• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frisk is Determined to Fight! Frisk Supporter Thread

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Might as well share all the hints towards the possibility of Frisk in Smash I've found here too
  • Would continue the trend of franchises that previously missed out on playable status making it into FP2
  • Would be the first true indie rep (is Steve considered an indie rep? Like I know Minecraft started as an indie game but it's one of the highest selling games of all time now, just don't tend to think Minecraft when I think indie anymore)
  • Toby Fox claimed he visited Sakurai’s house, but they only negotiated a Mii costume and song with no spirits unlike Cuphead and Shantae? The lack of spirits is especially odd, considering Sakurai has talked positively about Undertale before
  • Toby Fox in particular is tight with Nintendo and a big Smash fan, even referencing it in Deltarune
  • Toby Fox has worked with Game Freak on Little Town Hero and SwSh, doing music for their games
  • Could greatly help promote Deltarune, which was teased to be coming to Switch in a Nintendo Direct about a week or so before the PS4 version was revealed
  • Undertale turns 6 years old this September
  • Appeals to the west and Japan
  • Undertale begins with Frisk falling down a pit, trailer could perhaps be a continuation of Kazuya’s for this reason
  • Would offer a unique playstyle most likely revolving around alternating between pacifism and genocide
  • The second fighter pass was confirmed earlier in the day of when Sans’ Mii costume was revealed
  • The Mii costumes released alongside Frisk could be from other indie franchises such as Shovel Knight and DDLC, as well as other Undertale mii costumes and spirits
it's still a long shot considering it already got representation through Sans and Megalovania but idk the fact that it didn't get spirits like the other enhanced mii costumes seems odd and with Kazuya proving you can get in even if your franchise was previously represented via mii costume.....I'm not saying I'm getting my hopes up but I keep getting this feeling that things are adding up a bit too nicely

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Probably one of the only characters that could get in that would genuinely get me pumped. Idk, just kind of lost interest in Smash at this point

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I'm about halfway through Deltarune Chapter 2 (no spoilers please) and I can already tell it's going mess me up like Undertale did

I had completely forgot about how much these games have meant to me, but it all came flooding back this week.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Despite the hype and potential, Frisk did not get determined. Sora was here instead.

On one hand there's another chance, but at the same time that means Sans is on the table again and Kris could be a contender too. We'll see...

Top Bottom