• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fundamental PM Falco guide (?)

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed a kind of lack of activity in this side of the threads, so I was wondering after I finish my Sheik guide, would anyone also like for me to create a PM Falco guide as well? I think it could open up a lot of avenues for future combo possibilities, or help people understand falco better in PM. Even though he is nerfed, he is still really strong, and shouldn't have a little activity around him as he does. What would you guys want to see in it? Basic outline? Match ups? Or maybe a unique section of information all together?

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
My only issue is that I would have to find out the best way to figure out how to start. The kit is the same, but the uses of his moves have been changed a lot. Mostly for the worse.

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
My only issue is that I would have to find out the best way to figure out how to start. The kit is the same, but the uses of his moves have been changed a lot. Mostly for the worse.
Such as? I know his Dair isn't as strong as Melee's, and his jab is different, but what else has changed? I thought all his aerials, lasergame, tilts, etc. were practically the same. Other than Shine losing it's invincibility.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Such as? I know his Dair isn't as strong as Melee's, and his jab is different, but what else has changed? I thought all his aerials, lasergame, tilts, etc. were practically the same. Other than Shine losing it's invincibility.
Sorry, "uses" wasn't the word I was looking for. I meant to say properties. Admittedly with the overall changes to the cast, and his moveset, how his moves hit and kill have been generally weakened. So its a bit more like his plan is to rack up damage by committing to more combos, or trying to trying to edge guard with early-ish dair kills. His obvious melee gameplan remains mostly in tact, but since it isn't melee, he needs to be utilized in new ways right?

Landitty

Smash Cadet
Sorry, "uses" wasn't the word I was looking for. I meant to say properties. Admittedly with the overall changes to the cast, and his moveset, how his moves hit and kill have been generally weakened. So its a bit more like his plan is to rack up damage by committing to more combos, or trying to trying to edge guard with early-ish dair kills. His obvious melee gameplan remains mostly in tact, but since it isn't melee, he needs to be utilized in new ways right?
I'd definetly check out a PM Falco guide! It'd be great to hear theory on how to best apply his move set in the PM environment. And yes, that's what would be helpful- a disscussion of the use of his moves, how they work at different percents, etc. Of course, we all have to figure out a lot of that for ourselves but clumping info together can really everyone as group figure out Falco stuff.

Last edited:

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Basically it would be pretty much filled with a lot of fundamental stuff that coincides with Melee's falco. I'll just make the guide a little bit like I did for the one with Sheik. It'll be filled with information for his basic moves and when they are ideally used. Including specials.

Last edited:

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
I would need to finish the guide I have started already. When I do get to making it, I'd want to know if there was any interest in it. For now, im gonna finish up the guide, then start this one probably within the next few weeks.

Top Bottom