• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<Future Japanese Falco Video Archive?>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Cute. We should try to organize all the Japanese Falcos and organize their most recent vids, but I'd say 2010-present should be fine. Of course we have SLS, the best Falco in the world, but what other falcos are there? Anyone know? And personally I definitely think this is a good idea and that this should happen!

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
This is a video of a Japanese Falco VS Olimar crew battle on Wifi:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15944778
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15944830
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15944881

SLS is the last Falco to play and also the commentator. He plays against Brood (ブルード).

Of course we have SLS, the best Falco in the world...
I agree, but DEHF though?

...but what other falcos are there? Anyone know?
Notable Japanese Falco players besides SLS include Aki, Abadango (who actually placed above SLS at SRBT 1-2 but keep in mind that SLS did not play Falco or Meta Knight at that tournament), Masha, and Sakasaka.

Abadango, Masha, and Sakasaka all previously played primarily on Wifi. SLS did too actually.

It seems like a lot of Falco players come from Wifi, so I guess I should mention Some and FILIP too.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Seriously guys?

We already have a ****ing video thread...add videos there. They're Japanese people, not Gods, so that's where their videos go...

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Lol what would it accomplish except having a separate thread for a different ethnicity?

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
This is a video of a Japanese Falco VS Olimar crew battle on Wifi:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15944778
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15944830
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15944881

SLS is the last Falco to play and also the commentator. He plays against Brood (ブルード).

I agree, but DEHF though?

Notable Japanese Falco players besides SLS include Aki, Abadango (who actually placed above SLS at SRBT 1-2 but keep in mind that SLS did not play Falco or Meta Knight at that tournament), Masha, and Sakasaka.

Abadango, Masha, and Sakasaka all previously played primarily on Wifi. SLS did too actually.

It seems like a lot of Falco players come from Wifi, so I guess I should mention Some and FILIP too.

Lmao, Did you not watch DEHF vs Nietono? He could have won, but he played so dumb. Honestly, I respect SLS more than I do DEHF because at least he can play Falco in the smartest way possible. No hate on DEHF, but I absolutely hated seeing him lose a match he SHOULD and COULD have definitely won. :/

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
@ Trollby, Falco is hard to play in tournament. Due to nerves or possibly a technical error, DEHF side b-ed onto the stage instead of to the ledge. That is the life of a Falco main. As a character, Falco's enormous technical potential can be rewarding, however he is punished very hard for mistakes (have you ever accidentally side b cancelled when trying to recover? or tried to dash attack or bdacus and end up doing standing upsmash?) Imo this why solo Falco mains are a rare breed these days, due to his unforgiving learning curve, and the fact that most wont tough it out vs Pika/ICs although I personally believe both of those matchups are winnable with enough experience.

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
DEHF only really made poor decisions recovering.

The safest way possible? SLS? No. He often throws out short hop dairs seemingly without reason. A more extreme example can be seen in SLS vs Kakera's Ice Climbers at SumabatoX 10. He down smashes Kakera at a low percent and gets chain grabbed to death for doing so.

When he is playing his best, he is certainly one of the safest Falco players, but he makes his share of mistakes just as everyone else does. Sometimes, he even messes up the chain grab, lol.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion

The safest way possible? SLS? No. He often throws out short hop dairs seemingly without reason. A more extreme example can be seen in SLS vs Kakera's Ice Climbers at SumabatoX 10. He down smashes Kakera at a low percent and gets chain grabbed to death for doing so.

When he is playing his best, he is certainly one of the safest Falco players, but he makes his share of mistakes just as everyone else does. Sometimes, he even messes up the chain grab, lol.
@ Trollby, Falco is hard to play in tournament. Due to nerves or possibly a technical error, DEHF side b-ed onto the stage instead of to the ledge. That is the life of a Falco main. As a character, Falco's enormous technical potential can be rewarding, however he is punished very hard for mistakes (have you ever accidentally side b cancelled when trying to recover? or tried to dash attack or bdacus and end up doing standing upsmash?) Imo this why solo Falco mains are a rare breed these days, due to his unforgiving learning curve, and the fact that most wont tough it out vs Pika/ICs although I personally believe both of those matchups are winnable with enough experience.
Lmao, Did you not watch DEHF vs Nietono? He could have won, but he played so dumb. Honestly, I respect SLS more than I do DEHF because at least he can play Falco in the smartest way possible. No hate on DEHF, but I absolutely hated seeing him lose a match he SHOULD and COULD have definitely won. :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pubm6yZ2do

Olimar can F smash falco when he is recovering if he spaces his pikimen properly/reacts properly REGARDLESS of whether or not falco side b's to the ledge or the stage. If falco is forced into a situation where he MUST side b, this is very difficult for falco to deal with.

If you look closely it appears that the majority of the time larry side b's he's doing it above where Olimars F smash would be, or he's doing it in situations where olimar couldn't F smash (as in doing it immediately)

Even the times where Larry side b's straight into Neitono look closely at about 8:18, neitono tries to F smash but the side b beats it becasue he does it immediately.

I honestly think if you feel that larry deserved to win that set you're just meat riding him.

He did not outplay neitono.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Drew, a little bit harsh don't you think? And yes they are Gods.
I actually agree with Drew here, although my reasons differ. If you're going to make a thread, then please show some initiative. Calvo has access to the internet, and thus access to Youtube, and I would personally liked to have seen at least a couple of links on his part to show that he himself is searching for these vids. If he's not willing to do any work, then please just ask in the Q&A thread.

Olimar can F smash falco when he is recovering if he spaces his pikimen properly/reacts properly REGARDLESS of whether or not falco side b's to the ledge or the stage. If falco is forced into a situation where he MUST side b, this is very difficult for falco to deal with.

If you look closely it appears that the majority of the time larry side b's he's doing it above where Olimars F smash would be, or he's doing it in situations where olimar couldn't F smash (as in doing it immediately)

Even the times where Larry side b's straight into Neitono look closely at about 8:18, neitono tries to F smash but the side b beats it becasue he does it immediately.
Are you sure Oli's f-smash can hit Falco out of illusion if he just goes for the ledge? I mean, I know that Pikmin retain their hitbox as they fall down, but I feel that Brawl's loledge snap range > pikmin hitbox.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice

I honestly think if you feel that larry deserved to win that set you're just meat riding him.

He did not outplay neitono.
Meatride? Lol... alright then. No, I was just saying that the way he was recovering back on stage was really dumb and that he could have won if he hadn't done that. I take it very offensively that you think I'm meat riding Larry, I'm 100 percent sure if you ask a lot of players about this match that most or some will say that Larry could have won if he hadn't recovered the way he did.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice

Alright, I'll admit that some of the things he does is VERY unsafe, but I still see him as one of the best falco players just because of how technically perfect he is.. ( most of the the time that is ) Honestly, if he would change some of the ways he approaches, he'd be an even better Falco than he is now.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
True, Pika and IC's can be very tough, but if you have enough experience with the MU you could probably pull off a win. But, I'm unsure if DEHF was taking Nietono seriously or not, considering that he beat Brood at the last Apex. That's just a suggestion though.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Meatride? Lol... alright then. No, I was just saying that the way he was recovering back on stage was really dumb and that he could have won if he hadn't done that. I take it very offensively that you think I'm meat riding Larry, I'm 100 percent sure if you ask a lot of players about this match that most or some will say that Larry could have won if he hadn't recovered the way he did.
How many of them are high level players?lolololol.
The way he was recovering wasn't really that dumb if you look carefully. You should look at each individual side b and see if it was justified given the circumstances. If you do I not think you will believe that larry lost because he side b'd stupidly.

Btw if you're so obsessed with his "bad play" regarding recovery why aren't you mentioning all the times larry got hit by fair for fsmashing? Why aren't you refering to all the times he got grabbed for lasering? Did you even notice these things? He gets hit multiple times for both.

I genuinly think that you either didn't pay enough attention to the match or yes you are meatriding him. I am sorry if it comes off rudely

edit cross: yes, I am sure. This is from experience playing asa delta and anuar. In situations where I was certain I was going for the ledge and got hit anyway (several times) and several others by the falling hitbox thing. I am certain that DEHF knew this from playing Rich Brown so much and why he side b'd the way he did. I was actually trying to figure out better ways to side b against olimar.

:phone:

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Trollby stop multi-posting. In the bottom right corner of every post you see this [ +" ]. When you want multiple posts quoted in one post you click that for every post you want quoted and then you click quote. You do not need to triple post lol.

Also Trollby, do not make sweeping generalizations. If you didn't know, Nietono is vastly superior to Brood. Rain said so himself, even though when Nietono was asked this question he said they (him and Brood) were about equal (just to be polite). Claiming that DEHF didn't take the match seriously is not true at all lol.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Japan does not get its own video thread just because it's Japan.

Weeaboos, put the with the rest of the Falco vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom