• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FullMetal+Waba present: TIPPED OFF 4!!! (January 17th+18th) Melee only

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Given that Tipped Off 3 was a great success, I'm gonna go ahead and schedule TO4!
We're making it a 2 day tournament, to handle a big turnout for melee.

Housing WILL BE available at the venue, 5$ per night(Saturday+Sunday = 10$ if you need housing both nights). You'll need to bring a sleeping bag, cause its not like there's beds. lol

Myself, Mike G, and Desu will be "monitors" overnight at the venue on differing nights- poor behavior/destruction of the venue's property can end with ejection from the tournament, no refund. SO basically... act right, SONNNNN!

Please also note that the door fee is 10$, because its 2 days.
Please also be aware that the door fee ONLY covers your expense for playing smash (64, melee, brawl) and that you'll have to pay the regular rate if you want to play other games.

Attention: there will be food catered to the venue!
TomTom's Pizza will be there selling slices of pizza for 1.99$/slice, plus you can order anything off their menu and it'll be delivered to the venue!

Therefore there is really NO REASON to be out eating food and miss a brackets match!
While I'm not going with the Mage's rule on d/q-ing when your match is called, if you hold up the bracket by being off somewhere else, I or one of the judges are likely to auto-forfeit your match. So please stick around if you're in brackets!!!

PLEASE POST IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING!!!

Vid showing parts of the venue

Contact Info:
Waba Game Website -

http://www.wabagame.com/

Telephone number -

678-417-WABA (9222)

Address -

3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 128
Duluth, GA 30096

Email -

wabagames@yahoo.com

Registration starts at noon, tournament begins at 1pm.

10$ door fee

Singles Entry: 15$
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

Doubles entry: 20$ (10/person)
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

Your controller will be used as a means to signify that you have paid door fee. Min will be dispensing nametags with your smash tag on them for you to put on your controller after you've paid the door fee.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Tentative Schedule: (more to be added as I figure it out)

January 17th(Saturday)

12pm- registration begins (singles+doubles)

1pm- Doubles begins(Pools if neccessary)

4pm- Doubles brackets if not already started

January 18th(Sunday)

12pm- 30 minute window to register for singles

1pm- Singles begins(pools)

4pm- Singles bracket begins

OMG we need setups!
Half-off door fee for anyone who brings a full setup (Tv+cube+a/v cable+power cord)
Please post if you KNOW you can and ARE WILLING to bring a setup- I'll be putting people's names into a list here:

Full setup:
FullMetal (1)
Samus Hats (1)
Desu (1)
TBag (1)
Dr. Peepee (1)
Smooth Criminal (1)
DP's Mario (1)
PB+J (1)
Alpha (1)
Dogy Samich (1)
Sleepy K (1)
DashDance Dan (1)
action B@stard (1)

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Attendance/Interested in attending list:

action B@stard
Antic
C
Caveman
Chaddd
Chamberlin
ColBol
DJ Nintendo
Darkrain
Dark Hart
Dark Sonic
Darkness of Heart
Desu
DogySamich
DP's Mario
Dr. Peepee
Eggz
Everlasting Yayuhzz
Exarch
Flamin Roy
Forkgirl
Frames
FullMetal
GA Peach
GAwes
Hungrybox
I'veJihadIt
Ihavespaceballs
Jx31
Kage
L0ZR
Lamugi
Lambchops
Linguini
Lobelia
MarsFool!
Marin
NES n00b
Nicaboy
Nice1
Nite
OTRU
OcTIx
Parker
PB&J
Pollmex
Prac
QueenDVS
Raistlin
Ragnarock
RaynEX
Reflex
Rice
Rockcrock
S0ft
Samus Hats
Seibrik
Sleepy K
Smooth Criminal
Teh Umby
TheAlphaGundam
TheONEjanitor
Tom/Yang
Tong
Tropical Taco
Vts
XIF
Xelic
Zone
Zoro

PM me if you want your name added? I kinda lost track of who I've listed and who I haven't.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
YESH!!!! o.o

This post was purely for first post, because I have to maintain my reputation seeing as how I slacked recently, and some of you caught on to that XD.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Why the hell is this on the second page?! This tournament is getting huge, COME ON!

Eggz

Smash Hero
We should divert attention to tihs thread, get it stickied (with my semen), and get some party!

also me and fletcher might revisit the past in the form of trickzilla...!!!

shai, MM my bowser 10$?

PB&J

Smash Hero
this tounry is going to be big...shiz and spdn are coming to so is lamchops and the rest of floridia and some of the tri- state peeps

PB&J

Smash Hero
lol...i already talked them on the phone... don't ever question something u have no power of happening..go practice or something

PB&J

Smash Hero
so y are u posting in a melee forum if u don't even play anymore..go buy a copy or something and stop posting useless things

PB&J

Smash Hero
most of the hype was in the atl south..we just got smart and moved it over hear......mike put a link to this thread in the other one..and this needs to be stickied a.s.a.p.

Handorin

Smash Hero
most of the hype was in the atl south..we just got smart and moved it over hear......mike put a link to this thread in the other one..and this needs to be stickied a.s.a.p.
true facts.

I half forgot this one existed because no one posted in it.

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, im gonna try and make it to this. Thats right. Louisiana is coming. In the form of a player noone has heard of before...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So glad I'm going to be able to make this now. I'll get to meet Dashizwiz. That'll be pretty cool.

This tourney is gonna be fun.

Top Bottom