• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia #4 | Game over - Town wins!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You know I wasn't sure what to make of that when I read it, but I do think it could be a genuine Freudian slip (him actually meaning to say kuz). That's really funny. What was Kantrip's response?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well I'm out for D2. If you guys need me, have Xat or Scary post something completely unrelated to the game in the Dgames Social. Asta Luego.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
So... I sat down and did the math. Zen is right, pretty sure we got this in the bag. Here's the rundown:

Confirmed Not Goon
Joey
MB
Sokr
Scary

Unconfirmed
Zen
RR
Xatres
Kafka

---------

D2: 8 players, 1 scum, 1 traitor (4-4)
---> Mislynch unconfirmed (4-3)

N2: 7 players, 1 scum, 1 traitor
---> Scary rb unconfirmed (5-2)
---> Confirmed NKed (4-2)

D3: 6 players, 1 scum, 1 traitor (4-2)
---> Mislynch unconfirmed (4-1)

N3: 5 players, 1 scum, 1 traitor (4-1)
---> Confirmed NKed (3-1)

D4: 4 players, 1 scum, 1 traitor
---> Lynch last unconfirmed player, town wins!

Not sure if there's any scenario that doesn't end in a town win.

So.... if the goon wants to claim now, we can just wrap this sucker up. Do the math and get back to us!

6 players, 1 scum, 1 traitor

mislynch (xatres)

mason/joey dies

4 players, 1 scum, 1 traitor

zen, sokr, mb, rr

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Woops, left some extra notes at the bottom. The point remains.

Goon, just claim so we can all get on with the high fiving and shout-outs.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@Zen/RR/Whoever else is around: Can we discuss why the heck Rake died instead of Scary? Why in the world would scum leave us this valuable resource?
No clue, only guess is that he crumbed somewhere and scum wanted it gone. Or Kantrip made it clear they weren''t connected, based on D1 that looked like it was the case.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Reread the game, Zen scum=/= Kantrip scum.

I stand by that.

Xastrn is also harder to see, Kafka needs to go.

Before we lynch 2 things need to happen.

1. Joey and Magic Bounce need to clarify who is what before lylo/mylo. I don't want the game to be lost if the traitor is in those two when they CC each other.

2. Scary need to declare who is target is before tonight.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
So... assuming that Scary doesn't RB the scum toNight, then toMorrow will be a showdown between the two remaining unconfirmed players.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Honestly, I think Zen should be the roleblock target. On the off-chance that Zen is scum, he'd have the game in the bag with the scenario as it currently stands. I don't think I could be talked into voting for him versus RR if I were roleblocked, and I don't think I could convince RR to vote for Zen over me if RR is roleblocked. But I DO trust town to differentiate between me and RR, should RR be scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
In the middle of D1 (emphasis mine):

Scumslip?

I don't think anyone called him on this EXCEPT Potassium, who may have been trying to cover for his scummate. Looking at the rest of Kafka's posts, he doesn't ever engage Potassium after this until Potassium scumslips himself with whole Scary CC thing.
Wait really?

Might very well be a scum slip here. lol.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I have to fix my reads to an extent since FroMarsh was town.

@Xat, I meant I'll RB Zen for the time being unless something develops for me to switch off that. If anything I'll wait to be the hammer and I'll announce my RB there.

RR, why is Kefkaesque the play? I can see the slips that were mentioned. He was generally null but are those slips enough to put him out? Just wanted to double check since it looks like Kefka would be the the play toDay.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I have to fix my reads to an extent since FroMarsh was town.

@Xat, I meant I'll RB Zen for the time being unless something develops for me to switch off that. If anything I'll wait to be the hammer and I'll announce my RB there.

RR, why is Kefkaesque the play? I can see the slips that were mentioned. He was generally null but are those slips enough to put him out? Just wanted to double check since it looks like Kefka would be the the play toDay.
I wouldn't RB Zen.

Zen has the least connections in terms of play and if anything he has the most that makes him look unlikely as scum. He made the original call out on Kantrip, how his interaction with your claim was scummy.

He made the move to push for his lynch, he was the driving force for it and clearly had a reason to start it.

Kefka if anything has more to him in terms of being evasive of Kantrip, he didn't try to handle him til the claim situation happened. He didn't make a move on Kantrip for his want for you not to claim, letting what Kantrip said just roll off him. Elementary scummy? yes, but he ignored it til a wagon started.

Zen was the driving force, but this is what Aggressive Mediation used to start he major wagons to get himself to lylo. Still I have a lot more faith in him than Kefka who was evasive of Kantrip and has some icky connections with a potential slip in the works.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Fine with Kafka going as he's the only one of the four that I don't have a town read on.

Masq was my only other scum read at the end of D1 so I could definitely see him as traitor. Just waiting on the claim to reinforce that.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
...and that's three reads I've got completely backwards

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Hold up, we need a defiant agreed answer from Scray.

Basically what it comes down to for me is this: In our current situation, I find an unchecked Zen more threatening to town than an unchecked RR. Yes, Zen pushed the Potassium lynch, which by rule of thumb makes it unlikely that he would be bussing. However, Zen apparently has a reputation for running gambits, so I wouldn't push the hard bus past him. He hopped wagons all day yesterDay, and tried to quicklynch me at the end of the day while fear-mongering over the deadline. I'm not saying any of this is conclusive, just saying it's enough to not write him off entirely.

Another point: We have no idea why Rake is alive over Scary. Yes, they may have picked up some vig tells, but killing Rake was still a risk over killing Scary. Zen may have planned to let Scary live and then enact this exact plan, using his bus of Potassium as a means to auto-clear himself and get us into mylo.

So... yeah... I think Zen is a good roleblock candidate. He'll be 100% cleared and then town can decide between me and you if Kafka flips town.

If we DON'T go with Zen as the RB, then I'd have to say RR next. Aside from the fact that I know I'm town, there's also the fact that I've been under the microscope literally the entire game. There's a wealth of evidence on the table already to prove my guilt or innocence, while you and Zen haven't felt any heat all game. I'd rather have one of you roleblocked than myself.

All that being said... Yeah, if Scary feels like I'm the best choice, then go for it. That basically puts town's success or failure in my hands toMorrow should Kafka flip town. We'd have to see how I could do under a totally different kind of pressure. >_>

@Scary: Whatever you decide, just make sure you announce it. You WILL die in the night, otherwise scum is effectively forfeiting the game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Saw the message in the Social Thread.

@Xast
I'm already 99% cleared. RBing me is a waste, but I don't think it matters since Kafk is likely the goon.

Xast you're being way too paranoid of me >_>. I am known for making gambits as town. I hate bussing and would never do it unless it would put scum at a mechanical advantage (D3 FML being shot by Ruy for instance). If you look at any of my scum games you will see that I always keep my mates as town. Throwing your mate under the bus is foolish as it hardly ever pays off.

Ruy should be the RB because if things go wrong, I'd rather he be in the clear and the one to make the final decision on things.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Zen: I'm preconditioned to think outside the box. My brother (B-Run) and I used to NK ourselves as scum just to throw town off during Meat World games. Usually it paid off. (this was in a no-reveal setup)

You should take it as a compliment that you I think you crafty enough pull off that kind of play.

When it comes right down to it, I agree that there's a very good chance of Kafka flipping scum and the game being over. But given the choice, I'd rather be fighting for my life (and the town win) against RR than against you.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@Zen: I'm preconditioned to think outside the box. My brother (B-Run) and I used to NK ourselves as scum just to throw town off during Meat World games. Usually it paid off. (this was in a no-reveal setup)

You should take it as a compliment that you I think you crafty enough pull off that kind of play.

When it comes right down to it, I agree that there's a very good chance of Kafka flipping scum and the game being over. But given the choice, I'd rather be fighting for my life (and the town win) against RR than against you.
The bolded is gross.

It's like you're afraid of me being cleared.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kafkaesque [3] - Zen, Xatres, ScaryLB59;

Not voting [5] - Red Ryu, Masquerain, Magic Bounce, Kafkaesque, Sokr;

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

:059:

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Well, we're obviously not going to agree on this. It all likely moot anyways, since we still need to see the Kafka flip.

@Scary: Vote who you want between me and RR. We'll roll the dice in the morning.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
why is this dead-ish?

Has everything been hit on the head lol?

People don't have anything to say. Kafka's gonna be lynched, no one seems to have a problem with that, and Xatres, Zen and RR are bickering about who should get RB'd between them. There isn't much room for discussion other than their opinion on who should be RB'd. If they're like me, then they see those three options all as town and have no opinion one way or the other.

I think we should just let scary decide who he wants to RB because discussions on that will go back and forth forever. Let's vote Kafka and finish this game.

Top Bottom