• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fun Time - Rank your favorite Legend of Zelda games

volbound1700

Smash Master
This is getting more challenging :). So here we go. Just because the title is low ranked, doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it.

1. Twilight Princess - This is still my favorite overall Zelda game. It definitely feels like Ocarina of Time with an upgrade engine, better controls, and better graphics. If I had one Zelda game to play, I would pick this one.

2. Legend of Zelda (Original) - Interesting note, I had only played Zelda 1 + 2 until I was in college. The first 3D Zelda that I tried was Windwaker. I love the originals. It hasn't dated very much now and is still enjoyable

3. Windwaker - Sailing the ocean and exploring the islands is great. This one, IMO, has the best story of any Zelda game (OOT maybe 2nd).

4. Legend of Zelda II: Adventures of Link - I think that I mostly like this one due to nostalgia. It has issues and is the dark sheep of the collection but I find it addicting, fun, and engaging. The world seems massive in it, especially having to sail to a whole new continent. I also like the leveling-up idea.

5. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: The top 4 are pretty clear for me but it gets harder for me. I almost feel that Majora and OOT are 1 game in the scheme of things. OOT is a great game but it is dated. The controls can be frustrating for someone who is use to the newer titles.

6. Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask: I would have Majora higher if not for one frustrating level, the Water Temple. The Temple would normally be great but can be annoying with the water mechanic. You really haven't beat this game until you collect all of the masks (although it makes the final boss very easy).

7. Legend of Zelda Breathe of the Wild - I keep debating whether I should have this game higher or lower. I like many of the updates and the world is massive but the world also feels, empty at time. It is difficult at the start but gets a lot easier as you develop and find better equipment. It is a great Zelda title and I appreciate the changes but I found myself stop not enjoying it as I did the other titles.

8. Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - I have a hard time with this one. I debated putting it higher. It has some great moments, especially in the later part of the game. The mechanics are great. Yet, I just do not consider it standing out like the others

9. Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening - I got the new Switch version and loved it! It was very addicting. If it hadn't been so short, I would have it higher on the list.

9. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - I find this game frustrating at times. You have no idea where to go or what to do without an FAQ. It is also very easy to die in Darkworld. Still it can be addicting at times and I definitely see the appeal

10. Legend of Zelda: 4 Swords Adventure - I enjoyed this title. It plays just like Alttp. I guess that I could have it higher. Like Skyward Sword, it just doesn't standout like the titles above it.

11. Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass - I did not complete this title. The temple gets tedious at times and just general the 3DS controls are annoying. I think that I would have enjoyed this more if it had been made on the switch and didn't utilize the odd 2-screen format.

Not Played:

1. Spirit Tracks
2. A Link between Worlds
3. Minish Cap
4. Any of the Oracles Titles
5. The Original Four Swords Title

Honorable Mention (Spinoff):

1. Hyrule Warriors - I love this title. I play it all of the time. I am surprised Vaati was never added to this title.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
1 Twilight Princess

2 MC

3 Zelda 2

4 MM

5 WW

6 OOT

7 SS

8 ALBW

9 FSA

FS

Didn't play enough of Zelda 1, the gameboy games, ALTTP, BOTW or TH to rank them.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
1 Twilight Princess

2 MC

3 Zelda 2

4 MM

5 WW

6 OOT

7 SS

8 ALBW

9 FSA

FS

Didn't play enough of Zelda 1, the gameboy games, ALTTP, BOTW or TH to rank them.
Interesting list. Kind of like mine, it isn't a normal list that you would see. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom