• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fusion 2 - Regional Monthlies! - Postponed - South NJ - Practice for dat MLG!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
<efsa>
<ssfg>

Whens the last time there was a quality tournament in South Jersey? It's been a while I can assure you that. Those times are over with a new tournament series at the Red Fusion Gaming Center! Hosted by the store owner and co-hosted by ChiboSempai, you don't want to miss out on this awesome event!

Date:
May 29th, 2010

Time:
Doubles starts at 1:30pm
Singles starts after Doubles
You can arrive as early as 12:00pm. The mall opens even earlier so you can chill there, but the gaming center won't be open until noon at the very latest, but hopefully a lil earlier.

Price:
$5 Venue Fee - Free if you bring a TV and Wii we can use!
$10 Singles
$20 per team Doubles
Bring a TV and Wii and we will waive the venue fee!

Address:
Red Fusion Gaming Center @ The Shore Mall
6725 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234-3904

Tournament Play:
Doubles will play as a standard double-elimination bracket.
Singles will do pool play eliminating down to a smaller double-elimination bracket.
Why? Doing pools gives new players more bang for their buck giving them a guaranteed 4-5 matches instead of only 2. For pros this means more warm up for singles, or perhaps giving you a chance to practice other characters in tournament without risking your bracket placement right away. Pools will be eliminating so the tournament doesn't take forever and so the bracket runs nice and fast.

Payouts:
Singles - 48/22/14/8/4 (in %, both 5th place players get 4% of the pot)
Doubles - 55/30/15 (in %)
Hey guys! No longer just a battle for first place! Top 5 receives money from singles guaranteed!

Rules:
This is a week before MLG Columbus so I will be doing MLG rules for this tournament!

Transportation:
By Car:
Approximately 55 miles from Philadelphia, PA
Approximately 90 miles from Princeton, NJ
Approximately 120 miles from New York, NY
Approximately 130 miles from Baltimore, MD
Public Transit:
NJ Transit Bus 502 Stops here connecting from the Atlantic City Bus Terminal (24 minute ride)
You can get to the AC Bus Terminal from a train from NY and a train from Philadelphia.
or
Take the NJ Transit Train from Philadelphia to Absecon and see if someone can pick you up, the station is 4 miles from the venue.

TV List:
COME ON PEOPLE BRING TVS AND WIIS! YOU WILL RECEIVE FREE VENUE FEE IF YOU DO!

Interested Attendee List:
-I don't feel like keeping track for this one lol, but it's gonna be a ton of awesome people!

Setups:
TVs:
-5x Venue/Chibo

Wiis:
-4x Venue/Chibo

Other:
-Idk I'll post stuff here

Livestream:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fusion-smash-tournament

AllisBrawl Link
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9725

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
an east coast tourney without ally!

!

everyone quick, now is your time to make money!

iv got all the details, just too tired to make a thread last night. details later today when im at work.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
prob closer than 20 min

depends on what town ur lookin for, but yes, the whole general area of this tourney is considered the jersey shore

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure you can, I'd have to talk to the owner and stuff

but yea, we need TVs and Wiis.

Pretty much what you can do is have someone else get the discount for the setup and have them give you $5 lol.

But yea for a discount a TV + Wii is needed, so if you have 2 TVs and one Wii, find a friend or someone thats coming with just a Wii and between the 2 of u i can give u 2 discounts.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I love how I'm put in the OP as a possible attendee, but this is my first time seeing this thread.

I'm either going to this, or KTAR2, but definitely not both.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i put all of UFB in there per Matt's post. and i figured u guys would be interested as this is fairly close to philly

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Besides the tourney venue name sounding like some new drug, it seems legit. I'm interested in this. An actual tourney series in South Jersey lol, since when has that happened? All the **** is in North Jersey.. And if someone brings a TV I'll make an attempt to bring my hacked wii.

Top Bottom