• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From Toon Link to Marth

NNID
Marsalis
Switch FC
SW-5740-6547-7308
I'm an aspiring Marth main and have been using him for about 6 months now. I'm relatively new to smash environment and have spent most time playing For Glory and against my Mario friend. I have used Toon Link for a few years now and have had many options regarding range. What tips do you guys have for handling ranged characters like TL, Duck Hunt, or Samus?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Well for Ultimate due to mechanics changes etc. some things might be different. So we will have to wait and see. However, there's a general concept that applies to matchups against zoners/projectile heavy characters as you mention. Power Shielding (which will be different in Ultimate) is an important tool against those characters. You also want to maintain pressure on those characters by limiting their space. This means keeping up the aggression if you won neutral etc. Otherwise, those characters can establish a certain distance perfect for their zoning and pressure you extensively themselves.

Top Bottom