• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fusion 2 - Regional Monthlies! - Postponed - South NJ - Practice for dat MLG!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
remember everyone, plz hit attending on AiB and bring some tvs + Wiis to receive free venue fee

if attendance is great the venue is gonna try and get some sponsors

_umbra_

Smash Champion
decent chance of both a car and a van full of people driving from the scranton area... not 100% yet but a pretty good chance

_umbra_

Smash Champion
so far the interested people are
me
melon
javi
slim
devl
corky
justin
ginmilk
bubbles
cqorn

probably a few more once we get the word out, most of them are new so I have a lot of teaching to do :)

we're not 100% sure if we're getting a van yet, but javi should be driving down at the very least so i think i have a ride either way

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
so far the interested people are
me
melon
javi
slim
devl
corky
justin
ginmilk
bubbles
cqorn

probably a few more once we get the word out, most of them are new so I have a lot of teaching to do :)

we're not 100% sure if we're getting a van yet, but javi should be driving down at the very least so i think i have a ride either way
Wow, thats alot. You guys gotta come. Been a while since I've seen you and Javi.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Probably not going to be able to make this if i get this new job. I'll let u know.

But put it in the op that it's mandatory for 1st place to do a "Vinny"(Fist Pump) In front of everyone. If he refuses Snookie that dude!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
andyG classic somewhat confirmed. all u olimars spam message him to make him return to his former glory

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I was thinking about trying to make this when I realized this is actually further away by a few mins than Inui's hotel

2 hour drive I can manage, 3 hours is just a bit too much

Maybe for a large scale event, also, chibo you shouldn't abuse your mod powers to get stickies, fyi, everytime you host a tournament its stickied within a day of it being posted, even brawl+ which only like <100 people in the world play competitively

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This is a large scale event

I'm not abusing my mod powers, I'm not allowed to sticky here. I can only sticky, close, open threads etc in my own zone, which is Melee videos. I don't have any powers anywhere else (besides profile infractions and such but that's a rare thing).

And also BtL2 was/is-still the largest Brawl+ only tournament yet

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
You're the melee video mod? I always wondered which forum you had.

Anyways, good luck with this, you guys should have a blast, livestream please!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thx, speaking of which, i'll determine the livestream status here based on how the event goes tomorrow. obv the place has internet and stuff, but i can determine how il get the livestream running and stuff

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Finally a tournament in South Jersey, I might come to this even though I haven't played Brawl since October.

would anybody wanna maybe possibly team with me for this?
Andy I want to team with you, but as the statement above said, I haven't played in months, so I'll be rusty. Also I have to confirm if I'm even going to this.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
UPDATES.

Inui and Atomsk got 4th in teams (Lost to Will + Blackanese, PGN + Izumi)
Atomsk lost to Will 0-2 in Brackets
Will plays dmbrandon next.
Dmbrandon and Shadow won teams.

ADHD

Smash Hero
UPDATES.

Inui and Atomsk got 4th in teams (Lost to Will + Blackanese, PGN + Izumi)
Atomsk lost to Will 0-2 in Brackets
Will plays dmbrandon next.
Dmbrandon and Shadow won teams.
Lame.

10 lame lame lame

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So people know who saw the venue from Fusion 0.5, spread the word, it has a lot of space. We will be using the entire venue for this tournament, not a couple of tables at the front of the store like 0.5 (because there was no planning time at all). For Fusion 1 we will be moving at least one whole side of computers in the store and using that whole area to line up TVs and what not and take full advantage of all the room there.

Other key things to remember about the venue:
-No closing time
-Next to a food court
-More parking space than you can imagine
-Conveniently located right near a NJ Parkway exit
-It's in South Jersey, a area of Atl North that normally has no tournaments at all
-Godly internet for amazing livestreaming (I will be working on this in the future and will provide more information when it's closer to the tourney date)

Everyone bring setups, especially Wiis please. I understand Fusion 0.5 was on such short notice, but only two people brought a Wii. I'm going to try and think of some new incentives for people to bring equipment.

The more people that come means the more often I can hold these with a better chance of landing a sponsorship in the near future.

Also note in the future I will hold Melee and Brawl+ at this venue.

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
no closing time is amazing

vex, if you go, I'm definitely down

I had a teams tournament the other day at my school (lol) but it still made it clear to me that I've still "got it"

just need some warmups

aztec, I'd be down, but I do wanna team with somebody that has been playing recently so they know how the game has changed and stuff and can help me keep up

mib004

Smash Ace

I had a teams tournament the other day at my school (lol) but it still made it clear to me that I've still "got it"

just need some warmups

aztec, I'd be down, but I do wanna team with somebody that has been playing recently so they know how the game has changed and stuff and can help me keep up
andy when you get a chance you should come practice with us sometime, we practice normally on the weekends at evan, or kendall house.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
your also more than welcome to come over my place like last year. living back in philly now with roommates that have an 80% lower ******* rating

_Yes!_

Smash Hero

just need some warmups

If I go to this, Leather Jacket dittos?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
over 40 ppl interested in coming so far

i want that number at least doubled

more ppl click attending on AiB plz

ppl bring TVs and wiis

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
MIB, I've been pinching pennies to make this spring break ludicrous. We're dominating Montreal.

After spring break (march 14th) I'll be able to go to whatever I wanna.

Top Bottom