• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxyblast: a Mewtwo combo video. Video is up! Complete.

SDC

Smash Lord
You basically said what i said before but in a nice way, lol. I will give you this its better than your trailers, but still didn't do it for me. The people you were playing looked worse than computers, and the combos weren't created from mindgames, tech chase or reads, or a long sequence of moves. It looked like watching my little brother play. Didnt finish cause it was too long and boring, music was also not my cup of tea, but i wont judge it on that. So yea, i'll be honest and it sucked
Marteriya, there's a difference between being honestly critical and just being an a$$hole. You can't just say "you suck it sucked blablabla" because it didn't suck. It was decent, pretty good, not the best, but it definitely did not "suck". When you're so blatantly and personally insulting, it takes away a large amount of credibility from your critique.

Shadowball, it didn't suck man, don't get too disappointed ;)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, it had some good stuff in it. Good for a first combo video, especially considering you're playing as mewtwo.

I think really you just need to play alot more people, because I felt like you had a bunch of room for improvement. It's hard to critique when really the only mewtwos I see are really good people like Taj, so the portrayal of what mewtwo combos should look like are skewed.

Take zhu's approach to combo videos. It's not so much about how good you look in one video, it's about your improvement between videos. So start saving more footage, make another one in a year, and you'll be surprised at how different they look.

For the record though, I liked the music.

Oh, one more thing. If you want to make it look really professional, try to only use footage from direct captures. I understand that sometimes you have stuff that was really good and it was recorded on a handcam or tripod setup, but I feel like the shimmering TV or whatever detracts from the flow of the video. Just something to keep in mind.

In summary, not bad for a first effort, you picked a hard character to do this with, and I respect you for that. Practice your tech skill, play better people, and I look forward to your stuff in the future :D

flaco

The Terminator
You basically said what i said before but in a nice way, lol. I will give you this its better than your trailers, but still didn't do it for me. The people you were playing looked worse than computers, and the combos weren't created from mindgames, tech chase or reads, or a long sequence of moves. It looked like watching my little brother play. Didnt finish cause it was too long and boring, music was also not my cup of tea, but i wont judge it on that. So yea, i'll be honest and it sucked

EDIT - at seanthedonconsidine, im not going to lie to him i really thought it sucked, sorry. he asked for opinions
and I say again these dude does not knowhow to use mewtwo lol so yes

SDC

Smash Lord
and I say again these dude does not knowhow to use mewtwo lol so yes
From his start date it seems like he would know about the game, but from his post count and the content of his posts it appears that he only signs on once in a while and trolls. Unless he actually contributes something other then mindless insults, such as a few good videos, or a constructive post, then I will assume he is nothing more then a troll.

Materiya, convince me otherwise.

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
From his start date it seems like he would know about the game, but from his post count and the content of his posts it appears that he only signs on once in a while and trolls. Unless he actually contributes something other then mindless insults, such as a few good videos, or a constructive post, then I will assume he is nothing more then a troll.

Materiya, convince me otherwise.
im not a troll, he asked for opinions and i gave it, i said it sucked because i didnt even finish watching it. i have been to local tournaments and i went to MLG Long Island in 2007 and played with many pros and have been following smash for a while, i dont usually post cause i mostly just watch vids.

and flaco once again dont use "mewtwo sucks" as an excuse, taj made him look good, granted he is a pro. But dont make a combo vid for the sake of it, many people could make a mew2 combo vid but it wont be any good, thats why making a mewtwo combo vid should be special and unique.

SDC

Smash Lord
im not a troll, he asked for opinions and i gave it, i said it sucked because i didnt even finish watching it. i have been to local tournaments and i went to MLG Long Island in 2007 and played with many pros and have been following smash for a while, i dont usually post cause i mostly just watch vids.

and flaco once again dont use "mewtwo sucks" as an excuse, taj made him look good, granted he is a pro. But dont make a combo vid for the sake of it, many people could make a mew2 combo vid but it wont be any good, thats why making a mewtwo combo vid should be special and unique.
Fine, if it was your honest opinion that's fine with me. I am a friend of shadowball's, and didn't want anybody just attacking him for the hell of it. If somebody is going to give constructive criticism, I'd like it to be thought out and specific. Try not to be as personally insulting next time lol.
I'd rather not see **** like "My little brother plays like this", that's not cool man.

Spife

Smash Master
Already left a comment on teh utubz.
The last time I gave any thought to a combo video I wrote a ****ing essay so I'll say this: combo videos are for entertainment purposes. For what ever reasons we like seeing some one get ****ed up, so making a sequence of people getting ****ed up with some central theme works good. I was entertained, as I said a little slow in the beginning but it picked up, so video successful!

I think I had more to say but I haven't eaten today and am kind of preoccupied.

flaco

The Terminator

lol is true everybody is titled to their own opinion is that yours is stupid.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
wow the thread exploded. let me see...

I'm going to be honest with you, and I don't mean to insult you at all.
Okay.

This video is pretty good. I'd give it a 3.0-3.5 out of 5. I think you are good, I think that your mew2 is good, but I don't think the same can be said about your opponents. The vast majority of your opponents in this vid can't DI, can't respond correctly, and most of them don't even seem to know how to use their character. I was afraid of this. I've noticed the same with my mew2 as well. I usually wreck lesser opponents, but then when I play the people who know what they're doing, it's a different story entirely. I would have liked to see you against more people who are at or atleast close to your skill level. It is entirely possible that I am just being overly critical and negative, and certainly possible that I am just ignorant on the skill of you and your opponents, but from this vid I can't say that I was extremely impressed. As I said, I think you and your mew2 are good, and show true potential. However I'd like to see you play against better opponents, and vids of you performing "combos" against people who can actually DI. I say this because when people DI correctly, all of this changes. I guarantee you that if any of these people could actually DI that most of these "combos" wouldn't happen.
Of course that's the weakness of combo videos in general, most involve pseudo"combos" that require miserable DI from those being hit.
Good music, Intro was a little corny, but a pretty good vid overall.
lol my opponents aren't really that bad: having played Mewtwo in tourny I can say for a fact that the ONLY time you can get combos with Mewtwo is when they FAIL TO DI PROPERLY. This isn't Falco, that Dam bird who can kill you no matter how you try to get away if he's in the hands of Zhu or Shiz... which is why the credits are constructed the way that they are, (Except for Esh, who's really the only n00b out of the lot.)

note that Banks and The Irish Mafia are peppered here and there, and both are quite legit players (Banks can beat me with characters he doesn't even USE.)

EDIT: Upon further viewing I came up with a few more suggestions:

1. The music was alright, E.S. Posthumus is a little overused though, you might have wanted to go with something a little more original. The second song was bad. I'm going to be honest, the second song was a terrible choice lol. The only one who can pull off Madonna or Britney Spears in a combo video is MaNg0 lol. The third song was good, a little overused, but very good still.
Whatever, what's done is done. :p I'm not letting Mang0 have all the fun.

2. You need to stop Upsmashing. It might have been nothing more then mistakes, or button input errors, but you don't want to upsmash that much. Upsmash is not a good move lol. The only true reliable use I've found for it is when Ness tries to Dair you XD. Instead of upsmashing, you should probably use Ftilt, Dtilt, UPtilt, Wavedash-grab, JC grab, or something more reliable and with more combo potential. Nair is a good choice also.
Some of them are mess-ups ect ect ect, most are me looking cool (An intimidation tactic)

Here's the deal though: I DON'T U-Smash a lot. (MAYBE once or twice a match, if at all.) The video was constructed from months of footage.

The end of the video is U-Smash heavy because the move is named "Galaxyblast" which is the name of the video. This is what is called showmanship that no one got but me I guess. A misfire *cough*

3. There are a few clips that are not very good, and that I wouldn't put in a combo vid. Clips where you seem to get lucky instead of actually making a good play. Of course this happens to everyone, everyone gets lucky, but remember this is a combo vid, this is supposed to be just you ******.
Parts such as: 0:50, 1:03, 4:03, etc that are not the result of anything you really did, but more of your opponent's error and your good luck. There are several other clips of you just hitting them once, or wavedash-grab upthrowing, which are not combos and don't really belong in combo vids. We want to see long strings of successful attacks or clever mindgames, not simple, obvious one-hit-KOs that happen because of your opponent's bad DI, reaction time, and decision making.
@ 0:50 the Mario is a brawl player, @ 1:03 was a prediction followed by a waveland to D-Smash, and @ 4:03 the only dumb luck was the East Coast DI when the Nair should have killed me at that %. That Peach (I'm pretty sure it was Emmy) floated then jumped EVERY stock away from me like that, so I won by taking advantage of knowing that she was going to try it again. (Plus it goes with the "It's not my time to go" line in the song)

Point is taken though, if you have to explian it it's not a good combo lol.

Plus the "Your opponents suck" john would be tripled if I did nothing but ****, wouldn't it?

Overall I think that you're pretty good, your mew2 is dec and should be worked on, I'm sure your friends can attest to your skill, although I've never seen any vids of those that you've beaten so I wouldn't know about that, only that this vid is decent, but unsatisfactory. Keep workin :)
I'll accept "decent" thank you. It's not my ambition to be top frog in the well anyways.

I'm looking forward to seeing your slow and steady improvement take place, and I'm looking forward to more of your vids :).
My Marth is going to be in my uploads for a while, not sure how much Mewtwo you'll be seeing until after Pound 4. :urg:

When you watch it again, be sure to keep an eye/ear out for the synching, esp. in the second song, as much as you dislike it. for instance beginning @ 5:05 (Including the G&W stuff) was supposed to go with the sounds. (The dancing with the G&W part lol) and the B-Throw to B-Air @ 3:38 took an entire night to get synched.

EDIT - at seanthedonconsidine, im not going to lie to him i really thought it sucked, sorry. he asked for opinions
so you are judging it without having watched all of it? MEH whatever "You can't please them all" as my grandfather used to say.

there were some genuinely cool and surprising moments =D
Such as? Share please! =D

yeah, it had some good stuff in it. Good for a first combo video, especially considering you're playing as mewtwo.

I think really you just need to play alot more people, because I felt like you had a bunch of room for improvement. It's hard to critique when really the only mewtwos I see are really good people like Taj, so the portrayal of what mewtwo combos should look like are skewed.

Take zhu's approach to combo videos. It's not so much about how good you look in one video, it's about your improvement between videos. So start saving more footage, make another one in a year, and you'll be surprised at how different they look.

For the record though, I liked the music.

Oh, one more thing. If you want to make it look really professional, try to only use footage from direct captures. I understand that sometimes you have stuff that was really good and it was recorded on a handcam or tripod setup, but I feel like the shimmering TV or whatever detracts from the flow of the video. Just something to keep in mind.

In summary, not bad for a first effort, you picked a hard character to do this with, and I respect you for that. Practice your tech skill, play better people, and I look forward to your stuff in the future :D
Thatnk you. as for the zhu approach, that's precisly what I'm planning on doing lol. This was more of a "I exist and will be the **** in a year or two" kind of thing.

I like it. Worth the wait.
A good review? say it's truely so! ='D

good **** bro come tomorrow and play more
Thanks, but you weren't feeling good. :urg:

vid cant be viewed in my country for copyright reasons

:(
I can upload it again and audio swap it for you guys. Probably the Die another day song sorry.

Materiya, I'll say it once and I'll say it again, Pound 4 MM?

It was pretty **** good. Nuff said.
Stand in line 'casue he's playing my Mewtwo lol.

And you only like it 'cause of the nice shout out I gave you. (It was an awesome 0-death for your Falcon huh?)

nice vid. keep up the mewtwo :)
Thank you and I intend to.

Already left a comment on teh utubz.
The last time I gave any thought to a combo video I wrote a ****ing essay so I'll say this: combo videos are for entertainment purposes. For what ever reasons we like seeing some one get ****ed up, so making a sequence of people getting ****ed up with some central theme works good. I was entertained, as I said a little slow in the beginning but it picked up, so video successful!

I think I had more to say but I haven't eaten today and am kind of preoccupied.
<3 Spife we must play meree... :(

lol is true everybody is titled to their own opinion is that yours is stupid.
Easy boy. let's not start a war.

SDC

Smash Lord
lol my opponents aren't really that bad
Yes they are. I've played mewtwo in tournament as well, and I can say for a fact that the opponents in your vids are terrible. There wasn't just bad DI, there was NO DI. On the few combos you actually did, there was absolutely no DI used at all. On the few UPthrow/Dtilt/shadowclaw "combos" you had in the video, they popped straight up into the air every time, with absolutely NO DI. This shows me that either the combos are fake, or that your opponents have just picked up the controller for the first time.

And even if your opponent DIs at least a little bit you can still combo them. This requires tech skill, tech chasing, and reads, but it's still quite possible.

Show me the parts where you played Irish Mafia and Banks, I doubt it was the parts where you got any "combos" off.

And yes, the second song was terrible. Madonna in a mewtwo combo video is insulting to mewtwo. It wasn't even that good of a song. I understand that you used it to try to sync with some of the clips you had, but I'd rather have a non-syncing good song then a syncing bad song.

It's not that I am against you trying to "intimidate" your opponent, it's that I know that if you had anybody good on your vid Usmash wouldn't be in it. Anybody good will just DI out of it, or hit through it. It's a terrible move and doesn't work at a high level.

@ 0:50 the Mario is a brawl player
This doesn't help your case that your opponents in this vid aren't garbage lol.

@ 1:03 was a prediction followed by a waveland to D-Smash
No, it wasn't a "prediction" lol. You were going for a bair edgeguard but you messed up and turned toward the opponent instead of going backwards like you wanted to. You retreated as he recovered and got lucky with a Dsmash. Don't lie lol.

, and @ 4:03 the only dumb luck was the East Coast DI when the Nair should have killed me at that %. That Peach (I'm pretty sure it was Emmy) floated then jumped EVERY stock away from me like that, so I won by taking advantage of knowing that she was going to try it
again. (Plus it goes with the "It's not my time to go" line in the song)
No, once again, you just got lucky. It wasn't some "read" or "prediction", it was just a lucky SD from your opponent, and you stuck it in your vid for some reason.

Point is taken though, if you have to explian it it's not a good combo lol.
It wasn't even a "combo" to begin with lol. As I said, it was just a lucky SD by your opponent, something that doesn't belong in a combo video.

Plus the "Your opponents suck" john would be tripled if I did nothing but ****, wouldn't it?
No it wouldn't be. If you comboed a bunch of people who were obviously skilled due to their attempts to escape, teching and DI at least a little bit, then you would appear to be a dam good player. If you destroyed a bunch of people who were either obviously good due to their escape attempts or known to be good because of reputation, then you would be heralded as an amazing mewtwo lol, not some guy who made a mediocre "combo" vid.

My Marth is going to be in my uploads for a while, not sure how much Mewtwo you'll be seeing until after Pound 4. :urg:
The more matches you upload of your mewtwo the better. That way we can see just how good you and the people you play with him are. Also it gives us and you an opportunity to learn from the mistakes you make that we all need to work on and the things you do right that we should adopt into our own game.

When you watch it again, be sure to keep an eye/ear out for the synching, esp. in the second song, as much as you dislike it. for instance beginning @ 5:05 (Including the G&W stuff) was supposed to go with the sounds. (The dancing with the G&W part lol) and the B-Throw to B-Air @ 3:38 took an entire night to get synched.
I noticed the syncing, and I appreciate the hard work you put into it, but it doesn't make it good. Even if you work really hard, it's still bad because of the song. Let's say you took a big pile of crap, and you worked really hard overnight to mold and shape it into a swan sculpture. Yes you worked really hard to make it into a swan sculpture, but, due to the medium that you worked in, it's still just a pile of ****.

so you are judging it without having watched all of it? MEH whatever "You can't please them all" as my grandfather used to say.
He couldn't watch the entire thing because he thought that it wasn't worth his time. Unlike him, I put alot of time and thought into critiquing it to help you.

Thatnk you. as for the zhu approach, that's precisly what I'm planning on doing lol. This was more of a "I exist and will be the **** in a year or two" kind of thing.
Good, I'm sure your future work will be much better. I look forward to your future mewtwo videos :).

Stand in line 'casue he's playing my Mewtwo lol.
That ought to be good, make sure to record it and post the vid please.

And you only like it 'cause of the nice shout out I gave you. (It was an awesome 0-death for your Falcon huh?)
Lol I wouldn't attack the one semi-legitimate voice that's backing you on this sub-par vid. It's not wise to bite the hand th-... but I'm sure you know the rest ;).
And by what you said "you only like it 'cause of the nice shout out I gave you" you seem to know it's not that good of a vid, and the only reason he likes it is because he's biased as he's apparently one of your closest smash buddies. Stop rationalizing, and admit that this vid isn't that good lol.

Spife

Smash Master
I've made a case for how good your opponents are before and instead of retyping that, I'd rather go find it again...

One more, try not to have your opponents sucking to much. It's one thing if they miss a tech and you punished it, but if they consecuatively miss common things (teching, wavedashes and l-cancels) then they're not very good or playing poorly.

This gets into worth of the players you're comboing though and I told myself that it's a combo video, its' you ****** other people. You could show computers, if you're ****** them, but no one wants to see that.

All of that came out of having a combo in which I was 4 stocking my friend and only had 22%, can I include that in this combo video? Maybe, but I didn't want people putting 2 and 2 together and realizing that my friend was not that good, suicided a lot or was sandbagging so I could combo better (he was just bad, I assure you).

MOre story! So then I went on to think, "Well if he's not good enough, then who IS good enough? PC Chris? I don't play him, but I do play a bunch of good people from time to time but dont' combo them..." Anyhoo to cut this short and reiterate, it doesn't really matter who you're comboing as long as your audience can't pinpoint their skill some how.
So yeah, you could have a combo vid against computers but they di dumbly and there's no trick to comboing them. Could have a combo video from friendlies but then people aren't trying their hardest. You could also be comboing your dog but you know what? As long as you're comboing and as long as it's entertaining, who cares who you're playing against? But the most entertaining combos are when the stakes are high and you're playing against good (as a whole, not relative to you) players.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Good god. I'm not replying to all of this specifically. I don't have the hour to burn this time. :laugh:

Yes they are. I've played mewtwo in tournament as well, and I can say for a fact that the opponents in your vids are terrible. There wasn't just bad DI, there was NO DI. On the few combos you actually did, there was absolutely no DI used at all. On the few UPthrow/Dtilt/shadowclaw "combos" you had in the video, they popped straight up into the air every time, with absolutely NO DI. This shows me that either the combos are fake, or that your opponents have just picked up the controller for the first time.
Wow did the troll hack your profile? You should critque SC1 like that, cause last time I looked, all of Taj's opponents in that video DI into him. In fact I think you said this yourself. :chuckle: lmao just kidding. <3

wait, did you say all my videos?

Show me the parts where you played Irish Mafia and Banks, I doubt it was the parts where you got any "combos" off.
Banks is the Fox in the 3rd clip, hate to say this, but that was the only K.O. I got in that match. Fox is gayyyyyy. (He SDed lol)

Whenever you see the "Maf" tag that's irish mafia. (He's Sasi too...) I'm pretty sure he beat Iroi @ Genesis, or so he says lol.

It's not that I am against you trying to "intimidate" your opponent, it's that I know that if you had anybody good on your vid Usmash wouldn't be in it. Anybody good will just DI out of it, or hit through it. It's a terrible move and doesn't work at a high level.
okay please note that I'm not angry saying this... THE ONLY REASON ALL THOSE ARE IN THERE IS BECAUSE THE VIDEO IS NAMED AFTER THE MOVE!!!!! (The caps might let it sink in... :rotfl:)

No, it wasn't a "prediction" lol. You were going for a bair edgeguard but you messed up and turned toward the opponent instead of going backwards like you wanted to. You retreated as he recovered and got lucky with a Dsmash. Don't lie lol.
I also got lucky ledgeporting <3

Who Bair's a Pika when you're not Marth? He was too far out. I was going to Uair him. then I improvised.

No, once again, you just got lucky. It wasn't some "read" or "prediction", it was just a lucky SD from your opponent, and you stuck it in your vid for some reason.
*coughsthesongcoughs* this is all I'll say to that since I don't appreciate being called a liar.

^ Someone has seen the light
The one at the end of the tunnel? Why so serious?

who the f uck are you, some 15 yr old ***** probably talking sh it thinking beating me in melee makes his combo vid good, well it doesn't. If u come to jersey i'll play you.
lol yeah beating you makes my combo video good. good luck even being in it.

MM me at pound 4? I'm sure as hell not coming to you.
ohshi, things are heating UP!
uh huh. Don't make me turn this car around because so help me I will. :lick:

In any case since it's a swan scupture made of **** I guess I'll take it down.

SDC

Smash Lord
Wow did the troll hack your profile? You should critque SC1 like that, cause last time I looked, all of Taj's opponents in that video DI into him. In fact I think you said this yourself. :chuckle: lmao just kidding. <3
No. The troll did not hack my profile. I was being generous before, but now that you're making excuses for your poor video, I'm getting annoyed.

SC1 was how many years ago??? It was one of if not the first mewtwo combo video ever, and displayed the basics of what mewtwo could do. This video might be good if it came out years ago back when SC1 came out, but it didn't, and thus I don't. For heaven's sake, Quak's ancient vid "Fackin Mewtwo" is better then this thing lol. This video would have been good for back when SC1 was released, but the metagame has proceeded to the point where videos like this are irrelevant, which is why Taj releases new Shadowclaws, updating his work.

The skill and "combos" in this video are archaic, primitive, and inexcusably simple. It's not a good video for this day and age. Yes compared with today's standards SC1 is nearly irrelevant, but then again many videos from back then are. This video, as I said before, would be good if it came out back then when nobody knew about the character, but now that people have discovered his metagame and his abilities, this video is completely useless. It tells us nothing new, and doesn't even hold up to the low standards set by SC1 or Fackin Mewtwo.

I'm typing all this because I'm trying to make you understand this lol.

wait, did you say all my videos?
No, I'm talking about this vid, your much-hyped, albeit much disappointing combo video: "galaxyblast".

Banks is the Fox in the 3rd clip, hate to say this, but that was the only K.O. I got in that match. Fox is gayyyyyy. (He SDed lol)
One clip? You have one clip of Banks??? You tell me you have two respectable people, Banks and Irish Mafia in this vid, and you only have one small clip of Banks? So the rest is down to Irish Mafia and who else?

Whenever you see the "Maf" tag that's irish mafia. (He's Sasi too...) I'm pretty sure he beat Iroi @ Genesis, or so he says lol.
I watched the entire video right now again, and I only counted 4 instances of The Irish Mafia, most of which had horrible DI. Irish Mafia, these better be old clips of you because otherwise your DI is nothing impressive lol.

And who the hell are these scrubs "Duo" and "2bit"? The vast majority of your video is composed of their blunders. Who are these people and how long were they playing brawl before you convinced them to let you record their sorry, inept ***** in a game they've never heard of before lol? Yes I know that was a little mean lol but who the hell are "Duo", "2bit", and "Esh"??? Why should we respect the fact that they're in your vid? From their dismal play, I don't think very much of them.

okay please note that I'm not angry saying this... THE ONLY REASON ALL THOSE ARE IN THERE IS BECAUSE THE VIDEO IS NAMED AFTER THE MOVE!!!!! (The caps might let it sink in... :rotfl:)
That's a dumb reason. I understand what you're saying, but it's stupid. I could make a video about Kirby's hammer, call it "Get Nailed" and feature numerous clips of me using that move, but that doesn't make it a good vid, or make the move itself good or useful. EVEN IF YOU MAKE A VIDEO THEMED AROUND IT, IT'S STILL A ****TY MOVE, WITH LITTLE TO NO USES, AND ANY VIDEO BASED AROUND SAID ****TY MOVE IS IRRELEVANT AND RIDICULOUS. The caps might let it sink in, but I've got my doubts <_<.

I also got lucky ledgeporting <3
You got lucky everything.

Who Bair's a Pika when you're not Marth? He was too far out. I was going to Uair him. then I improvised.
...Who the **** UAIRS pika as an edgeguard??? That's just stupid. Stop bull****ting, and admit it's a stupid clip to put in a combo video. Of all moves, Bair is far more useful then ****ing uair lol. Uair is a very limited move for edgeguarding purposes due to its extremely limited hitbox. I shouldn't have to explain this to you lol.
You didn't "improvise", you messed up, retreated, and got lucky. That's it.

*coughsthesongcoughs* this is all I'll say to that since I don't appreciate being called a liar.
First of all, I don't care if it was "for the song". You don't put a stupid clip in there just to sync with some terrible song lol. You could put in a clip that synced perfectly, but had nothing to do with comboing or combos, but that doesn't make it a good clip for a COMBO video! You don't base your COMBO video around songs, you base your COMBO video around COMBOS!

Second of all, why base your video around such horrendous songs lol?

The one at the end of the tunnel? Why so serious?
I can't believe I'm saying this lol (me of all people :dizzy: ), but for the love of god, please leave the /b/tard memes on 4chan.

uh huh. Don't make me turn this car around because so help me I will. :lick:
You're not in any position to be smug lol.

In any case since it's a swan scupture made of **** I guess I'll take it down.
Don't take it down, leave it up, so we can see how much you've improved when you make your next video. Even if a video is crap, leave it up so we get an idea of your development as a player.

lol yeah beating you makes my combo video good. good luck even being in it.

MM me at pound 4? I'm sure as hell not coming to you.
Who said it was YOUR combo video? I don't care how happy you are that you finally appeared in somebody's combo video, if it isn't good, you should be able to admit that it's not a good video lol.

Irish Mafia, I have/had respect for you, but your mindless defense of Shadowball and his sub-par vid is somewhat disheartening.
And no, don't challenge me to a 50$ MM at pound 4 lol, because I won't be going. I live in MN and don't have the money to burn on some video game tourney half across the map lol. However, if anybody is ever in the Minneapolis area, I will be glad to play you :).

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hello Mewtwo forums/players.. etc.. I attempted to stay out of this, because I hoped everyone could get everything resolved, but I will post my thoughts on everything, shortly..both good/bad.. Give me a second to reread everything.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
woah this thread blew up.

this was a step up from the trailers which yu promised so props sball.

and yea, i think yu shud take the zhu approach to combo vids, and he has some of the best vids out thee

edit:
who the f uck are you, some 15 yr old ***** probably talking sh it thinking beating me in melee makes his combo vid good, well it doesn't. If u come to jersey i'll play you.
where in jersey? I'll mm you for their pride!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Reading SDC's post made me lol extremely hard. Especially when he started to call people scrubs, also considering that he quit smash awhile ago. I'm gonna rewatch this vid, then give my evaluation later on.

SDC

Smash Lord
Reading SDC's post made me lol extremely hard. Especially when he started to call people scrubs, also considering that he quit smash awhile ago. I'm gonna rewatch this vid, then give my evaluation later on.
Lol...Um, what? I haven't quit smash, I've just merely stopped hanging out with you dip****s. I never stopped practicing, never stopped watching videos, I just don't have time for the competitive scene at the moment. It's called school and other personal ****.
I always laugh whenever you a$$holes attack me on here. Just reinforces my hatred for MN smash :).

For anybody reading this, stay clear of the midwest: Minnesota smash sucks, the people there are obnoxious, irritating, insipid, contemptable, disagreeable, and unfriendly. They never liked me and I never liked them. Hanging out with them caused me nothing but stress, irritation, and frustration, this combined with my own personal issues at the time, I raged pretty often. These people actually made smash not fun for me anymore. It was like ****ing high school all over again rofl :psycho:. Now that I'm not part of their little click, I've actually been enjoying smash again, and found that I'm actually quite good when I'm calm and not agitated. I thought I had left their little community with good will, but apparently I still have some antagonists there.

And Disciple, I don't remember you acting like this to me when you offered to help me with my mewtwo, I didn't expect this crap from you lol.

Anti-MN rant over lol, still waiting for Vman's response.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
:( Be cool everyone, there's no need for the ego and such.

Shadowball: Good stuff man, I liked seeing the stuff you pulled off. I like seeing a good M2 in action :D

Why can't we just get along people?

Banks

Smash Hero
yea i'm all up in this video getting down smashed and **** in that one clip, get at me.

C>'='c>

DissAbel

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xqSJm3xasQ

this is actually the best m2 combo vid. watched this back in 05 when i was just starting and mained m2.

mookierahs pre cool
OMG, I remember that combo video. For it's time, it was awesome. The new generation though, I'd say this combo video is the best Mewtwo one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sai5GpioDL0

very close to being on level with the shadowclaw series, and now with Taj not being very active anymore, it might not be long till he may have the best Mewtwo, but only time will tell.

On another note:

Shadowball: Pretty good video. It had it's ups and downs. Many of the downs people have addressed to you already, so I don't want to repeat anything that was said. Seems like you were really intended kind of for an "entertainment video" not for a video that your Mewtwo is peticularly "difficult or a char you represent" to beat Per Say, like Taj, or V3ctorMan's Mewtwos.

It wasn't a bad video, just people want to see something new, and most of the clips you have, didn't really address that need I suppose. Like they said as well. Better opponents would help your case too. Not exactly necessary but your opponents made it easy for your Mewtwo to combo them. Such combos such as D-throw DJC shadowclaws on characters like Marth/Peach don't work with Mewtwo normally but your opponents somehow made it possible for you to hit them, but I'm just finding the small things.

Like I said overall video was nice. Some clips you have in there you should've left out but that is my opinion. I loved your first and last song, I'm not all with the 2nd song, but that's just my preference.

I'm sure Taj, and V3ctorman will post here and let you know, you can take their word if you'd rather not take mine. I'm only trying to help.

Spife

Smash Master
I can't take it

hey sean, u mad?

I'm gonna take a moment to adress the music in this combo video, since seanthedonconsidine cant' get out of it's ****ing grill.
I didn't dislike it, and sean your opinion on the music is NOT a strong argument at all. Just because you didn't like doesn't mean ****. Shut up about it, and just for you, I'm going to make a combo video with this song:
http://www.goear.com/listen/03af70c/Omelette-Du-Fromage-Zegim
Are you going to hate for the music choice? Is speedcore (albeit ****ty) an insult to mewtwo also?

Top Bottom