• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUNKIN' ON A SMASHDAY NIGHT YEAH! - Friday Night Funkin' Support Thread

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Friday Night Funkin' Boyfriend Support Thread
5+UV5L.gif

Gfboombox.gif
What is Friday Night Funkin'?
Boyfriend.gif

Friday Night Funkin' is a popular rythm game developed by ninja_muffin99. The player takes on the role of Boyfriend, a wannabe rapper, who is trying to win the heart of a girl. However, he is intimidated by the presence of Daddy Dearest, her ex-rockstar father who doesn't approve of her new relationship. To impress Girlfriend, Boyfriend challenges her father to a sing-off to prove his worth. The gameplay is essentially just DDR but with a keyboard.

Who is Boyfriend?
BOYFRIEND.png

Boyfriend is the main character and protagonist of Friday Night Funkin'. He's on a mission to gain approval to date his Girlfriend, but must sing against her father and many other foes.

Does he have a chance, and should he be in?
Probably no to chance. The game is pretty new. Basically impossible. Should he be in though? Maybe. We currently don't have any rythm reps in Smash, and he could represent Newgrounds. Hope it happens one day!
Template_%282%29 (1).png

MUSIC
Gettin' Freaky
Bopeebo
Fresh
Pico
Spookeez
Thorns
Winter Horrorland
Dad Battle
Ugh

SPIRITS
Girlfriend
Daddy Dearest
Pico
Skid and Pump
Tankman

POSSIBLE ALTS
SUPER_MARIO_IN_REAL_LIFE.gif

BoyfriendXmas.gif

FUNKIN' SUPPORTERS
TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman
CureParfait CureParfait
@JDCabrera
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft
ninjahmos ninjahmos
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So I know this thread isn't very... active, but I wanted to notify people that the Week 7 character has apparently been confirmed.

Apparently, the character is Ritz the Rat, the main character of one of the creator's previous games. Thing is, we don't know if he's the Week 7 opponent, or if this is some kind of troll. Still, I figured I should mention it here for those interested.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
So a new track for Friday Night Funkin is out. Don't know who week 7 is supposed to be.
As for BF in smash honestly pretty unlikely but hey you never know.

D

Deleted member

Yes, count me on the supporter list.

Would be cool with at least a Mii costume, this Game is so cool I want content of It in Smash.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay, so apparently there's a chance Week 7 is actually a bit different than we thought:

https://youtu.be/lPvX20JH48E (linking because there might be some swearing, I honestly couldn't tell)

Essentially, this video implies that the Week 7 character is actually Tankman, due to the "Ugh" music track.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Well, there's a chance FNF will get some sort of combat system at some point. Could help with a Smash inclusion.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman

Well, there's a chance FNF will get some sort of combat system at some point. Could help with a Smash inclusion.
I've always figured that due to unused files in game with Boyfriend throwing up his mic, but nice to know from someone who works on the game. And yeah. it could help him with his Smash inclusion, since most peoples arguments against him are "no moveset potential, all he can do is sing!".
Mic_Throw_Animated.gif

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I've always figured that due to unused files in game with Boyfriend throwing up his mic, but nice to know from someone who works on the game. And yeah. it could help him with his Smash inclusion, since most peoples arguments against him are "no moveset potential, all he can do is sing!".View attachment 308570
I think Boyfriend could have potential movesets even without combat stuff. Like he could use the arrows for attacks.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sorry for the double post, but BIG UPDATE! First of all, Week 7 FINALLY dropped and completely destroyed Newgrounds as a result. Secondly, and this is the big one, the devs have launched a Kickstarter to help make Friday Night Funkin into a full game! AND THEY'VE ALREADY REACHED THEIR GOAL!!!!!!!!

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
You know what? Count me in as a supporter lol
FNF oozes charm and soul, it's like a greatest hits album of everyone's favorite Newgrounds characters.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
It’d be interesting to see a Newgrounds rep get into Smash. Count me in! Boyfriend would need his own stage, with music from Friday Night Funkin'. Both originals and new remixes. I think some nice picks would be Dad Battle, High, Cocoa, Senpai, and Roses.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
If we ever got a newgrounds rep I'd prefer it'd be this guy
1621974649551.png

But Boyfriend would be my second choice, I love him, the game, the music, and think there's a lot of interesting ideas to be had with a rhythm character. Also, there's literally no way Pico would even get approved to join Smash Bros. Add me to the supporter list, please.

Well, if Boyfriend would join Smash, I think there are no Downsides, since it is:
  • Another M+ Rated rep.
  • Flash Game Rep that doesn't represents newgrounds so much since it represents characters from FNF and other NG franchises that were obscure, but now popular.
  • Tom Fulp and FNF developers would be happy if he was in Smash
  • He has moveset potential, since we can use FNF mod characters as moves like Ruv as Down Smash.

Top Bottom