• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From playing so far:

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Some general thoughts on our bear and bird so far after some hours playing him and a few less against:

>single shot Breegull Blaster lob is surprisingly effective for offstage snipes to edgeguard, combined with egg bomb he can be a nuisance to recover against
>Breegull Blaster sustained feels very useless on any stage with platforms or against much of the cast with other projectiles/reflectors/divebomb down airs, but can be really annoying against certain characters
>saving Wonderwing to be exclusively a kill move is optimal use for it, keeps it out of your opponent's general awareness, unless you happen to be at high percentage then you might as well spend all your feathers, dying with lots of feathers is like losing with lots of meter in a traditional fighter, spend the meter before you die but don't waste it if it won't kill
>egg bomb to control a bit of space is nice but you can pretty consistently pick it up with a flick back towards it and A, also you can roll back to it, it can be useful hurling it offstage at people
>his worst matchups will likely be rushdown characters because his moves tend to come out slowly and he moves slow in the air
>zoners as well may be difficult to navigate with his airspeed but he can at least get his invincible kill move through projectile walls if close enough
>for whatever reason, I've SDed more as Banjo at the ledge than I think any other character and I don't know why, he just sometimes feels clumsy
>dash attack sometimes leads to things
>dthrow uptilt sometimes hits the quick mash
>I think there's shenanigans to be explored with drag down neutral air, it doesn't seem to combo into upsmash but there could be possibilities
>if you're playing online, Wonderwing is and incredibly gratifying instant-win button against people who play two minutes matches for Sudden Death, only to get Wonderwinged, so satisfying

Overall his toolset feels weird but once I got in the driver's seat more and in command and learned the moves it started feeling better. Very fun to play and glad I'm obligated by fandom to play him. I think he's gonna get run over by top characters like Joker but that's alright.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Banjo seems awfully small to me. Don’t know why but DK towers over him and that’s odd to me. I know he wasn’t going to be a huge character but I thought he’d be a tad bigger

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Banjo seems awfully small to me. Don’t know why but DK towers over him and that’s odd to me. I know he wasn’t going to be a huge character but I thought he’d be a tad bigger
I like that they are not as big as DK. Smaller hurtboxes are a plus.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Banjo is a little bearlet in his games too compared to everything else.

Top Bottom