• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaki's Wolf

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Just for the record, the GERM is awesome. So awesome, mere mortals like us cannot even begin to comprehend it. EVER. Thank you.

But yeah, people really should go all wolf in tournaments, it'll push us to develop better strategies against our toughest matchups.

Rythe

Smash Journeyman
I've already made a decision to use Wolf all the way in tournaments. He needs the rep. Then again, I've only done online tournaments as of now, but sometime in the future...

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
I'm sure it's been stated, but like the germ said, saying you've won tournaments is completely pointless (looking at a skill aspect) I've won about three tournament, two with over 100 entrants, you know what happened when I said I won a N.C. tourney with no big name pro's in attendance? It didn't amount to **** skill wise, I still compete in the tourneys I know I can win, I also go compete with the big names every chance I get, competition is always tough when M2K, Azen, ChuDat, Chillindude, Forte, Neo and a few others are there, if I win tourney like that than hell yeah, I'm gonna gloat it up. xD

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Sheesh people. If the match-up is bad there's no shame in changing your character x_x

Personally I go all wolf except vs. ROB and Falco. ;p *helps thread go more off topic*

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Sheesh people. If the match-up is bad there's no shame in changing your character x_x

Personally I go all wolf except vs. ROB and Falco. ;p *helps thread go more off topic*
Lol yeah there is no shame. I'm just saying wolf's metagame improves because of people like Germ who goes all the way with wolf.

Btw, I was thinking how off topic this thread has gotten too. I mean seriously... isn't this thread supposed to be about gaki's wolf? roflcopter

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
now i think what the germ is saying was right...i give him mad credit for going all wolf, and his wolf is amazing, not that many known names can say that...but it seems that people are trying to give crap to people who dont go all wolf....and the people that think that can go **** themselves

sure i play wolf, and sure that i use snake in tourney, but when i goto a tourney i dont play for the hell of it, i play for money. espicially since so many tourneys in MD/VA half the tourney you gotta spend $45 just for doubles/singles and entrance fee (besides the amazing chu biweeklys)...if im blowing that much money on saturdays ima be playing with the character that does me the best....plus with alllllll the big names in MD/VA....id like to see ANYONE on this board try to money going all wolf.....i garentee you that it is not possible....the people that mistu listed above me is just a small portion of the good players in MD/VA...so if i wanna somewhat money in this region then ima stick with who i do better with

so yea with that being said....no1 can tell whos the best wolf b/c theres diff. competition everywhere....so yea.... :-)

edit: k-9 ***** in starcraft...let that be known LOL

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
.id like to see ANYONE on this board try to money going all wolf.....i garentee you that it is not possible....
The mans right, I've pushed my wolf game to nearly it's limit and the best I can do is 17-13th place in most big MD/VA tourneys, it's not that wolf is a bad character, its also not that wolf can't beat god tier, it's just that it takes sooooooooo much more effort to win against pro's/god tier with wolf than say...... Snake or Meta Knight, I used to think, "Man, I'm gonna go up there and stomp some @$$ with my bottom of high tier character." ..... and I did.... until I played some of the pro's and thier meta knights, after that I said, "Surely if I train even harder, I can win with wolf." This time, I lost to a D3 in tourney, after I challenged the very same D3 to a MM, I two stocked the first match with MK and two stocked him againt with Snake. So yeah, this tourney I'm goin god tier.... all that lost money is starting to add up..... to bad tourneys aren't like horse shoes... coming close doesn't matter......

The GERM

Smash Ace
You're absolutely right Candy, there is no shame at all in switching. I've done a lot of switching to Falco in melee, simply because it's 10 times easier to beat a Fox or Sheik with Falco than Link. My argument is that when someone says that a person is "best" with one character because he wins x amount of tournaments even though that person switches when he's in trouble matchup wise, makes that whole idea irrelivent. If I'm gonna keep playing Brawl, which I might, there is no doubt that I have to pick up a higher tier secondary, I'm thinking Falco. I don't know, I still love melee too much to give it up, If anything, I'll try my hardest to play both.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well, duh, money is the first priority. It's just that going all-wolf helps to develop the metagame more, by competitive standards it's stupid to go all wolf and lose for 'pride' or whatever instead of switching to a character with a favorable matchup and making some cash.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
pffft. I'ma win a MD/VA tourney wif woof. You all are crazy.

Edit: lol Candy, we gotta get more games in.

Oh yeah, for the slow ones I'm definitely joking. Even Azen couldn't pull it off =[

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
he's saying that arguing which wolf is better than the other based on how many tournaments they won is really stupid, and I agree. The whole list on which wolf won a tournament doesn't factor in the fact that gaki, candy, chexr or whoever uses other characters when they see D3, falco, or brokenknight. Germ's the only wolf that keeps it real...and he still *****.
Point taken, even though you're not right. Lucien faced Falco's (and ***** one, the other was SK92) and Gaki won vs DDD with Wolf. He also used Wolf vs MK.

**edit**
I myself play only wolf. Even if I see that my opponent is choosing MK, I'm not gonna ***** out and switch. That's how wolf's metagame evolves. Some people play more than just to win.
But not all people do. When I go to a tournament I want to win, not rep Wolf. If I have to switch to MK in order to win, then I'd do so.

If my Wolf isn't good enough, I'll try something else.

Let me clarify. It's good to be confident in yourself, and I am confident in my Wolf, If I think I'm the best, that is my opinion, if Candy does, that's his, etc.. But when people try to determine a "best" based only on whether you've won a tournament, any tournament, without knowledge on who attended, how many entrants there were, or whether they went all one character, is ridiculous.
This is true.

However, I never said Candy was better because he wins wins tournaments. Chexr wins tournaments and I'd never get the idea to call him better than you.

I just think Candy is but I still enjoy watching you play. Same for Lucien even if I think Candy is the best Wolf.

*demands gheb_01 videos*
*Sighs*

I wish there were any ;(

Just for the record, the GERM is awesome. So awesome, mere mortals like us cannot even begin to comprehend it. EVER. Thank you.
lulz

****rider =P

But yeah, people really should go all wolf in tournaments, it'll push us to develop better strategies against our toughest matchups.
It doesn't always work that way, unfortunaltely. I admire Lucien for using Fox and Wolfs vs Falco but as soon as he faces somebody like SK92, he loses. Tactics won't change that.

The GERM is just really good. I probably should go all wolf instead of switching when someone uses dedede or falco.
Why? Don't you wanna win?

Well, duh, money is the first priority. It's just that going all-wolf helps to develop the metagame more, by competitive standards it's stupid to go all wolf and lose for 'pride' or whatever instead of switching to a character with a favorable matchup and making some cash.
I love you.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
lulz

****rider =P
Lol not going to make a comment on that one >_>

It doesn't always work that way, unfortunaltely. I admire Lucien for using Fox and Wolfs vs Falco but as soon as he faces somebody like SK92, he loses. Tactics won't change that.
Probably, but you never know when a new tech might pop up *fingers crossed*

I love you.
Right back at ya Gheb ;) Even though your multiquotes usually induce seizures.

I'll be sigging that now.

Gaki

Smash Journeyman
i dont think going ONE char only doesnt really matter i play about 3 to 4 chars and i use wolf mainly my other characters like Marth , Pikachu , Toon Link i use as well but not as frequently as i use wolf i win tourneys using wolf >_> with more then decent top tier char players attending i still win its not impossible as long as you put ur mind to it thats how i think about it =)

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i dont think going ONE char only doesnt really matter i play about 3 to 4 chars and i use wolf mainly my other characters like Marth , Pikachu , Toon Link i use as well but not as frequently as i use wolf i win tourneys using wolf >_> with more then decent top tier char players attending i still win its not impossible as long as you put ur mind to it thats how i think about it =)
im sure the competion for wherever your from is alot diff. then down here

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Where's your guys' Azen?

:3
Greatest Wolf fear=Chillin
And they're both in our area among a million others :D

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Where's your guys' Azen?

:3
Greatest Wolf fear=Chillin
And they're both in our area among a million others :D
I agree, there's not a big margin of skill difference down here between pro's and regular tourney goer's, good pro's = healthy competition on the tourney scene, you wont **** anyone, you wont destroy anyone, the matches are always close. You get the occassional tourney scrub, but other wise, everyone is pretty **** tough.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
I agree, there's not a big margin of skill difference down here between pro's and regular tourney goer's, good pro's = healthy competition on the tourney scene, you wont **** anyone, you wont destroy anyone, the matches are always close. You get the occassional tourney scrub, but other wise, everyone is pretty **** tough.

uhhhh....i wouldnt say that.....i think that there is a pretty distinct margin of "pros" and "regular tourney goers".....you wouldnt see a "pro" lose to a "regular tourney goer"....at least not from i've seen

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
uhhhh....i wouldnt say that.....i think that there is a pretty distinct margin of "pros" and "regular tourney goers".....you wouldnt see a "pro" lose to a "regular tourney goer"....at least not from i've seen
Didn't say there wasn't one.... xD what I was getting at is quite a few players down here are good.

Top Bottom