• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Fujin needs an Apex Doubles Partner"

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Alright guys Fujin wanted me to do this for him since he is banned from here, just helping a ***** out.
He registered for Apex but needs a partner.
Here's what he said:

So I'm registering for APEX and I decided to do doubles
EVEN THOUGH the venue fee is 40 dollars!

40 DOLLARS!!!

guuuuuuuuurl...

anyways
About Zelda in doubles
• She's a very nice defense/support character.
• Her doubles play style mostly consist of running away and spamming Din's Fire,
then spamming smash attacks when someone approaches her.
• If were playing a GnW or Lucas her typical playstyle is invalid.
• Don't expect Zelda to live very long, if I die at like 90-110 don't be surprised.
• Her recovery is balls so there might be some moments when you will need to cover her landing.
• She kinda gets ***** by GnW, Olimar, Snake and MK, even in doubles so if were playing against them it's probably better for you to try and fight them. (I can handle MKs and Snakes most of the time though)

I find that she works very well with Snake and Lucas(probly Ness too), but I have never been a huge doubles fan so I haven't tried too many combinations.

Here's the link to his blog on AIB: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=129996

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm surprised you're (@Fuu) not living long with her in dubs. Even though she's light, the run away > Din's > smash spam > rinse&repeat tactic usually makes me the stock holder since my partner naturally has to be more of the aggressor/in the fray.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Fuujin's unbanned, lol.

AL must be so happy :)

My doubles games turn out to be similar to KayLo!'s.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Ditto. I think he just needs to the find the right partner and he'll be living longer.

Find someone that covers Zelda every time she needs to recover and keep people away from you and you'll have an extra stock for them when they need it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sad thing is at times, my opponents purposely try to kill Zelda first because she's sooo damn annoying. :(

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Fuujin's unbanned, lol.

AL must be so happy :)

My doubles games turn out to be similar to KayLo!'s.
As long as he's posting .gifs every 5 seconds I really don't care. Besides I could be wrong but I don't think I'm the reason he got banned I'm pretty sure the screenshot of his infraction is how he got banned. Thats not how you take up your problems with infractions.

I'm surprised you're (@Fuu) not living long with her in dubs. Even though she's light, the run away > Din's > smash spam > rinse&repeat tactic usually makes me the stock holder since my partner naturally has to be more of the aggressor/in the fray.
He likes to team with snake so maybe random utilts are killing him early or just getting gimped.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
There was an Apex thread for people who needed doubles partners. I can't find it right now though... Maybe it sunk into the abyss? Anyway if you find it just send everyone on the list (That you would consider teaming with) a PM and if they question how good you are just send them to one of us and we'll tell them whatever you want us to say lol.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Whenever I play as Zelda in dubs, I always outlive my teammate. I never die until 140%. :V

DI better guuuuuurrrrl. <3

Also it seems like we unanimously play Zelda the same in dubs.

Dins > Dins > forward smash > Dins > forward smash > run away etc

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
More or less the same way. I kinda enjoy getting in the fray but then my partner says no. Then I walk away to resume chucking fireballs lol.

Also...only 140%? Unless something dumb happens...which for me often does......its 170% or bust.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Stop upstaging me. :p

But that's pretty hilarious. lol

Half the reason I picked up Wolf is because he lives FOEREVAR so yeah ~

<4-1

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Living forever is always so funny when you're a character that weighs nothing.

Wolf lives for quite some time that's for sure.

Hey Fuujin, how goes the partner hunt?

Top Bottom