• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W Doubles Help / Suggestions?

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
Hey G&W thread, my partner @Big Brother and I are going to a tournament in awhile and we were wondering who would add the best strategy to doubles with Game and Watch involved? If you have any ideas as to combos or combo starters and such on, please reply :) The characters I play are -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:4sheik::4cloud::4lucario::4wario2::4peach:
----------------------------------------
if you have any ideas as to our doubles team, please let me know! :)

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Cloud is best choice if skill with characters is equal, will elaborate later.

*Weeks Later* Guess it's about time I elaborated lol
Cloud has a sword and range that make up for G&W's lowish range, and can use limit moves to destroy people of G&W combos.He's also pretty fast, so he can move around the Battlefield for saves. He'll be the main killer of the team, and he's damn good at it.
G&W can cover Limit Charge because he's actually kinda hard to simply approach as an amazing bait-and-punish character. He can also rack up damage even faster than Cloud can, and Cloud is pretty good at it, so this team will get kills quickly. His offstage game makes up for Cloud's lackluster offstage ability, and he can bolster Cloud's recovery well with uair and Fire offstage(Cloud buys time for G&W to get under there with Side and Neutral Special.
As for stuffing approaches, if they stay together Cloud can punish nearly all ill-advised grounded approaches with dtilt, and G&W usmashes anyone in the air with impunity, making opponents ripe for huge juggles. by two vortex heavy characters.

As for specific synergies, G&W can get 30-50% combos that set up aerial Finishing touches on triplat stages that get kills ridiculously early. On flat stages Blad Beam + sh Chef = two slow moving projectiles that preclude running or jumping in.

It's a devastating team that does a ****ton of damage and has solid kill ability. Weaknesses include Cloud possibly being juggled to oblivion, G&W dying a bit too early(Although his recovery is nigh unbeatable in doubles) or getting launched farr away so Cloud has to fight by himself, and possibly getting outcamped by projectile-heavy teams.

Last edited:

Strobics

Smash Rookie
NNID
Strobics
Metaknight. Up throw your opponen as G&W. Catch them with tornado as MK. Then use G&W to blow them up with windbox of up air.

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Cloud is the best doubles character, so if you like winning, go for him. Sad that he is, but whatever

G&W fthrow and backthrow are virtually identical, just know to jump a little before you do finishing touch.

Top Bottom