• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxyblast: a Mewtwo combo video. Video is up! Complete.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
ye if im a boy your an infant, dont get all butt hurt. truth hurts
LOL what? calling you "Boy" wasn't meant to be an insult. When us competitive players are playing friendlies we call one another "son" a lot.

Who said anything about getting "Butthurt?"

People who complain about DI in a combo video are ignorant. combos happen when the foe fails to DI or DI's inproperly. (Unless you're talking about Fox or Falco or C. Falcon.)

And who the heck ARE you anyways?

18 posts and you're already talking ****. :laugh:

MateriYA, as a guy who did half the matches, let me tell you that these trailers don't show his skill at all. I have no idea why he didn't put any of his good footage in, because the combos in the trailer are really the work of someone who doesn't even play the character, but he wants to save it for the real thing.
<3 for the vote of confidence.

The fact that he's even comboing is legit. Only characters with a good move set can actually make stuff up on the fly but even some (sheik) don't need to when basic is efficient. See: drephens combo video.
<3 Spife.

stop saying mewtwo is a terrible character, if u dont like him dont play, and dont put a combo vid just for the sake of making a combo vid. good players find ways, u dont have to be as good as taj, put combos of mindgames instead, tech reads anything. STOP making excuses, taj didnt
Mewtwo is a terrible character. live with it. Taj has said so. It is the truth.

Spife doesn't play Mewtwo.

No one in here before you showed up said anything about Mewtwo being a bad character.

Your second sentance is a grammatical nightmare, what are "combos of mindgames"???? :confused:

If you're so hot post some videos of you playing someone. I had a look @ your youtube account and there's NO Melee videos. NOTHING. (if you're the commenter who's also bothering that U.K. Pichu player.)

People talk ****. Post something legit and you'll be taken a little more seriously.

Better yet, I'll play you with my Mewtwo. :chuckle:

<3 V3ctorman. :bee:

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
post count means nothing i was here before u i know ****, ur a loser who posts all day. come down to jersey and i'll play you, ignorant ****.

edit - i dont have cap card, to post vids my bad.

Smash Master
The music was nice. The presentation was decent. As for the gameplay itself, those combos were pretty easy and basic. You missed an edgegrab in the trailer. Your opponents also didn't seem to be putting up much resistance.

flaco

The Terminator
post count means nothing i was here before u i know ****, ur a loser who posts all day. come down to jersey and i'll play you, ignorant ****.

you sir have no prove your good so for many people see you as a noob remind me of my friend jose lol armagedon lol

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
shadowball, i sincerely await this. There better be clips of Bro in there!
There will be. remember when you triple kneed me (but I lived) then I came back and whooped you from 0-death from one end of PS to the other? :laugh:

It'll be in there. ;)

Take a chill pill. It's a game.. As for me, I work for a living ect.

Those who underestimate Irish Mafia regret it. Which is why I haven't done that since MM 16 :laugh:

The music was nice. The presentation was decent. As for the gameplay itself, those combos were pretty easy and basic. You missed an edgegrab in the trailer. Your opponents also didn't seem to be putting up much resistance.
which trailer? I wish people would specify.

If it's the clip where I tech-chase the Marth in # 2, I wasn't good at SUNC on Battlefield yet and trying to do that would've likely killed me. I think the clip is from early June??? :confused:

plus he would've recovered. /epicfail.

As for the lack of resistance, go watch Shadowclaw 1 again and tell me that anyone but Forward is DIing or doing ANYTHING smart. If anything they DI into Taj's combos in that video. Which is why SC2 was such an improvement.

How do you know that I simply didn't show them kicking my *** the next stock?

Nov 17th is tooo loooong. M2 combo vids have yet to disappoint me.

And Shadow, Remeber this: "If n*ggas ain't hatin on you, you're doin it wrong."
I'll try not to be the exception to that yet to disappoint thing lol.

and thanks for the encouragment. I seriously need it with the SSJ3 dude hanging around. :(

"fiddy told me go head, switch your style up, and if they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up"

@materiya, Pound 4 MM?
do it for 50 dorras sonnnnnn....

iirish and materiya chill out
hear hear

you sir have no prove your good so for many people see you as a noob remind me of my friend jose lol armagedon lol
lol flaco. <3

EDIT crap I didn't text you!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
This comment reminds me of when DoYoung told me my approaches were really predictable, all I was doing was nairing.
gawd, this made me laugh so hard. im not even sure why[probs cuz nairing wrecks the **** out of me, gawd its such a broken move with no lag and like a ******** hitbox. Wtf other move can you be jumping after the aerial is over and the ****ing hitbox is STILL out]

man spife I hate your ****ing link, burn that fool

look forward to the real release sball. make me proud

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Maybe. I might be playing the holyoke scrubs on saturday though.

@ Irish mafia: Live closer sonnnnn.

@ everyone else: as I'm going to RoM2, I'm thinking I'll postpone the video until after that tourny.

Not only because I plan on playing (And recording) MAD friendlies with M2, but also I need to train and the editing is taking up too much time. sooo yeah let me see...

SDC

Smash Lord
@Materyia
Don't be the reincarnation of virusbluemage. Don't write a check that your *** can't cash.

Shadowballz sorry if I seemed negative, I would want support from everyone if I was undergoing the same venture, thus for some reason if you feel like I haven't voiced full support, I do now. I have my doubts (I'm a skeptic-a$$ mother****er :( ) but I'm hoping that your vid changes all that :).

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
@ seanthedonconsidine: thank you. you will see one way or the other.

@ Flaco: lol we played those matches that your girl didn't record last time. what's up with that?

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
Did someone say Mewtwo combo video? You did?! YEAH!

With a name like Shadowball2, I would think there would a little Mewtwo head down there and not a Marth one...

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Did someone say Mewtwo combo video? You did?! YEAH!

With a name like Shadowball2, I would think there would a little Mewtwo head down there and not a Marth one...
Marth is my tourny main, as he's a good character lol.

you could say I co-main Marth and Mewtwo. let's face it, Marth is better against Marth than M2 is lol... >_<

I've played Mewtwo in tourny though, which makes me 1 out of about 10 or 12 in the nation who has the balls to do that. and I've either ***** or gotten ***** in said matches *glares at Darc*

hey hey hey stop it stop it stop it

lol family guy lol

but yo find away to come here
I can be there tomarrow text me.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Just a quick update:

The primary editing is done, just some odds and ends to fix up. Release date is staying the same for the sake of NOT changing it again. I ended up not going to RoM2 but I spent most of last night from 7 on finishing the credits.

so yeah if the flaming is done can we get some HYPE?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
<3 V3ctorman. :bee:

Thusfar I've been told it should at least be watchable. I'm gonna finalize it tonight, and some of the people in it will get a sneak preview. At least one of them should be posting in here afterwards so keep an eye out.

flaco

The Terminator

these dude stopped posting I wounder why lol

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I'm atempting to upload it today.

I had no way to get to a computer yesterday.

This **** is mad SLOW.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Biollante86

one way or the other its going to be up today though.

EDIT: it's up! =D

Some of the cymbal clashes in the first song are synched, and there is much synching in the second song. I watched it and some of these seem a little off, but others are on the mark as originally edited so I'll let the video finish processing in order to see whether or not I have to fool with it a bit.

youtube can be dumb lol...

SDC

Smash Lord
I'm going to be honest with you, and I don't mean to insult you at all.

This video is pretty good. I'd give it a 3.0-3.5 out of 5. I think you are good, I think that your mew2 is good, but I don't think the same can be said about your opponents. The vast majority of your opponents in this vid can't DI, can't respond correctly, and most of them don't even seem to know how to use their character. I was afraid of this. I've noticed the same with my mew2 as well. I usually wreck lesser opponents, but then when I play the people who know what they're doing, it's a different story entirely. I would have liked to see you against more people who are at or atleast close to your skill level. It is entirely possible that I am just being overly critical and negative, and certainly possible that I am just ignorant on the skill of you and your opponents, but from this vid I can't say that I was extremely impressed. As I said, I think you and your mew2 are good, and show true potential. However I'd like to see you play against better opponents, and vids of you performing "combos" against people who can actually DI. I say this because when people DI correctly, all of this changes. I guarantee you that if any of these people could actually DI that most of these "combos" wouldn't happen.
Of course that's the weakness of combo videos in general, most involve pseudo"combos" that require miserable DI from those being hit.
Good music, Intro was a little corny, but a pretty good vid overall.

EDIT: Upon further viewing I came up with a few more suggestions:

1. The music was alright, E.S. Posthumus is a little overused though, you might have wanted to go with something a little more original. The second song was bad. I'm going to be honest, the second song was a terrible choice lol. The only one who can pull off Madonna or Britney Spears in a combo video is MaNg0 lol. The third song was good, a little overused, but very good still.

2. You need to stop Upsmashing. It might have been nothing more then mistakes, or button input errors, but you don't want to upsmash that much. Upsmash is not a good move lol. The only true reliable use I've found for it is when Ness tries to Dair you XD. Instead of upsmashing, you should probably use Ftilt, Dtilt, UPtilt, Wavedash-grab, JC grab, or something more reliable and with more combo potential. Nair is a good choice also.

3. There are a few clips that are not very good, and that I wouldn't put in a combo vid. Clips where you seem to get lucky instead of actually making a good play. Of course this happens to everyone, everyone gets lucky, but remember this is a combo vid, this is supposed to be just you ******.
Parts such as: 0:50, 1:03, 4:03, etc that are not the result of anything you really did, but more of your opponent's error and your good luck. There are several other clips of you just hitting them once, or wavedash-grab upthrowing, which are not combos and don't really belong in combo vids. We want to see long strings of successful attacks or clever mindgames, not simple, obvious one-hit-KOs that happen because of your opponent's bad DI, reaction time, and decision making.

Overall I think that you're pretty good, your mew2 is dec and should be worked on, I'm sure your friends can attest to your skill, although I've never seen any vids of those that you've beaten so I wouldn't know about that, only that this vid is decent, but unsatisfactory. Keep workin :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your slow and steady improvement take place, and I'm looking forward to more of your vids :).

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
HUGE RANT.
You basically said what i said before but in a nice way, lol. I will give you this its better than your trailers, but still didn't do it for me. The people you were playing looked worse than computers, and the combos weren't created from mindgames, tech chase or reads, or a long sequence of moves. It looked like watching my little brother play. Didnt finish cause it was too long and boring, music was also not my cup of tea, but i wont judge it on that. So yea, i'll be honest and it sucked

EDIT - at seanthedonconsidine, im not going to lie to him i really thought it sucked, sorry. he asked for opinions

Top Bottom