to synch the video btw?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I as well will be using different genres of music. Going to use songs that go with G&W video and I'll have some Rock with that. Good job on having different genres =)

Are you going to synch the video btw?
=D thanks.

Yes, I'm going to be synching things to all three songs I'm going to be using.

Will you be using Flat-Zone for yours?...

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
SHAAAADDDDOOOOOWWWWBBAAAALLLLLLSSSSSSSSS
is a pretty cool dude I guess
as an ex-M2-main, I gotta say you're getting legit. It's been said before, but a lot of these segments are stringed cans to dsmashes. I'd like to see more zero-death taj-esque combos on spacies (see: what roman did to me at my first tournament), and all the strange, strange things mewtwo can do.

Under fd was cool, I usually use the uair to boost the second jump, but bair is cool too
Edit: music sounds neat

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
SHAAAADDDDOOOOOWWWWBBAAAALLLLLLSSSSSSSSS
is a pretty cool dude I guess
as an ex-M2-main, I gotta say you're getting legit. It's been said before, but a lot of these segments are stringed cans to dsmashes. I'd like to see more zero-death taj-esque combos on spacies (see: what roman did to me at my first tournament), and all the strange, strange things mewtwo can do.

Under fd was cool, I usually use the uair to boost the second jump, but bair is cool too
Edit: music sounds neat
What's up Mafia?

You didn't play me at all at MM15 did you? this is old footage. I'm better now. we'll have to play so I can show you... ;)

Don't worry, there will be pleanty of good combos in the actual vid. There are really only three combos in this vid that I actually LIKE at this point, but what's done is done.

@ The Phenom: that's cool. Maybe we'll refer eachother when we release our vids. ;)

EDIT. I'm going to be releasing a 25-30 second teaser sometime soon. Keep an eye open...

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
double post to keep the thread alive!

I've found a remix of the previewed song, and I'm thinking of using just two songs for the vid since the remix is long...

BiN Breezy

Smash Cadet
Well I don't really know about Mewtwo and his combos but overall what I saw wasn't too impresive. Like the combos were only 2-3 hits which isn't very flashy. Also the edgeguarding is stiff. Mewtwo has an awesome recovery (as proven by the last clip) so go out there and intercept him don't just stay in the ledge all the time. There is a time and a place for staying on the level just not all the time. Espicially with floaty Mewtwo.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Do you have a better idea now when you are releasing the Combo Video Shadowball2? Will it be in the summer or Fall???
UHHHH... depends on how much footage I can get and how soon. I'm thinking sometime late summer maybe? though I'm hoping for it to be sooner... I can't really say.

can't wait to see it.
Thank you.

use more nair
win more fights
*Plays Luigi* nair nair nair nair nair.

video is meh
too many 1-2 hit combos

=/
*SIGHS* Yeah I know. Seriously, I don't know how many more times I can say I only like a few things in this vid before I go nuts and just say the frickin video is cancelled. :mad: :dizzy: :mad: :dizzy:

I PLAY MUCH FASTER NOW. *roars*

Well I don't really know about Mewtwo and his combos but overall what I saw wasn't too impresive. Like the combos were only 2-3 hits which isn't very flashy. Also the edgeguarding is stiff. Mewtwo has an awesome recovery (as proven by the last clip) so go out there and intercept him don't just stay in the ledge all the time. There is a time and a place for staying on the level just not all the time. Espicially with floaty Mewtwo.
*GOES NUTS*

edit: deleted post

I'm a jerk
?!?! Huh? o.O

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Hopefully we'll get some good footage down this sunday
Yeah... hopefully my arm will have healed enough for me to play good again by then.

Box Cutters are not toys son...

Accidentally sliced open the side of my left arm. Not a huge wound or anything, but typing right now is a ***** cause it's all sore. Not to mention that it looks like I tried to off myself lol... >.>

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Ouch. That's more or less severing/damaging most tendons that are used in your arm.

Best wishes, get well soon! And then get that footage >_>

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Ouch. That's more or less severing/damaging most tendons that are used in your arm.

Best wishes, get well soon! And then get that footage >_>
Thanks! Luckly for me, it was a glancing wound.. It was wide enough to need stitches but not deep enough, so they glued it together. Which is very cool... didn't even know they could do that.

I'm playing again with no pain whatsoever, although I'm now a little rusty lol. Going to a tourny tomarrow and hoping I don't do crappy. >.<

I'll be getting footagen though. even if I have to beg for it rotfl. :laugh:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Release the full vid sooooon :<

Music was loopy in my ears. I dunno. XD

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
cool I guess
I'll upload the matches soon
None with Mewtwo mind you. XD Wish I had gotten some of the **** I was dishing out before the tourny lol. (No not against you... :rotfl: )

Release the full vid sooooon :<

Music was loopy in my ears. I dunno. XD
Yeah, there's a slight hiccup that I couldn't fix, but I liked the music enough to hope that people wouldn't notice... >_>

But at least its not all throw-wait-Dsmash like the first one huh?

The full video is still waiting in the wings due to lack of footage. Presently I have enough unused footage to make a 2-3 minute video, which isn't long enough for even the first song I've picked out. There'll be no hiccups or anything, and I'm planning on spending at least two weeks on it to make it as good as I can.

Top Bottom