• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W's Dair...

Supergupo

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or is G&W's dair a lot better than most people think? It's a fast move w/good strength, has sex kick properties that can meteor on initial frames, a fairly large disjointed hitbox, a long lasting hitbox, and little landing lag when L-Canceled. For me, it's his best move (even better than his d-tilt), and using the move has netted me some local tournament victories.

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
It is one of his best moves for sure, but really I think it's a three way tie between Nair, Fair, Dair. Each has their clear purpose and they are all wonderfully disjointed. Bair also has some amazing properties and can set up combos starting at 0% all the way to really high percents on both floaties and FFers.

Oh also Dair has a floor hitbox like Bair that can shield poke very easily, and combined damage is 19-20 if the Key and Floor HB hit.

Still though Dair isn't what I would call fast (takes 12 frames to be active! not bad for a Dair but not fast), in fact none of G&W's aerials are fast enough to allow him to escape pressure or react quickly with them (or use as OoS). If his Nair was as fast as other Nairs (3-5 frames) and was cancel-able that would probably catapult him up to high A tier.

Last edited:

Parttimenoob

Smash Rookie
Although i agree with Game-and-Watches Dair being amazing, i'd say it is subpar to Fair and maybe even Nair. That is because of one single fact. Dair's Hitbox goes in a direction, where it is very situational. Downwards. In general, ground game in melee is superior to air-game, and juggles are often great options. Game-and-Watch in particular has an advantage when he is below the opponent, so going up to hit them with downwards hitboxes is already kind of bad. (While the reward for hitting dair, positionally, is great because he goes above) Its okay in some situations, and still has great properties, but dtilt and fair are superior in my opinion.

Top Bottom