• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fun Time - Rank the Kirby Games based on your personal preference

volbound1700

Smash Master
If I had to rank the Kirby games, here are my selections (Disclaimer, I haven't played the new one for Switch so it is unranked as well as the Wii U title which I haven't played as well):

1. Kirby's Adventures - I don't know why but the original NES title still stands out to me as the best of the series. Even with the innovations the others brought after it, if you told me that I could only own 1 Kirby game, I would pick this one. The music, stage design, characters, etc. is just great. It is hard to find any faults with this game.

2. Kirby's Super Star - This is a close #2, I love this game as well. The mini-series are great. The only one that I don't care that much for is the Great Cave Offensive (I know sacrilege). However, even it isn't bad.

3. Kirby's Epic Yard - I love this just like I loved the yarn Yoshi game. Prince Fluff is an amazing character and I would love to see him in Smash. He would have a very unique moveset. The game is enjoyable, even if it is easy. The levels and design is very unique. The music and atmosphere is great.

4. Kirby's Return to Dreamland - This game is great but the levels come off as generic unmemorable compared to the games above. I love the 4-player option with Metaknight, Dedede, and Waddle Dee. Still, it was fun fighting against those characters as well.

5. Kirby's Dreamland - The original game is great and would likely be higher if not for the fact that most of it already exists in Kirby's SuperStar. Still, it is a great game for the Gameboy and the time that it came out. No copying abilities will likely frustrate gamers not familiar with its history.

6. Kirby's Dreamland 3 - The art style is unique (I don't hate it but I don't love it either). The game play seems very easy with the addition of the buddies. Granted all Kirby games are easy in a manner of speaking (except maybe 64).

7. Kirby's Dreamland 2 - Interestingly, I thought I would have this higher since it is very similar to Kirby's Adventure except black and white. However, it just didn't stand out to me. It is a great game and I would recommend it but I didn't love it either.

8. Kirby 64 - This is where you are likely to disagree with me. I don't like 64. It has some unique ideas and style but the levels and music just seem annoying to me. The one positive is that it is more difficult than the others on this list. That is a plus. The ability to combine two different powers to create unique combos is interesting and innovative. The game is very innovative overall but I just didn't find it fun. I think part of the reason is that I just didn't like the aesthetic or music. I got the Kirby Dreamland Connection for Wii which includes the music CD. My least favorite tracks are the Kirby 64 tracks. I definitely think it is a respectful title and it has great innovation but I would likely pick the other titles over this one.

What are your rankings?

Ardisan

Smash Rookie
Id normally just say I love them all but I guess Id have to make a list:

1. Kirby 64
2. Super Star Ultra
3. Kirby Robobot
4. Kirby Return to Dreamland/ Kirby Star Allies
5. Kirby Triple Deluxe
6. Squeak Squad
7. Kirby Nightmare on Dreamland
8. Amazing Mirrors
9. Kirby Dreamland/Adventure
10. Kirby Dreamland 3

Honorable Mention:
Kirby Air Ride (Isnt a mainline)
Kirby Canvas Curse/ Rainbow Curse

This was really hard.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ardisan, thanks for update. Your list has some that I don't have on here. Note that Adventure/Dreamland are 2 separate titles.

Top Bottom