• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From Melee too..Ice climbers?o___O

Wschl

Smash Apprentice
yo.
IM playin Smash for a while now and i got WAY more fun with melee. However, i want to earn some money with brawl, thus im not playin it for fun, but just for winning.
So i decided to main Ice Climbers, and here are so many Threads that i dont know where to start. I want to start brandly new (but ofc i know things like spacing and mindgames very well thanks to melee) so im asking for advice. What should i practice first with Ice climbers, which videos are "MUST SEEN" and where can i get a good overview on practicing, match ups, chain grabs etc. I alrdy searched through a few Threads but it became difficult to navigate. Also, since the search is disabled.. =/

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
well, you probably shouldn't learn IC's if you aren't willing to take a good year to learn them correctly.

Smoom77

Smash Master
My comment was completely serious. Do you see any ICs but Lain winning money? How many MKs do you see winning?

So if you're not willing to work HARD for ATLEAST a year or more, GO AWAY.

:)

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
My comment was completely serious. Do you see any ICs but Lain winning money? How many MKs do you see winning?

So if you're not willing to work HARD for ATLEAST a year or more, GO AWAY.

:)
Meep makes money. Your idea is invalid now.

But seriously, main MK if you want to be as gay as possible, as fast as possible, Even Icies aren't as homo as MK. Im still in my year of training, but my anniversary will come up in about 3 months. :D

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
yo.
IM playin Smash for a while now and i got WAY more fun with melee. However, i want to earn some money with brawl, thus im not playin it for fun, but just for winning.

lol did anyone else serious laugh really hard when they read this??? dude your doing it wrong.... go main MK IC'ers are not a pick up and win character there a pick up and get almost last at your first tourneys after half a year you start making top ten... then after a year you win one tourney out of 5 and then after 3-4 years the metagame might be better and we be winning tourneys... lol i dont wanna play for fun but just for winning... so picking IC'ers u made my day... cause i laughed for a good solid 20 mins

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol did anyone else serious laugh really hard when they read this??? dude your doing it wrong.... go main MK IC'ers are not a pick up and win character there a pick up and get almost last at your first tourneys after half a year you start making top ten... then after a year you win one tourney out of 5 and then after 3-4 years the metagame might be better and we be winning tourneys... lol i dont wanna play for fun but just for winning... so picking IC'ers u made my day... cause i laughed for a good solid 20 mins
.. I got 1st at my first tournament playing IC's at and won over $900 because it was huge.

>_>.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
give people 1.9 months. if they stay past the first month they will most likely keep at it. if they can then keep it up for the majority of the second month its a good bet they'll keep at it.

that being said, if you want money, go MK.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
and you proved me wrong. the majority of the people coming don't even last the first month (hell, most don't last the first week).

sauc3

Smash Lord
lol, a year? took me about 3 hours to learn how to CG and win matches with it,

and as for money, if you are just going up against local talent then you should be fine. ICs can **** local tourneys if no-one knows how to play them. It just depends on how quickly you pick up the timing on the CGs and how patient you are, because it will get frustrating if you don't have patience. Just sit down with them for a couple hours and play around with grabs and timing on mk, luigi, and snake (the 3 general weight classes), good luck, shouldn't take long.

Top Bottom