• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frisk is Determined to Fight! Frisk Supporter Thread

Oracle Link

Smash Master
It can also be interpreted that Chara isn’t truly evil, only turning mad/corrupted with power if the player does Genocide - and even then, they seem mad at you when you do Genocide a second time, thinking you’re perverted and suggesting you take a different route as they think you’re doing it for fun (so still mad/evil now but implying the player made them that way - the bad actions they did with Asriel were unintentional, aside from wanting to go all out on the humans in the village though after they attacked Asriel).

The NarraChara theory also implies this but of course, as it’s just a theory, it may not be true, it just makes sense imo as I don’t see why they’d only be narrating in Genocide (especially since a bit of Neutral/Pacifist dialogue implies the narrator is another character talking to you or Frisk) + Frisk appears to receive a few of their memories in Neutral/Pacifist.

I guess basically they just sort of parallel the player. Temmie Chang also said Chara is chill, though I don’t think Toby Fox has said anything about them; he seems to avoid anything about Chara/the first human, aside from some more-recent merchandise (a vinyl cover) featuring an image of the first human falling down. I believe I read that Toby once said no characters in Undertale are truly evil, however I don’t remember where I read this and there wasn’t any proof iirc though it makes sense.
1.I mean Chara atleast was a bit mean but being evil and chill arent exclusiv Chara always is calm ingame even in Genocide route!(outside Choclate)

• <Name> wasn't really the greatest person.
2.could you please answer to this was my main point
"Do you know Chara actually doesnt have a Knife.
In Pazifist its called Worn Dagger considiring that the "Knife" is a Gift from Toriel"

3. I definitly think Chara is (a bit) childish/like ya know Choclate

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
1.I mean Chara atleast was a bit mean but being evil and chill arent exclusiv Chara always is calm ingame even in Genocide route!(outside Choclate)

• <Name> wasn't really the greatest person.
2.could you please answer to this was my main point
"Do you know Chara actually doesnt have a Knife.
In Pazifist its called Worn Dagger considiring that the "Knife" is a Gift from Toriel"

3. I definitly think Chara is (a bit) childish/like ya know Choclate
1. Yeah I know but Temmie said that in response to someone wondering if Chara was a bad person, so idk.

Ingame, Asriel’s words do imply they were likely at least a bit mean or negative, but he doesn’t appear to see them as a terrible or evil person even if he tried to project onto them as Flowey. Some of the things they did in the tapes seem like mistakes, or, in the case of “laughing it off,” trying to handle stress. They likely didn’t know they could control Asriel’s body, too, and since they were willing to give their own life, through a very painful process nonetheless, it does seem to indicate they at least cared about Asriel, Toriel, Asgore, and the other monsters.

Chara definitely wasn’t the best person, but maybe more neutral. They also seem tied to the player in some way, so maybe that has to do with some stuff regarding them.

2. yeah sorry about that; I know about the worm dagger being a gardening knife or something, and likely being a gift from Toriel or Asgore. I’m also wondering if the Heart Locket was also theirs, a remnant of their friendship with Asriel, though it could’ve been Asriel’s if not both of theirs.

3. yeah they do seem childish or childlike, but they are still a kid of course. A bit weird/funny seeing “where’s the chocolate” in Genocide.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
1. Yeah I know but Temmie said that in response to someone wondering if Chara was a bad person, so idk.

2. yeah sorry about that; I know about the worm dagger being a gardening knife or something, and likely being a gift from Toriel or Asgore. I’m also wondering if the Heart Locket was also theirs, a remnant of their friendship with Asriel, though it could’ve been Asriel’s if not both of theirs.
Right where it belongs. Quote from Chara in the Genocide Route regarding The Locket/Heart Locket

I hope this Helps

Paraster

Smash Lord
A while back I came up with a Frisk moveset largely based around the items they collect and use in battle (emphasis on the weapons, but a few armor pieces were used to fill empty slots). Today, I revisited it to touch it up and give it specials and a Final Smash. All I don't have are the throws and getup attacks.
  • Normals
    • Neutral attack
      • A three-swing combo with the Stick.
    • Forward tilt
      • Frisk swings the Empty Gun, holding it with the shaft to hit opponents with the butt.
    • Up tilt
      • Frisk pokes upwards with the Toy Knife.
    • Down tilt
      • Frisk slaps the Torn Notebook downward.
    • Dash attack
      • Frisk jumps forward and does a ballerina kick with the Ballet Shoes.
  • Smash Attacks
    • Forward smash
      • Frisk swings the Worn Dagger forward.
    • Up smash
      • Frisk does an uppercut with the Tough Glove.
    • Down smash
      • Frisk spins in a circle while holding the Burnt Pan to the ground.
  • Aerials
    • Neutral aerial
      • Frisk spins around, swinging the Heart Locket.
    • Forward aerial
      • Frisk twirls the Faded Ribbon for a multihit.
    • Back aerial
      • Frisk swings the Stained Apron backward to slap enemies with it.
    • Up aerial
      • The Cowboy Hat appears on Frisk’s head and they take it off, hitting opponents above themself.
    • Down aerial
      • Frisk sharply throws Undyne’s Letter downward.
  • Grab & Throws
    • Grab
      • Frisk simply grabs the opponent with one hand.
    • Pummel
      • Frisk punches the opponent with their other hand.
  • Special Attacks
    • Neutral special: Bone Barrier
      • Four bones jut up from the ground in a wave pattern in front of Frisk as they jump back slightly. They linger for a moment and can block attacks and reflect projectiles.
    • Side special: Spear Barrage
      • Three energy spears appear behind Frisk; they dodge them so that they fly past them. The spears fade after a short time.
    • Up special: Hot Foot
      • A white flame juts up below Frisk, propelling them into the air.
    • Down special: Pose
      • Frisk does a dramatic pose that acts as a pseudo-counter—if it connects, Frisk does not counterattack, but gain a temporary boost to their speed and attack.
  • Final Smash
    • Don’t Give Up!
      • Frisk dramatically points forward, sending the Annoying Dog to jump forward. Any opponents hit by it are drawn into a cinematic. They are placed in Undertale’s bullet box and hit with a barrage of attacks—flames descending from above, bones from the left and right, spears from all cardinal directions, and hearts from mini-Mettatons—before a rainbow laser from above shatters the bullet box and ends the cinematic.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
This is largely irrelevant, cause the childs chances aren't very high at all, but has anyone done a Frisk concept where Frisk, rather than fighting with the various items u can find, fights with the assistance of all of their friends? At least if you wanted a more passive Frisk; I feel like fighting with all the undertale characters using THEIR various attacks would be a bit more in the spirit of what Undertale's all about. I personally feel Frisk should have Pacifist and Genocide specials, with some kinda moral meter, but what dya think?

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
^I've always thought Frisk should have some sort of moral meter but I don't know how you would convey pacifism in a fighting game without just making them play extremely campy.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
^I've always thought Frisk should have some sort of moral meter but I don't know how you would convey pacifism in a fighting game without just making them play extremely campy.
I figure it's just playing more defensive/ maybe can even heal themselves. or maybe u just pick fight or mercy at the beginning of the match without a meter? idk

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
This is largely irrelevant, cause the childs chances aren't very high at all, but has anyone done a Frisk concept where Frisk, rather than fighting with the various items u can find, fights with the assistance of all of their friends? At least if you wanted a more passive Frisk; I feel like fighting with all the undertale characters using THEIR various attacks would be a bit more in the spirit of what Undertale's all about. I personally feel Frisk should have Pacifist and Genocide specials, with some kinda moral meter, but what dya think?
My concept did that for the specials, though not the regular attacks; I really liked the idea of them using the other humans' items for that.

I'm not a fan of Frisk having a Pacifist/Genocide mechanic; it seems overly complicated. And really, even a pacifist Frisk is capable of fighting; they're forced to in two different bosses and there's always an option of sparing an enemy by getting their health low.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
My concept did that for the specials, though not the regular attacks; I really liked the idea of them using the other humans' items for that.

I'm not a fan of Frisk having a Pacifist/Genocide mechanic; it seems overly complicated. And really, even a pacifist Frisk is capable of fighting; they're forced to in two different bosses and there's always an option of sparing an enemy by getting their health low.
Ah I was a bit confused cause I was thinking more like they show up, rather than Frisk borrowing the attacks.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

i have a compromise you have a Pacifist/Genocide mechanic but it works like this
Normal Attacks= Dont Matter
B=Knife (fills Bar to Murder)makes a lot of Damage Slow over 80% insta kill enemy disapear with Dust
Down B = Spare Defeats enemy disapears with Smoke
Side B= Hug (fills Bar to Pacifist) if you do it 3 times your enemy gets Spareble
Up B= Heart flight

High Pazi= increases Speed and Movement
High Geno= Higher Attack and slippery movement
the Moveset stays the same!

Paraster

Smash Lord
If anyone's interested, the Undertale AU comic Inverted Fate is going to release its Toriel fight as a fully playable game fairly soon (Christmas, seemingly). IF is a really cool AU, and I'd recommend checking it out (though I'd advise against checking out the Toriel fight before reading the rest of the comic before it, as it'll be VERY spoilery).

Oracle Link

Smash Master
If anyone's interested, the Undertale AU comic Inverted Fate is going to release its Toriel fight as a fully playable game fairly soon (Christmas, seemingly). IF is a really cool AU, and I'd recommend checking it out (though I'd advise against checking out the Toriel fight before reading the rest of the comic before it, as it'll be VERY spoilery).

Speaking of Au would you want them to be in Smash or not?

Paraster

Smash Lord
Speaking of Au would you want them to be in Smash or not?
Fanfiction characters in general? No; they'd open up some HUGE cans of worms with people fighting to get in and copyright/trademarks getting VERY messy.
But if, hypothetically, a scenario was worked out where this would work completely fine, IF Frisk and Papyrus would be a neat duo character.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Fanfiction characters in general? No; they'd open up some HUGE cans of worms with people fighting to get in and copyright/trademarks getting VERY messy.
But if, hypothetically, a scenario was worked out where this would work completely fine, IF Frisk and Papyrus would be a neat duo character.
I probably prefer them not to be in escpacialy considering something from Undertal/Deltarune would not be in
i mean most Aus focus heavily on Sans so yeah i much rather have Mad Mew Mew or Burgerpants over Underfell,Underswap or Error Sans maybe a Alt but im still very iffy

Hm if i make a Game would i feature Fan AU´s hmmmmm?

Paraster

Smash Lord
If Frisk made it in, do you think the tracklist would include songs from Deltarune? I could see them adding Rude Buster and a remix of The Legend.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
yeah i could easily see them adding one or two deltarune songs

Ornl

Smash Ace
[Interview] Shigeru Miyamoto takes the Pacifist Route

Context

• Space Invaders were the first monsters to kill, taking risks and getting a reward (scoring); defending against the aliens was the game. Then, Miyamoto created Mario and Zelda where all the monsters served as a boss, which justified killing them. On this basis, the next games – whose the RPGs – continued to make all creatures hostile and players continued to enjoy killing them.
• Undertale has become the most popular game to look at monsters differently. Toby Fox was inspired by:
– Shin Megami Tensei for the gameplay mechanic whereby players can talk to monsters to avoid conflict,
– Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, which involved the player repairing the damage of the "Hero" and increasing their "Love Level" by helping people instead of hurting them.

Miyamoto seems to have a new point of view
• In 2015, at GameCity festival, GoldenEye game director Martin Hollis revealed that towards the end of development, the team received a fax from Miyamoto, with a series of suggestions for the game.*
One point was that there was too much close-up killing – he found it a bit too horrible. The second point was, he felt the game was too tragic, with all the killing. He suggested that it might be nice if, at the end of the game, you got to shake hands with all your enemies in the hospital.
• In December 2020, "Shigeru Miyamoto Wants to Create a Kinder World" is the title of the interview by The New Yorker.*
I wish I could make it so that people were more thoughtful and kind toward each other. (...) I wish we were all a little more compassionate in these small ways. If there was a way to design the world that discouraged selfishness, that would be a change I would make.
I resist the idea that it's okay to just kill all the monsters. Even monsters have a motive, and a reason for why they are the way they are. This is something I have thought about a lot. (...) It would be great if video-game makers took more steps to shift the perspective, instead of always viewing a scene from the most obvious (player-character) angle.

Concretely, :ultduckhunt: and :ultpiranha: illustrate the change from victims to more important characters.
For the rest, I wish Fox enjoyed working at Game Freak and that the relationship was good. I hope he will one day continue to develop a new game with Frisk, and the ideal in my opinion would be to develop a new Mother with her.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
[Interview] Shigeru Miyamoto takes the Pacifist Route

Context

• Space Invaders were the first monsters to kill, taking risks and getting a reward (scoring); defending against the aliens was the game. Then, Miyamoto created Mario and Zelda where all the monsters served as a boss, which justified killing them. On this basis, the next games – whose the RPGs – continued to make all creatures hostile and players continued to enjoy killing them.
• Undertale has become the most popular game to look at monsters differently. Toby Fox was inspired by:
– Shin Megami Tensei for the gameplay mechanic whereby players can talk to monsters to avoid conflict,
– Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, which involved the player repairing the damage of the "Hero" and increasing their "Love Level" by helping people instead of hurting them.

Miyamoto seems to have a new point of view
• In 2015, at GameCity festival, GoldenEye game director Martin Hollis revealed that towards the end of development, the team received a fax from Miyamoto, with a series of suggestions for the game.*
One point was that there was too much close-up killing – he found it a bit too horrible. The second point was, he felt the game was too tragic, with all the killing. He suggested that it might be nice if, at the end of the game, you got to shake hands with all your enemies in the hospital.
• In December 2020, "Shigeru Miyamoto Wants to Create a Kinder World" is the title of the interview by The New Yorker.*
I wish I could make it so that people were more thoughtful and kind toward each other. (...) I wish we were all a little more compassionate in these small ways. If there was a way to design the world that discouraged selfishness, that would be a change I would make.
I resist the idea that it's okay to just kill all the monsters. Even monsters have a motive, and a reason for why they are the way they are. This is something I have thought about a lot. (...) It would be great if video-game makers took more steps to shift the perspective, instead of always viewing a scene from the most obvious (player-character) angle.

Concretely, :ultduckhunt: and :ultpiranha: illustrate the change from victims to more important characters.
For the rest, I wish Fox enjoyed working at Game Freak and that the relationship was good. I hope he will one day continue to develop a new game with Frisk, and the ideal in my opinion would be to develop a new Mother with her.
I just use Emotionless Robots!

Oracle Link

Smash Master

Paraster

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure the Reflection is a Chara Sprite aswell
I suppose technically, but its appearance is very different from Chara's "canon" outfit, and I appreciated getting two easy and obvious options supplied by the game.
(Even if I did have fun coming up with the "t-shirt" designs...)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I suppose technically, but its appearance is very different from Chara's "canon" outfit, and I appreciated getting two easy and obvious options supplied by the game.
(Even if I did have fun coming up with the "t-shirt" designs...)
The Darkend eyes sorta imply its "PACIFIST/NEUTRAL" Chara

Staarih

Smash Master
I figured there was a thread for this.
So hi, hello, I'm here to show support for Frisk. Or Undertale content in FP2 in general.

I've been keeping an eye out for Undertale ever since Sans' Mii costume and what strikes me odd is the lack of a Sans spirit even though Cuphead/Mugman got theirs fairly quickly. Granted, close ties with Microsoft (Banjo, Steve) may have made it easier for Cuphead/Mugman and the Vault Boy is also missing a spirit, for example... It just feels that what's merely an image would be easy to acquire as permission is needed from one person only (Toby). Makes me wonder if UT spirits are saved for a spirit board, though I guess a spirit event would also still be in the cards.

Undertale in Smash would seem like a very Sakurai thing to do. Even if it's just one game it wouldn't be any different from Mother or something, and Deltarune is coming. Undertale is still a phenomenon in Japan and elsewhere, the merch is all around. Toby is super close with Nintendo these days and having to work with him and only him would make things easier, wouldn't be surprised if Toby was willing to remix some songs himself for example.
...and even if Nintendo is choosing the characters, seeing what impact the game has had, having been featured as a major game in Directs, they would likely benefit from it too.

Anyway, Frisk/Undertale in Smash would just "click" in my opinion, so will be interesting to see if anything ever happens.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I figured there was a thread for this.
So hi, hello, I'm here to show support for Frisk. Or Undertale content in FP2 in general.

I've been keeping an eye out for Undertale ever since Sans' Mii costume and what strikes me odd is the lack of a Sans spirit even though Cuphead/Mugman got theirs fairly quickly. Granted, close ties with Microsoft (Banjo, Steve) may have made it easier for Cuphead/Mugman and the Vault Boy is also missing a spirit, for example... It just feels that what's merely an image would be easy to acquire as permission is needed from one person only (Toby). Makes me wonder if UT spirits are saved for a spirit board, though I guess a spirit event would also still be in the cards.

Undertale in Smash would seem like a very Sakurai thing to do. Even if it's just one game it wouldn't be any different from Mother or something, and Deltarune is coming. Undertale is still a phenomenon in Japan and elsewhere, the merch is all around. Toby is super close with Nintendo these days and having to work with him and only him would make things easier, wouldn't be surprised if Toby was willing to remix some songs himself for example.
...and even if Nintendo is choosing the characters, seeing what impact the game has had, having been featured as a major game in Directs, they would likely benefit from it too.

Anyway, Frisk/Undertale in Smash would just "click" in my opinion, so will be interesting to see if anything ever happens.
Yeah sans is not the right UT Representative i mean he does only (if we listen to most supporters) reppresent the Bad Ending that would be as if Queen Ripple(possesed) was the only Kirby 64 Representative

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Yeah sans is not the right UT Representative i mean he does only (if we listen to most supporters) reppresent the Bad Ending that would be as if Queen Ripple(possesed) was the only Kirby 64 Representative
To be fair, the Genocide Route is by far the most iconic and memed part of the game (for better or worse), so there's at least SOME coherent rationale.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Its also the worst part and the "dont do it you evil ass part"
I agree that it's WAY overblown; I just recognize that BECAUSE it's overblown, it at least makes SOME sense to prioritize it for Smash in terms of recognition.
If Frisk makes it in, I hope/expect them to lean in MUCH more on neutral/pacifist content.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I agree that it's WAY overblown; I just recognize that BECAUSE it's overblown, it at least makes SOME sense to prioritize it for Smash in terms of recognition.
If Frisk makes it in, I hope/expect them to lean in MUCH more on neutral/pacifist content.
I mean technicly no one dies in normal Smash they just get knocked away

Also theyre ImmortaL Trophies

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
Double post
I support it.

Here's a fun discussion: If the Smash characters have SOULs, what do you think theirs would be?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I support it.

Here's a fun discussion: If the Smash characters have SOULs, what do you think theirs would be?
Link the brave one but maybe colored in red (because zelda hearts)

Would pokemon have monster souls probably not right theyre closer to humans than to undertale monsters

Paraster

Smash Lord
I legitimately think Frisk (or Papyrus) is the best balance between likelihood and me personally enjoying them out of all candidates at this point...

Last edited:
Top Bottom