• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Brawl PR updated 3/14/10. Now with Salt level status!

Stage Striking or Random Select?

• Stage Striking (FD, BF, YI, LC, SV)

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Random Select (FD, BF, YI, SV)

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Mutual agreement between players

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
*sniff*

its so sad to see PR members announce their retirement form the game... just have them turn around and keep right on playing >_>

[/salt]

jk we've had fun turtl... well, kind of... we never really talked much... but we went to several OoS tourneys together so i guess that counts for something.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Yeah Turtl I didn't know you @ all really, I just remember you and FullMetal taking me out of Winners in Dubz @ that smashfest w/ the free hotdogs.

Purple

Hi guys!
Btw, Turtle we're not saying Michael deserves it, we're saying that you're not allowing the PR to be accurate by dodging him. Like I said, if he wins he deserves it, if you win you deserve it, simple as that.

DRN

Smash Lord
K match will happen as soon as possible.

@Henry- Naa not gonna come back to play seriously. I decided before apex and apex just made me want to stop even more. Car rides have always been fun w/ u. Fav is when i sleep hit u cause of lady gaga.

Not that apex wasnt fun. It had to be one of my fav experiences w/ the community. Was def top 3 fav tourneys.

DRN

Smash Lord
Lol o ****. MLG wants my parents or guardian to sign this consent form because im not 18..........

@Scatz- Naa i ***** the only mk in my pool(who got 3rd seed). Was the ****ing sonics. Couldnt adapt at all. Was sad :/

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Just write in their signature they cant find out lol.

Like I think a good bit of people do that, and if their in doubt they will call your parents and they know you are going to this.

DRN

Smash Lord
whos at your house/watching you?

also, are they digital?
Im alone at my house. They left like monday and r coming back friday. My brother is coming back tmr sometime iunno when.

Ima just have someone thats w/ us sign it. My cursive is soooo bad.

DRN

Smash Lord
Chaz tomorrow on your way to spsu make sure to call me.

And get there by noonish.
Well i gotta wait for my neighbor to get back from his business thing. Earliest i can leave is 11:30 if he gets back by then but he said it might be at 12. I can only guarentee i'll be there before 3.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Well i gotta wait for my neighbor to get back from his business thing. Earliest i can leave is 11:30 if he gets back by then but he said it might be at 12. I can only guarentee i'll be there before 3.
Ok as long as your there before 3, just call me either way.

DRN

Smash Lord
O ya and if possible i want a $5 mm from Rayku. Never beaten you in a set. Ever ;[

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Turtl- if you stop playing brawl so much, you'll get better. You'll lose a lot of your bad habits. Once you see your improvement after coming back in a few months, you'll want to start playing again. idk, happened to me and a few others in melee.

we still have that $50 mm btw.

Purple

Hi guys!
Much of it is based on attendance and records (as the PR usually is). In tournaments where you didn't enter, Michael and Turtl have both managed to get top 5, even in tournaments where you DID enter (read: the most recent one). Michael has gotten top five. Only one tournament you've got top five, and michael wasn't there (which brings the question what would've happened if you DID play him, etc. etc.)

So looking at that in summary, You've only outplaced Micaelis once, (the first tournament) and even then you didn't even get into top 8, Micaelis outplaced you most recently and got top 5, along with getting top five in other tournies (turtl has done the same thing).

You've also out-placed turtl, but he's outplaced you as well, putting you all at even grounds in the subject of who's outplacing who.

Now Micaelis and Turtl both have more succesful records than you (saving micaelis's first tournament, however he had a great finish at the end of this season.) along with much larger attendance than you. So they both are going to be above you for that.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Much of it is based on attendance and records (as the PR usually is). In tournaments where you didn't enter, Michael and Turtl have both managed to get top 5, even in tournaments where you DID enter (read: the most recent one). Michael has gotten top five. Only one tournament you've got top five, and michael wasn't there (which brings the question what would've happened if you DID play him, etc. etc.)

So looking at that in summary, You've only outplaced Micaelis once, (the first tournament) and even then you didn't even get into top 8, Micaelis outplaced you most recently and got top 5, along with getting top five in other tournies (turtl has done the same thing).

You've also out-placed turtl, but he's outplaced you as well, putting you all at even grounds in the subject of who's outplacing who.

Now Micaelis and Turtl both have more succesful records than you (saving micaelis's first tournament, however he had a great finish at the end of this season.) along with much larger attendance than you. So they both are going to be above you for that.
So mainly what I am understanding is that I am under micaelis and chas because i never played them and they attended like 2 more tournies than i did?

My info:

I attended all the tournies except: 1 monthly and like 2 combo breakers

People i beat/lost in tourney on the PR.

Calvin: 0-2
Lounis: 0-0
Player-1: 0-1
Scatt: 1-0
Alby: 0-0
Chas: 0-0
Dyno: N/A
Scatz: 1-1 (lost in pools beat in bracket)
Micaelis: 0-0

Clearly i havnt played everyone. I am sure that I have outplaced people on this PR. I do feel however that my results were not fully accounted for and were somewhat overlooked.

People who have outranked me or i have out ranked according to the front page:

Kismet: 0-3 outplaced me 3 times
Lounis: 0-2 out placed me 2 times
Player-1: 1-1 out placed him 1, he out placed me 1
Scatt: 1-2 out placed him 1, he out placed me 2
Alby: 0-0
turtl: 1-1 out placed him 1, he out placed me 1
Micaelis: 1-0 out placed him 1
scatz: 3-0 out placed him 3

If there was a tie or if I/They were not at that tournament i did not add or subtract points.

there are my statistics according to all the tournaments you listed and the results from the august monthly.

I'm just throwing this out. Not stating my opinion to where i should be placed, just throwing out all my info because i feel not all of it was looked at.

bigman40

Smash Master
Dyno, my matches don't matter cause I don't want to be on this PR. Also, I throughly hate the fact that there's no seeding using the PR we have. Random seeding and/or seeding from doubles isn't good enough.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I may be attending Chainey University this Jan. I wanna get PR'd in this state before I move to the upper East. Because PA goes to mad EC tournies, like MD/VA tourneys, NJ, NY, and their own. All Tourney's I wanna place high and rep GA in. I figure if can get ranked here and go to the upper EC and wreck there that trash talk will be put to sleep.

I just bought a Braves Cap today just to rep yall in tourneys OoS :) lol. I'm gonna put my gamer tag as waba OoS as well lol.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Dyno, my matches don't matter cause I don't want to be on this PR. Also, I throughly hate the fact that there's no seeding using the PR we have. Random seeding and/or seeding from doubles isn't good enough.
I agree, Seeding according to PR should be taken into consideration. What was it, ME you reflex and micaelis in one pool? was it? or am i mixing pools?

Might have been Me, You in a pool once and me mic and reflex in another pool once.

doesnt matter. my main point is that, yes i agree with you and there should be more careful thought about the seeding in accordance to the PR.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
please just use GA for your tag OoS -________-
Indeed. I'll also try my best to go to little tournaments, unless you guys promise not to rank my skill :(
I don't want to throw myself out there (As if he was any good)

bigman40

Smash Master
I agree, Seeding according to PR should be taken into consideration. What was it, ME you reflex and micaelis in one pool? was it? or am i mixing pools?

Might have been Me, You in a pool once and me mic and reflex in another pool once.

doesnt matter. my main point is that, yes i agree with you and there should be more careful thought about the seeding in accordance to the PR.
My pool was Kadaj, Billy, Me, then Osmo, then other people
My other pool was Kadaj (wtf guys), Dyno, Me, TGK, then other people.

I said this last season that tourneys needed to be seeded by PR because having a PR is useless when nothing is used for it. It's like I'm ranked 10th here, but it doesn't mean **** cause I don't get any kind of seeding to show it (I'm busy getting knocked out by top 3 - 7 before I even have a dam chance of showing up in at least top 10). If the PR had anything sort of merit, using it as seeding would force the other players that aren't ranked actually work instead of getting lucky when the top 10 cut off each other a decent amount of the time. And don't give me no BS where the seeding can't be setup when pools were. We have the downtime during doubles to make the singles brackets/pools so that it would reflect our PR (obviously it would be different if we ever had a big regional tourney or something).

This is one of my true pet peeves as to why I hate being on the PR. It's just a blank icon status as the way it's being used now.

Player-3

Smash Hero
My pool was Kadaj, Billy, Me, then Osmo, then other people
My other pool was Kadaj (wtf guys), Dyno, Me, TGK, then other people.

I said this last season that tourneys needed to be seeded by PR because having a PR is useless when nothing is used for it. It's like I'm ranked 10th here, but it doesn't mean **** cause I don't get any kind of seeding to show it (I'm busy getting knocked out by top 3 - 7 before I even have a dam chance of showing up in at least top 10). If the PR had anything sort of merit, using it as seeding would force the other players that aren't ranked actually work instead of getting lucky when the top 10 cut off each other almost all the time. And don't give me no BS where the seeding can't be setup when pools were. We have the downtime during doubles to make the singles brackets/pools so that it would reflect our PR (obviously it would be different if we ever had a big regional tourney or something).

This is one of my true pet peeves as to why I hate being on the PR. It's just a blank icon status as the way it's being used now.
this

how do i beat people on the pr in tournament if i keep getting knocked out by ddds like 3rd round

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah because they try to seed me and p1 on opp brackets

and the ddds are always on my side

and you play ddd

fffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom