• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Full List of Exhale-able Projectiles

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I've looked around a little bit for a complete list of the attacks Kirby can exhale as a star instead of just eating, but haven't found one. Forgive me if it's already somewhere in the Kirby discussion thread.

Knowing this stuff is of course useful when playing Kirby because if you inhale an attack thinking you're performing a counter and it turns out you're just eating it, you're left helpless for a second while healing a measly 1% damage and probably getting punished. So, I've spent a few hours in Training, trying to figure it out, and thus far, I've got the following list. As far as I'm aware, these are all the attacks from other characters that Kirby's Inhale can counter:

Samus and Dark Samus - Charge Beam (mid-max charge) and Morph Ball Bomb

Mewtwo - Shadow Ball (max charge)

Lucario - Aura Sphere (mid-max charge with Aura only)

Snake - Remote Missile

Mega Man - Charge Shot (max charge)

Wii Fit Trainer - Sun Salutation (max charge)

Greninja - Water Shuriken (released just before max charge; doesn't work at max)

Cloud - Blade Beam (Limit Break only)

Corrin - Dragon Fang Shot (max charge)

Villager/Isabelle - Slingshot (close range only; will heal at long range)

Mii Swordfighter - Gale Strike

Mii Gunner - Charge Blast (full charge), Grenade Launch (only while exploding), Flame Pillar (max range only; will heal if any closer, and can't be inhaled once it's set fire to the ground), Bomb Drop (only while exploding)

It's great that they've included this feature, but I definitely wish the list were longer. Most of these were expected, but I was surprised by Snake and Mii Gunner's explosives, and Villabelle and Greninja are really weird. I discovered both of those by accident.

Kirby can also inhale and spit out Sandbag as well as a number of KOable Assist Trophies (good for keeping them at bay in Spirits Mode). I've experimented a little with projectiles from Assist Trophies and Pokémon, but haven't found anything interesting. Most of the time you just get healed and punished. Same goes for regular items. I was hoping Super/Nintendo Scope would work, but nope.

Last edited:

Jgod

Smash Cadet
Fairly sure you can absorb Robin's arcfire. Richter/Simon holy water probably as well, but Im far more confident in Robins arcfire.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Cool work. On Discord there's actually a nice Google Doc detailing which projectiles can be Inhaled and which ones among them can be spat back out her:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19iVwZbMphd6c9gLyEVmR8VoEORa0vajklAFZokG8OKI/edit
That'll be useful, thanks!

Edit: having read that, looks like I missed some of the trickier ones. Din's Fire, PK Flash and PK Freeze have to be inhaled at just the right timing and distance. I didn't think to check Olimar's Smash attacks; that's pretty cool, but it'll be difficult to remember which attacks work.

But also, that chart's missing the fact that Mii Gunner's explosions can be exhaled, so hey, at least I contributed something.

Fairly sure you can absorb Robin's arcfire. Richter/Simon holy water probably as well, but Im far more confident in Robins arcfire.
Hey, you're right about Arcfire. It works just like Flame Pillar so that makes sense. I've just tried Holy Water over and over and I don't think that works.

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
So, can kirby inhale and swallow all projectiles now? could I heal off a link's arrow and boomerang? This list is useful, but what other projectiles can be inhaled, spittable or otherwise? And which ones will explode and cause kirby damage? Anyone know if a list has been prepared for all of that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom