• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galar's Great Grass-Type: Grookey (and evolutions) for Smash Ultimate!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Grookey is the newly revealed Grass Starter for Pokemon Sword and Shield. It's obviously based on a monkey, and it also seems to have an inspiration in the sport of cricket (with the stick he holds).

Why Grookey?
Smash could really use more plant users. We only have two characters that have any notable connection to plants (:ultpiranha: and :ultivysaur:), and Grookey could use them in a very different way. It the short trailer that revealed him, he was seen regrowing some grass. While this might just be for effect, a character able to grow plants would be very intersting. And if the Cricket aspect is true, he could also be a sport character!
Grookey Movest/Ideas

Others:

SUPPORT LIST
PeridotGX PeridotGX
DutchPichu DutchPichu
TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Well after Greninja and Incineroar, we still need our grass starter. I support, and I’m gonna pick up this creature als my starter in the new game!

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Grookey is easily my favourite of the 3 new starters so far. But I want to see what it actually evolves into before giving any support.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Do you agree if its final evolution is a literal gorilla?
It wouldn't surprise me. But final evolutions can hugely vary from what we imagine. I remember most people though Froakie would evolve into something of a sage, and Litten would be quadrupedal.

i wonder how that twig in his hair will change as he evolves
It'll be interesting to see. I'd imagine it would grow similarly to Braixen > Delphox.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm a bit disappointed that Grookey and Sobble look so similar, but alas, I support Grookey for Smash!! I'm sure the final evolutions of Galar's starters will look pretty sweet.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It wouldn't surprise me. But final evolutions can hugely vary from what we imagine. I remember most people though Froakie would evolve into something of a sage, and Litten would be quadrupedal.
You forgot to mention the monstrous clown seal people thought Popplio would become.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Some people are thinking Grookey might evolve into a musician, with some reasoning given being because "groove" is in Grookey and the fact that he hit a rock, sorta like a drum. Any thoughts?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Some people are thinking Grookey might evolve into a musician, with some reasoning given being because "groove" is in Grookey and the fact that he hit a rock, sorta like a drum. Any thoughts?
well i saw it as grove, but i wouldnt rule it out

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
This is the final evolution of Grookey that will be in Smash bros !

How do I know? Well, because it's the starters 8G I don't like !

I hate Greninja, he's in the game, I wanted Decidueye more than anything in the world, it's Incineroar who is in the game !

So following this logic, Grookey will be a DLC :) !

Top Bottom