• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future Moveset

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
After watching Sora's presentation, it made me think of how to incorporate multiple egg types in a future Banjo & Kazooie moveset if they were to return (with the disclaimer that veteran's rarely have dramatic changes, only tweaks). I was wondering how cycling through egg types in the order of Tooie would affect things. From blue eggs to fire eggs to grenade eggs to ice eggs to clockwork Kazooie eggs. I've already mentioned before how they would function, and they already incorporate fire and ice effects in other's movesets (and clockwork Kazooie eggs are similar to Bowser Jr.'s mechakoopas, though would probably follow the direction the player inputs to be able to control them like they could in Tooie). It does seem weird how only grenade eggs make an appearance, though if we could only choose one, I feel like grenades make Banjo & Kazooie more unique. The alternative would be the ideas we had before, which would be to use fire/ice/clockwork eggs in moves that don't originate from the games, including aerials.

The other missing component in Banjo & Kazooie's current moveset is, to me, the flight pad. Of course, Banjo & Kazooie shouldn't be flying around the stage (doesn't stop Sora, though!), I feel like the best place to put it would actually be when Banjo & Kazooie use their up special in the air. Rather than a shock spring jump pad, it would be a flight pad, and doing so would cause them to go into Beak Bomb in the direction the player chooses, similar to Sephiroth's and Sora's up special. It should be a riskier move (since I've often hit the ground hard in the original games), but give them a better recovery option. Gives them something more special than a traditional move set, without changing things too dramatically.

While the charm of Banjo & Kazooie's moves are that they are simple, as if they originated in the original Smash 64, it's not necessarily the case that they are easy-to-use or as all-around as we would expect them to be, as seen by how new players approach Banjo & Kazooie. And I feel like there are changes that could be made to make them more unique, without over-complicating their character.

What future move changes would you like to see in the future now that we have examples from all characters?

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I personally would love the option to cancel Wonderwing early. Maybe with a shield input. The move is great, but it's sooooo punishable when it goes the full distance. If we only get 5 per stock, we should be able to cancel it early, like with Fox illusion, to make it more strategic for us.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
As a true Banjo main (as in I actually like the moveset beyond just liking the character) there isn’t much I would change. As cool as the multiple eggs would be, it would disrupt their play style, but Wonderwing needs some really tweaking. As it is, it is a high risk KO options and great recovery move. I would easily give up some of its knock back power in favor of less start up and cool down time. Also the move is good and all, but the limit to only five per stock makes is not needed beyond spam control. So again, give it less power and more utility and it would go a long way in making Banjo a more dynamic character.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As a true Banjo main (as in I actually like the moveset beyond just liking the character) there isn’t much I would change. As cool as the multiple eggs would be, it would disrupt their play style, but Wonderwing needs some really tweaking. As it is, it is a high risk KO options and great recovery move. I would easily give up some of its knock back power in favor of less start up and cool down time. Also the move is good and all, but the limit to only five per stock makes is not needed beyond spam control. So again, give it less power and more utility and it would go a long way in making Banjo a more dynamic character.
I was a Banjo & Kazooie main the first time I played them—unlike most characters, I was able to pick them up immediately and be good with them.

That being said, I see Smash as not just a fighting game but a celebration of gaming and I can see areas of improvement. I still like the idea of their up b on the ground being Shock Spring Jump for vertical movement and their up b in the air being beak bomb for horizontal recovery. Using Wonderwing in the air doesn’t feel right because you rarely jumped with it in the actual games and how it dips so low makes it a weird horizontal recovery. Wonderwing to me seems better as a powerful move, rather than a recovery option, and including the flight pad feels more representative of them. Though I’m also up for those Wonderwing improvements.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I was a Banjo & Kazooie main the first time I played them—unlike most characters, I was able to pick them up immediately and be good with them.

That being said, I see Smash as not just a fighting game but a celebration of gaming and I can see areas of improvement. I still like the idea of their up b on the ground being Shock Spring Jump for vertical movement and their up b in the air being beak bomb for horizontal recovery. Using Wonderwing in the air doesn’t feel right because you rarely jumped with it in the actual games and how it dips so low makes it a weird horizontal recovery. Wonderwing to me seems better as a powerful move, rather than a recovery option, and including the flight pad feels more representative of them. Though I’m also up for those Wonderwing improvements.
Wonderwing works best in the air though. I see it as the air attack learned in Freezeezy Peak but with the gold feather as added firepower.

Top Bottom