• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W's Bucket is confirmed to be able to absorb energy projectiles, and reflect physical projectiles

Rakurai

Smash Ace
That change was nice (Particularly because the bucket seems to have a lot less endlag now), but I noticed he also has a totally new fair (Around the 1:00 mark) that looks extremely good.

It's from Mario's Bombs Away, and has him shove a bomb forwards, except if it whiffs, he drops it and it falls to the floor afterward and blows up.

This means he now has a low committal method of harassing people below him which I think is going to be a game changer because the only thing he could do before was his laggy dair.

Also, his dtilt is faster now but it has a new animation that reduces its disjoint, as he kind of slides his head under the left edge of the manhole to lift it

Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
He also seems to have a new F-Air, where he drops a bomb.

xDrippyx

Smash Rookie
Also, his new Fair looks like it'll be useful, but the hitbox on the explosion isn't very big. Smaller than the animation of the explosion for sure.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
F-tilt is the same, but it can be angled now.

Also, uair apparently got revamped so it works like Megaman's and fires an air blast that inches upwards, carrying people along with it, but all of its knockback is now from the windbox (Meaning it only causes minimal flinching on the initial hit). I have really mixed feelings about this because it makes it superb at harassing/damaging people who are trying to land, but also takes away one of G&W's kill options, because the knockback seems really low even if it connects fully.

Last edited:

xDrippyx

Smash Rookie
F-tilt is the same, but it can be angled now.

Also, uair apparently got revamped so it works like Megaman's and fires an air blast that inches upwards, carrying people along with it, but all of its knockback is now from the windbox (Meaning it only causes minimal flinching on the initial hit). I have really mixed feelings about this because it makes it superb at harassing/damaging people who are trying to land, but also takes away one of G&W's kill options, because the knockback seems really low even if it connects fully.
I just logged in to correct myself and say basically what you just said haha.
Ftilt does look faster now.
I wonder if G&W will be lacking any reliable kill moves besides up smash. :(

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
I just logged in to correct myself and say basically what you just said haha.
Ftilt does look faster now.
I wonder if G&W will be lacking any reliable kill moves besides up smash. :(
Yeah I hope he has good kill options

Hopefully the F-Air bomb has good knockback growth so it can kill off of a good edge-guard when falling

Last edited:

xDrippyx

Smash Rookie
Let's hopee. He'll be pretty good at edge guarding to say the least, but I'd like for him to have some reliability.
Also, I was thinking, have we seen his Nair yet? I wonder if that has changed at all.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Nair seemed basically the same. Still does high damage and still juggles well.

If anything, it might an easier time connecting fully, as there seemed to be more hitstop on its multi-hits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom