• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FullMetal proudly presents: Tipped Off 8!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Tipped Off 8: The REAL Tipped Off 7!!!

I've been very lazy posting this up, so uh... bear with me

Venue:
6009 Suwanee Dam Road
Sugar Hill, GA 30518

Of note: since this is a public property, the collection and dispersement of money is not allowed on-site. So what we'll have to do is sell "tickets" off of Sugar Hill property. To accomodate this, my grandmother has graciously allowed that I can set up registration at her house (address to follow) so here's the deal:
To pay door fee/register for singles or doubles, you must go to my grandmother's house first. My girlfriend will be there taking names and money, and handing out nametags and tickets. If you show up at the venue without a nametag and ticket, I'm going to send you away to go register. Please keep this in mind when planning your arrival time.

Registration occurs at:
345 Winding Rose Lane, Suwanee GA 30024

Also guys, this is public property as I've said before... what that means is if you choose to partake of anything ILLEGAL you need to leave the venue to do so. Consuming alcohol in the venue is prohibited as well.

10$ door fee
I shouldn't have to say this, but I feel it needs addressing so here it is:
I'm paying for this venue out of pocket. So if you try to dodge door fee you are TRYING TO STEAL FROM ME. This will not be tolerated.

Singles Entry: 10$
1st- 60% *
2nd- 30% *
3rd- 10% *

Doubles entry: 20$ (10/person)
1st- 60% *
2nd- 30% *
3rd- 10% *

* = if attendance is large enough(80+ entrants) this will be changed to a split paying out to 5th place, following Hungrybox's suggested format:
40/25/15/10/5/5

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first if neccessary, followed by brackets. Both singles and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Singles counterpick selectable stages: Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise

Doubles counterpick selectable stages: Rainbow Cruise, DK64

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams

Selectable counterpick stage for singles AND doubles: Mushroom Kingdom 2 Yes I am serious, its a Tipped Off favorite AND tradition. =)

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Tentative Schedule: (more to be added as I figure it out)

July 21st (Saturday)

12pm- registration begins (doubles+singles)

2:00pm- Doubles begins(Pools if neccessary)

4pm- Doubles brackets if not already started

When doubles finishes, we'll start on singles pools

July 22nd (Sunday)

1pm- Singles Pools continue (if not finished)

Bracket begins when pools are completed

I hope many of you will return to TO8 and continue to help me make this the south's largest MELEE ONLY tournament. =)
I will try to house as many people as I can, please ask in the thread if you are in need of housing- I will also pressure the rest of GA to help out with it.

Get hype?

More info to come later.

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely going to try to come out to this. Can we bring setups to reduce venue fee? From how hype TO7 was, the REAL one should be even better.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I would be travelinga long way to come to this, I am worried about "Pools being necessary as it could potentially mean a very stacked bracket due to being oos.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Preferring pools, If I get a hard bracket because I suck in pools that's fair.

If I get a hard Bracket because I am unknown in this region then that isn't.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Tipped Off 8, nice! Good luck on the event FullMetal.
Ty Juggleguy! =)

Preferring pools, If I get a hard bracket because I suck in pools that's fair.

If I get a hard Bracket because I am unknown in this region then that isn't.
Well, to put your mind at ease:
Tipped Off has been big enough since TO3 that I've done pools every time.
Rest assured, we will do pools.

BBQ°

Smash Champion

GofG

Smash Champion
yay west coast players disagree with wobbling ban

this makes me feel good

unban wobbling!

zZz

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys need someone to stream this event? Because I would be honored!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
This should be pretty good.

Unban wobbling if more people will come. I dont think anyone actually really cares about it though, do they?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
better to have one centralized stream. having multiple recording setups is best.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Having singles on Sunday is clutch...there's a big concert in Atlanta on Saturday so I'll still be able to make it here for the singles tourney

Top Bottom