• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fusion Comic

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
FUSION COMIC

Alright boys and girls, I'm going to run a fusion comic. What is a fusion comic you ask? Basically, it's an endless comic where people all add onto it. The starting person makes a panel combined off random images (it has to make sense, and look decent), then the next person builds on that. So let's say panel one depicts a boy waking up in the morning, and then the next person wants to add a twist in panel 2. So he makes our character fall out of bed. See how it works? It's simple! I'll try to put up some examples from a few years ago on a different site. We ended up with around 50+ panels with 7 people. This could be much larger, but will require much more moderation and ruling. So to make it more organized, we'll have a sign up list. Once we get enough sign ups we'll start. More people can sign up as we go, thus making it endless!

The great thing about fusion comics is the diversity. So many different people coming together to make one hysterical comic. Here are a few guidelines to keep things orderly though.

~Rules~

• Do NOT add more than one new character per frame, and even then it's best not to add a new character every panel.
  • DO NOT skew from sign up order. This is imperative! Because many people get impatient then it leads to conflict.
  • Try and keep to a relative size. For now, each person gets a maximum of 1000 x 500 (horizontally) pixels to work with.

Your panel can be done in various methods; Photoshopped, fused of different images, or drawn. If you draw it, please be sure to color and make it look similar to the other panels.

Well, I think that covers quite a bit of it. Have fun!

Pages completed so far (in chronological order):
Neon Ness
Elder Sister
Chronodiver Lokii
ZIO
Joeadok
ZIO
Joeadok
Neon Ness

global-wolf

The Comic!:

Chaco

Never Logs In
This thread is now MINE!

Reserved in case we need it for something.

You would steal my post.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
nice copy of freakazoid and incredibles into one, ***.

jk. Thats how it looks to me at first glance. Interesting, I've seen this done before, could work with the "AE Cast" (lets go with that mmmkay) we have.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah it's quite the common thing. I found it better fit to go here than in forum games though. Most of the time it's treated as a game.

Neon Ness

Oh yeah, I was just thinking about this... I'd definitely like to participate.

That makes 5?

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Hmm, I'll be gone till next saturday so excuse me if you start this this week.

I'm still down though.

2 Month later edit: I QUIT!

Neon Ness

So...

Now that the Smashboards Worm is alive again, we probably have a decent number of people in the AE (besides the regulars). I thought maybe we could get this thing up and running again, if Chaco permits... It's such a cool idea, it's sad that this died before it even began. :ohwell:

Right now the order looks like:

Chaco
PMKNG
Elder Sister
Neon Ness

More people would probably sign up if they saw the thread was active. Only thing is, 4 days is a really tight limit. For a person to be able to think of a panel that matches the previous one and have it look respectable, 4 days just doesn't seem like very long at all. This especially goes for people who go to college or have careers... or even both. I think a week or two sounds fair, but it depends on what other people think.

Also, sorry if this is worth an infraction or something, I know replying in old threads is against the rules...

Chaco

Never Logs In
I forgot about this....I'll get this set up in the nest few hours.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sure, I'm still in the organizational parts atm. Someone give me a theme, any random theme. Just pitch 'em.

Neon Ness

I dunno why but I really want to use the theme "First day of school." But it's so... cliche. :/ Still, I wouldn't mind doing that. It sounds like it'd start off normal but we could go in a lot of different directions. School of werewolves, anyone?

Or... seemingly ordinary teachers who moonlight as superheroes.

I'm not sure why all of my ideas so far have to do with school... Anyway, it should probably be something somewhat broad to start off, to give people room for creativity depending on what direction they feel like going in.

A day in the life of Bowser? *brainstorms* Those are the only 3 I have so far...

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Someone stole Marth's tiara headband thing?
What smashers do when they arent playing smash?
HALLOWEEEEEEEEN?

Neon Ness

Sounds good. I bet this could turn out really well.

Do we need any more people before we begin...?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Not really, but siiiiince you, my friend, gave us the theme. YOU START!

Neon Ness

Oh, OK. I'll get started on it.

I have a few ideas of how to start it off...

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm curious about something...since we're supposed to "follow" a similar style, does it mean that the first artists sets the style? :ohwell:

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, whatever way you wanna make your panel is fine.

Neon Ness

what a theme :p

neon ness, may i ask yoo how old you are?:joyful:

Why, does the theme sound too... 'kiddie'? Since we're dealing with mostly adults with careers here, this comic could be relatively mature/dark if we want to go in that direction, which I was sort of aiming for. Depends on what everybody wants, I guess.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
This seems really interesting.
I'll join :bee:.

Quick question though, I know we can use different styles, but would it be okay if someone were to use a western comic style one time, then a hand painted watercolour panel next, then an anime style the time after that, or would it be best to stick with one art style per person?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Honestly, I'm okay with anything. You can do it all digital for all I care. Like take pictures of existing things you want in the panel. However, I'm interested to see everyone's ideas of hand drawn. I say we should get some concept art for our main protagonist going. Lemme contact Neon Ness to halt, I hope he doesn't kill me. <.<

Anyways, things we'll need to start off with brainstorming:

How old is our protagonist?
What's his/her weakness?
What powers does he/she possess?
Is he a she, or she a he?
What color eyes, and hair?
What ethnicity?
Superhero outfit?
Regular work clothes?

Neon Ness

Actually the first character I came up with answers a few of these questions...

So far, I have a 30 year old high school teacher--a Chemistry professor. She wears normal clothes for the most part, but wears her heroine uniform underneath. I don't know, is that too Superman-cliche? That's just what I thought of, but these things can definitely change. Red hair and eyes, African American. Wait, that last part sounds like Crimson Viper from Street Fighter IV... Anyway, I'll have finished concept art to upload soon if anyone wants to see an actual image. Promise she doesn't look like C. Viper.

As for powers/weaknesses... well, we don't wanna spoil anything for the audience. I think we oughta leave that up to the participators, and just let the story unfold as they (we) see fit.

I guess I should hold off on the first panel's completion until we get everything sorted out. I'll try to work on doing the backgrounds/settings and text in the meantime, just to keep things moving along.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I know, we're playing by wing, lol. I just need to know the concept art.

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
Actually the first character I came up with answers a few of these questions...

So far, I have a 30 year old high school teacher--a Chemistry professor. She wears normal clothes for the most part, but wears her heroine uniform underneath. I don't know, is that too Superman-cliche? That's just what I thought of, but these things can definitely change. Red hair and eyes, African American. Wait, that last part sounds like Crimson Viper from Street Fighter IV... Anyway, I'll have finished concept art to upload soon if anyone wants to see an actual image. Promise she doesn't look like C. Viper.

As for powers/weaknesses... well, we don't wanna spoil anything for the audience. I think we oughta leave that up to the participators, and just let the story unfold as they (we) see fit.

I guess I should hold off on the first panel's completion until we get everything sorted out. I'll try to work on doing the backgrounds/settings and text in the meantime, just to keep things moving along.
he pretty much answered all your questions, so...

neon ness, lets get it started:lick:
*passes out from waiting*
lol

Neon Ness

I got some concept stuffs done if anyone cares to see the character I was talking about earlier.

I was trying out different hairstyles and stuff, but I think I prefer the short hair/square glasses combination most, so I colored that one just to see how it'd look. I think it's nice.

Anyone else have any sketches? I wanna see other people's ideas for protagonists if they have any, before I go too far into the first panel.

Top Bottom