• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W is not underatted anymore thanks to Maister.

Vincey_Boi

Smash Apprentice
After Maister's absolutely INSANE performance at full bloom 5 defeating ESAM in top 8 where he barely took it with an Up-smash and took Marss and cosmos to game 5 of their set but an unfortunate SD from Maister in Game 5 of his game Marss made Maister go into the Loser's finals where he took Cosmos to game 5 but lost in a last stock high percentage situation.Unfortunately for Maister his run ended in not 1 but 2 games in my opinion the real way he lost was his very unfortunate SD in the winners finals vs Marss. But tbh I think Game and watch is actually a good character he has some nice combos he can do a bunch of cool and fun stuff with his moveset and with a player such as Maister he shows that game and watch is not even close to being as bad as Little Mac. You did good Maister 3rd place is not even close to bad especially for a G&W main. GG's Maister. :ultgnw:

Vermilion

Smash Cadet
Maister did great, but I think people will continue to underrate Mr. Game & Watch. Most people don’t understand the character, so they just go by the generic assumption that he sucks because of F-air.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
He is still underrated. Not that many people use him that much because everyone believes that he is a bottom tier in this game. However, watching Maister has motivated me to try out Game and Watch again after brushing him off to the side at first. I think this character has a lot of potential and I think he will go up on the tier list soon.

JMPG&W

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys, first post on the board! Playing Smash since 64 and most certainly maining G&W since Melee!

Ive got my GSP up to 4.354 M and have yet to see any G&W's who have broken even the 3.5 threshold. Not a lot of people play as him online and its definitely an advantage for us!

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys, first post on the board! Playing Smash since 64 and most certainly maining G&W since Melee!

Ive got my GSP up to 4.354 M and have yet to see any G&W's who have broken even the 3.5 threshold. Not a lot of people play as him online and its definitely an advantage for us!
I main him currently. I picked up the game this month, and my GSP usually hovers 3.8M

I really enjoy him this game because of his fair to be honest. It's a valuable tool is the right situations. A great juggler and annoyance character (my specialty).

EDIT: Actually just got a 4.39 and put into Elite Smash with G&W. He's definitely getting slept on.

Last edited:

Squirvyzard

Smash Rookie
G&W is a character I would love to main, but it's a bit difficult for me to get too good with him. I respect anybody who has success with him as I love his design & personality. Let's hope Sakurai hears our prayers once more, this flat character needs some inflation. :ultgnw:

DemonQueenEtna

Smash Rookie
It's odd, somehow that's filtered into my group and I'm told G&W is boring...it doesn't help that I play Puff too.

Top Bottom