• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frisk is Determined to Fight! Frisk Supporter Thread

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I've been having a bit of fun working on a document, detailing what I think should happen in regards to a moveset. It's much more complicated than my similar ideas for Arle, but here's a bit of a teaser.
charafrisk palettes 2.png

Frisk's palettes will be explained more in-depth when I get around to the document, but I'd like to see if anybody knows what angles I was working with. Except the last one, since it's extremely obvious. Chara, on the other hand, will have palettes based on the main cast. They should be extremely obvious, and I've now realized that I've left poor Alphys out.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
I've been having a bit of fun working on a document, detailing what I think should happen in regards to a moveset. It's much more complicated than my similar ideas for Arle, but here's a bit of a teaser.
View attachment 209750
Frisk's palettes will be explained more in-depth when I get around to the document, but I'd like to see if anybody knows what angles I was working with. Except the last one, since it's extremely obvious. Chara, on the other hand, will have palettes based on the main cast. They should be extremely obvious, and I've now realized that I've left poor Alphys out.
Clever.....representing the souls in the game. Along with the black and white color like how Undertale battles are.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
So for the next bit of teasing, it's a Frisk/Chara moveset, but let's just say Sans has a role in the stage I chose, arguably the most iconic locale of all of Undertale (if not, only the first patch of flowers, Flowey's first room, or Asriel's battlefield could contest it). There's also a special thing both of them can do on that stage.

Unfortunately I don't have something visual, but I will also say that I've chosen the Delta Rune as the Undertale logo over the SOUL since it's really just a pixelated heart. Considering the sequel/official AU's name is also Deltarune, I feel like that imagery is here to stay.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Hey just wanted to say that I support Frisk for Smash! Not sure how it happened but they ended up being one of my most wanted characters...

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Now for the next teaser... it's inside a bunch of spoilers, so that it's not too long.

undertale_text_box (15).png
undertale_text_box (16).png
undertale_text_box (17).png

undertale_text_box (18).png

undertale_text_box (19).png

undertale_text_box (20).png

undertale_text_box (21).png

undertale_text_box (22).png

(Credit will be given to Frisk, Chara, and Mettaton's sprite creators in the full document, who are SkellyHat for the former two and Chip for the latter. Oops, I just did right here. Oh well, I'll say it again when I need to.

In addition, I've got to say two things about the classic routes.

Frisk's is basically Undertale but compressed, specifically not the Genocide route, but it does have a new boss. Chara, on the other hand, only fights a specific species. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what species that is.

Hey just wanted to say that I support Frisk for Smash! Not sure how it happened but they ended up being one of my most wanted characters...
The same just happened to me, actually! Frisk is rapidly climbing the ranks of my most wanted. Starting to think of them as a pocket MW at least, and while they do not hold a candle to Arle, I will say they might be challenging Geno right now.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It doesn't look like anyone's brought this up, but

A leaker who said Hero, Banjo, and BoTW2 is claiming that a non-Sans UT character will be the next DLC fighter.
I have no real "Proof" about this one... the whole thing is getting really suspicious and strange TBH, and I'm unsure what to think of it now. Paragon (the person the leak is coming from) is an admin on my discord and from all my interactions with them they seem like a trust-able generally cool person and they have been around my discord for a while, I talk to them often.

What I can say for sure is that Paragon did tell me about having an amiibo source months before saying anything about knowing any characters, so it wasnt out of the blue that they have this source. Then a few weeks ago they told me privately the list of DLC fighters coming from their "amiibo source": Luminary/Banjo/Undertale Rep/Waluigi. They wouldnt say this list publicly yet but alluded to it on my discord (only saying luminary/banjo publicly) and then AFTER the smash invitational happened and we didn't get a character reveal they went public with the full list in my discord.
View attachment 228300
Paragon made this image of the DLC line up they had heard and shared it publicly.

Shortly after Sabi got a cease and desist from Nintendo a few days before the E3 direct Paragon claimed to also get a cease and desist. I have not seen the c and d myself. Then E3 direct happened and we actually got Luminary as the default character for "Hero" and we got Banjo-Kazooie, so it lined up with Paragon dlc list.

Recently things have gotten strange and suspicious: someone using an "alt account" messaged me on discord and showed me this image of a DM supposedly between them and paragon.
View attachment 228299
The image seemingly shows paragon KNEW the full direct or at least a ton of info from it. Paragon never told me any of this info before the direct, and no one in my discord can back up that the DM actually happened or that Paragon had such info. This same "alt account" person messaged this "DM image" to a few other prominent members of my discord. afterwards the DM image began popping up on twitter and some other places and really sensationalized the "Paraleak" as it started being called, and people started asking me about its validity.

I asked Paragon about the DM after me and a few other people were shown it from that "alt account" person and this is what they said they would be saying about it publicly:
View attachment 228301
I plan on questioning them more now that people keep asking me about this one but due to them claiming they have a cease and desist I dont know how much more they will say about it.

For now all I can say for sure is that Paragon did tell me about their amiibo source months ago without ever claiming they knew any characters back then, Paragon did tell me that line up of DLC characters a few weeks ago-ish, we DID end up getting luminary as the default hero and banjo kazooie at e3 which lines up with that list, Paragon has always been totally cool in the past on my discord from all the interactions ive had with them.

what I CANT vouch for is if the cease and desist actually happened, if the DM showing Paragon having a ton of info about the E3 direct before hand actually happened, I have no idea who the "alt account" actually was who sent the DM image to me and several other people.

I find a lot of the recent things about it highly suspicious (the cease and desist/the DM image implying all that direct info was known early/and the mysterious alt account spreading the DM image around) so I'm very skeptical now of the whole thing. Again Paragon has always been really cool in my discord and I'm going to continue to ask them for more info but I am very skeptical right now. That is everything I got on this one and my stance on it is basically neutral until I get more information.
take this with a grain of salt, obviously.

(oh, by the way: yes, I support Frisk for Smash. I'm actually working on a moveset for them.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't look like anyone's brought this up, but

A leaker who said Hero, Banjo, and BoTW2 is claiming that a non-Sans UT character will be the next DLC fighter.
take this with a grain of salt, obviously.

(oh, by the way: yes, I support Frisk for Smash. I'm actually working on a moveset for them.
I only now came across this leak (should've came across it sooner). On one hand, it seems to good the be true. But on the other, this same guy predicted, not only the fighters and Breath of the Wild 2, but also that the Dragon Quest Fighter would be called "The Hero" due to the alts and how the Banjo trailer was be like down to Duck Hunt disguising as him. Either he is right, or he is the best gambler in history XD.
(oh, by the way: welcome to the team)

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Be sure to add me on to the supporters list.
Also, while the original post here is good, I’m not really sure why fan work is under the alts and music section. That doesn’t make all too much sense, honestly.
I feel like the big factor in Frisk over Sans isn't just that Sans isn't the star of the game, but he can't really represent what Undertale is about: the choice on whether to be a good person or a mass murderer. This video by BrawlFan1 is probably the best example of this, but the concept of a character who can choose to resist the violence of Smash and be rewarded, or embrace brutality and become stronger at the cost of everything else, is much more fulfilling in my eyes than Sans, who while not a bad candidate for Smash Bros. by any means doesn't really embrace what Undertale is. He's mostly just a popular guy from that game, and that's fine, but I like the idea of Frisk better.

So the question is, Chara Echo or Chara Alt?
I’m glad I’m not the only one who holds this opinion. Honestly this is one of the reasons why I want Frisk over Sans.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
So this is my first time coming across this thread. It doesn't seem to be very active, but I'll join the cause. The concept of a fighter that can either kill their enemies with kindness or become a merciless killer depending on how you play them is such a great idea for a character that I'd love to see fully realized, not to mention the amazing music they'd bring with them. It also helps that Undertale has a bit more clout than most indies in both the East and West, giving Frisk the best chances of possibly any indie character.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Also, while the original post here is good, I’m not really sure why fan work is under the alts and music section. That doesn’t make all too much sense, honestly.
I understand. I just did it for two reasons. 1: Because it would be awesome if it did happen (a smash remix of Triple the Threat would be sick!). 2: Undertale is infamous (wish I could say famous) for it's community. Undertale's community is the most underrated and hated community in video game history. Plus, it was the fans who supported Undertale and brought it to reality thanks to Kickstarter. Indie games are all about their communities supporting them. If Undertale IS gonna be the first indie game to be represented in smash as a fighter, I want it to represent the community as well.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I understand. I just did it for two reasons. 1: Because it would be awesome if it did happen (a smash remix of Triple the Threat would be sick!). 2: Undertale is infamous (wish I could say famous) for it's community. Undertale's community is the most underrated and hated community in video game history. Plus, it was the fans who supported Undertale and brought it to reality thanks to Kickstarter. Indie games are all about their communities supporting them. If Undertale IS gonna be the first indie game to be represented in smash as a fighter, I want it to represent the community as well.
Honestly not 100% sure I would agree. The community is a bit part of the game's popularity, no doubt, but it isn't a part of the game.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I love Undertale since the good old days! It even brings back good old memories! I've even played it when I was about 12. Despite being a medium sized fan. I don't really support Frisk, but I still think she and Sans are both iconic. However, as of now, I would prefer both Frisk and Sans to be assist trophies instead of playable characters because I don't want either of them to be playable, but still have them included in the game.

Here are some green flags that support my opinion on why Frisk and Sans should both be assist trophies, and leave Undertale without any playable characters. Remember this is just an opinion.

1. Frisk doesn't have as many games as many other playable 3rd party characters. If you compare Frisk to Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ryu, Simon etc. You can see that all of those other characters have myriads of games. Frisks doesn't have much other than just a couple, despite being popular, iconic and famous. Also, I think Bayonetta should be an exception.

2. Shovel Knight and Yuri (fatal frame), are just as iconic as Frisk. They all merit to be assist trophies, and Shovel Knight and Yuri eventually became assist trophies for good since they deserve to. Could same thing happen with Frisk and Sans? Unless they become more iconic in the future, and eventually merit to be playable.

3. Just because a 3rd party character is Iconic and/or famous, or popular doesn't mean they deserve to be playable. The reason why Frisk and Sans merit to be assist trophies in my opinion has nothing to do with both of them being less iconic than Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Ryu, Cloud, Simon. Bomberman, Sora, Reimu (touhou), Kyo (king of fighters) etc. It's because Frisk and Sans aren't as iconic as most current 3rd party playable characters for now. Although both are popular, they still merit to be assist trophies in my opinion.

4. Even if a character has a moveset potential, they can still work as an assist trophy. Remember what happened to poor Knuckles, Shadow, Bomberman, and Isaac? They got unfortunately relegated to assist trophies despite having a moveset potential. Frisk and Sans both have moveset potential, but I think they could still work as amazing assist trophies. Frisk could slash opponents with her sword/knife/other weapon, while Sans could fire bones and shoot with his signature Kamehameha-like weapon, the gaster blaster.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I love Undertale since the good old days! It even brings back good old memories! I've even played it when I was about 12. Despite being a medium sized fan. I don't really support Frisk, but I still think she and Sans are both iconic. However, as of now, I would prefer both Frisk and Sans to be assist trophies instead of playable characters because I don't want either of them to be playable, but still have them included in the game.

Here are some green flags that support my opinion on why Frisk and Sans should both be assist trophies, and leave Undertale without any playable characters. Remember this is just an opinion.

1. Frisk doesn't have as many games as many other playable 3rd party characters. If you compare Frisk to Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ryu, Simon etc. You can see that all of those other characters have myriads of games. Frisks doesn't have much other than just a couple, despite being popular, iconic and famous. Also, I think Bayonetta should be an exception.

2. Shovel Knight and Yuri (fatal frame), are just as iconic as Frisk. They all merit to be assist trophies, and Shovel Knight and Yuri eventually became assist trophies for good since they deserve to. Could same thing happen with Frisk and Sans? Unless they become more iconic in the future, and eventually merit to be playable.

3. Just because a 3rd party character is Iconic and/or famous, or popular doesn't mean they deserve to be playable. The reason why Frisk and Sans merit to be assist trophies in my opinion has nothing to do with both of them being less iconic than Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Ryu, Cloud, Simon. Bomberman, Sora, Reimu (touhou), Kyo (king of fighters) etc. It's because Frisk and Sans aren't as iconic as most current 3rd party playable characters for now. Although both are popular, they still merit to be assist trophies in my opinion.

4. Even if a character has a moveset potential, they can still work as an assist trophy. Remember what happened to poor Knuckles, Shadow, Bomberman, and Isaac? They got unfortunately relegated to assist trophies despite having a moveset potential. Frisk and Sans both have moveset potential, but I think they could still work as amazing assist trophies. Frisk could slash opponents with her sword/knife/other weapon, while Sans could fire bones and shoot with his signature Kamehameha-like weapon, the gaster blaster.
Aren't you the same person who kept spamming the Joker thread with the same circular arguments about who is and isn't iconic? Please don't do the same thing here, because going into a character's support thread to ramble about why their character doesn't deserve to be playable is incredibly rude and accomplishes nothing.

So to start some discussion in this thread since it doesn't seem to be very active, what's everyone thinking for a potential stage? Personally I'm feeling the Ruins since it's the first area in the game and there aren't a ton of ruin-based stages in Smash. This might be a tad ambitious, but it'd be cool if certain characters showed up depending on the music to act as stage hazards (Papyrus using his bone attacks if Bonetrousle plays, Undyne throwing spears for Spear of Justice/Battle Against a True Hero, etc)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So to start some discussion in this thread since it doesn't seem to be very active, what's everyone thinking for a potential stage? Personally I'm feeling the Ruins since it's the first area in the game and there aren't a ton of ruin-based stages in Smash. This might be a tad ambitious, but it'd be cool if certain characters showed up depending on the music to act as stage hazards (Papyrus using his bone attacks if Bonetrousle plays, Undyne throwing spears for Spear of Justice/Battle Against a True Hero, etc)
I'd personally like Snowdin the most, or a stage that takes you through each area, though the Ruins would be good, too. If Toby doesn't want them to put major spoilers, I guess the Ruins or Snowdin would be the best choices anyway. Characters showing up would also be nice.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I'd personally like Snowdin the most, or a stage that takes you through each area, though the Ruins would be good, too. If Toby doesn't want them to put major spoilers, I guess the Ruins or Snowdin would be the best choices anyway. Characters showing up would also be nice.
Snowdin would be a great choice too, since it's one of the most memorable locales in the game thanks to Sans and Papyrus. Undertale has so many cool locations to work with that just about anything could make for a neat stage. Ruins seems like the most likely because it's the first location in the game and it'd be the easiest to implement without spoilers

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Aren't you the same person who kept spamming the Joker thread with the same circular arguments about who is and isn't iconic? Please don't do the same thing here, because going into a character's support thread to ramble about why their character doesn't deserve to be playable is incredibly rude and accomplishes nothing.
Okay!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i like the waterfall area, mostly because its pretty and i think it would look so so nice in ultimate

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I was gonna post my Frisk moveset here but it seems like everyone is making movesets for the guy lmao. I'll still post it anyway if people wanna see it, since it's already fully typed up.

Also obviously I want Frisk in Smash at least a little bit so add me to the list I guess.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I was gonna post my Frisk moveset here but it seems like everyone is making movesets for the guy lmao. I'll still post it anyway if people wanna see it, since it's already fully typed up.

Also obviously I want Frisk in Smash at least a little bit so add me to the list I guess.
Go ahead! I'm sure it'd be interesting to see, and anything to keep this thread active would be great. Funny you mention everybody making Frisk movesets, because I was actually in the process of making my own Frisk moveset. Just have to finalize another thing I'm working on before finishing it lol

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Go ahead! I'm sure it'd be interesting to see, and anything to keep this thread active would be great. Funny you mention everybody making Frisk movesets, because I was actually in the process of making my own Frisk moveset. Just have to finalize another thing I'm working on before finishing it lol
Here you go then.

Frisk Moveset

General Idea:

Undertale is a game where you get stronger when you fight, but the ultimate goal is to spare everyone and be kind. Thus, the moveset will revolve around getting stronger by doing damage, but being able to spare enemies to get rid of bad karma

Gimmick:

Frisk has a LOVE meter (level of violence) above their percentage.

Whenever frisk deals damage it will fill up the meter proportionally to the damage dealt, and taking a stock will fill the meter by as much as doing 50%.

Taking damage has no effect on the meter, but losing a stock resets the meter to 0%/

The more full the meter is, the more damage/knockback some moves will have. However, the higher your LOVE is, the lower your mobility, and it becomes harder to dodge attacks. However, you can use certain moves to get rid of LOVE and do powerful sparing moves.

Stats:

Movement-

By default, ground and air speed would be similar to Ness, but with more air acceleration. this would make frisk easy to weave in and out and avoid attacks. They have 1 standard double jump.

However, when LOVE gets higher, air acceleration gets worse, and dash turnaround takes longer, making it easy to keep running in, but punishable if you run away. LOVE also reduces the invulnerability on dodges.

Weight would be average, at about 94. (similar to ness or inkling)

Special Moves:

Up B- Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap

Similar to one of megaman's custom moves in smash 4, a bird will fly to frisk's hands and grab him, flying him straight up, with some variance in exact angle. no hitbox, standard recovery.

if your LOVE is too high, the bird won't want to help, not lifting as much. at 75-99% LOVE, the bird has a chance to not appear at all. at 100% LOVE, the bird will not show up, and this move will be about as good for recovery as Yoshi's up b, forcing you to rely on your double jump for recovery.

Side B- Shank

Frisk will use a knife, differing depending on how full LOVE meter is, and do a very short-range powerful attack that drastically scales with LOVE. this attack has a crumple effect similar to Ryu or Ridley's down b.

-at 0%-25% LOVE, they will use the toy knife, very little damage but enough hitstun to be positive on-hit

-at 26-75% LOVE, they will use the worn dagger, which deals decent damage (20-30%) and enough hitstun for a followup

-at 76%-100% LOVE, they will use the real knife, which can deal up to 50% damage, but not enough hitstun for a true followup (tech chase)

Down B- Spare

Frisk will try to hug the enemy, a command grab attack similar to Wario's bite. It can't be shielded.

Using this move, whether it hits or not, will lower your LOVE by 20%, but the more LOVE you have, the longer this move takes. Whiffing this move is likely to get you hit by a smash attack.
Damage dealt by this move will NOT fill up your LOVE meter.

-at 0% LOVE, this move will remove a stock from any opponent above 130%. (similar to some final smashes) Otherwise, it deals around 30% and has very high knockback that may kill before 130% near the ledge.
-at 1%-99% LOVE, it deals damage equal to about half of your LOVE and removes all of it (if it hits)

-at 100% LOVE, should this move actually hit your opponent, you get dunked on and lose a stock. With how slow the move is, your opponent can likely react and get hit on purpose to kill you.

Neutral B- SAVE

If you don't want to risk using spare to get rid of your LOVE, you have another option.

SAVE will fill frisk with determination, and slowly drain their LOVE, Similar to Cloud's down b. Using down b to get rid of LOVE is slightly faster, but this option is much less risky.

However, at 100% LOVE, this move will not reduce your meter. Instead, it will heal you very slowly. This is to make it a lot harder to lose your LOVE if you reach 100%, as you’re forced to use down b.

Normals:

For normals that involve a knife, frisk will use the same knife as in side b, but this is a cosmetic effect and has no impact on damage/knockback.

For certain moves, your LOVE being high will make you use an entirely different attack.

Jab- A simple 1,2,3 combo with tough gloves. The gentlemen 3rd hit is a jab with the knife, but rapid jab keeps using gloves.

-At 100% LOVE, you cannot use rapid jab.

F-Tilt- Frisk wields the empty gun, which doesn’t fire a bullet but the "BANG" hurts enemies.

D-Tilt- Frisk does a leg sweep with the ballet shoes.

U-Tilt- Frisk does a large sweeping anti-air with the knife.

Dash Attack- Similar to dedede's dash attack, Frisk falls flat on their face.

-When above 50% LOVE, dash attack is instead a very quick sliding stab (think cutter dash in kirby)

N-air- Frisk pulls out the torn notebook and closes it to puff out pages, similar in function to greninja's nair

F-air- Similar to ftilt, but it launches frisk backward with some momentum

-When above 50% LOVE, F-air is instead a horizontal knife slash

Bair- frisk pulls out the heart locket and swings it backward, this move has a shield effect similar to Palutena's B-air

-When above 50% LOVE, Frisk swings the frying pan backwards instead, no shielding effect, slower move

D-air- Ballet shoes tap dancing, similar to Lucas’s D-air.

U-air- Frisk swings knife upward in an arc, decent for juggling.

Smash attacks:

All of frisk's smash attacks have 3 variations. At 0% LOVE, they will not fill up the meter on hit but still deal damage and knockback.

Pacifist smash attacks are only available at 0% LOVE, Neutral smash attacks are at 1-74%, and Genocide smash attacks are at 75-100%.

Pacifist side smash- Frisk blows a kiss projectile.

Pacifist up smash- Frisk sings, music note projectiles float directly above them.

Pacifist down smash- Frisk flexes, hitting on both sides. (and grossing out temmie)

Neutral side smash- Frisk uses the frying pan, similar to Peach’s F-smash.

Neutral up smash- Frisk uses the tough gloves for a strong uppercut. Has a slow startup like Wolf’s F-smash.

Neutral down smash- Frisk crouches down and doesn't move, their soul turns blue, and a light blue knife passes over them to hit both sides.

Genocide smash attacks are generic knife smash attacks, Up and Forward Smash are pretty much the same as Joker’s, Down smash attacks both sides with a stab poke.

Frisk's dodges work like teleport dodges (Mewtwo/Palutena/etc), but Frisk doesn't disappear, instead being replaced by their soul (heart) while invulnerable.

Taunts:

Frisk has 2 taunts for each slot. One for 0-49% LOVE, and one for 50-100% LOVE.

Up taunt 1- Frisk pulls out a cell phone to talk to someone, then puts it away. Sound effects play to denote who they’re talking to, which is randomly chosen like Pacman’s Namco Roulette.

Up taunt 2- The “Spare” button appears in front of Frisk, before being sliced in half.

Side taunt 1- Frisk’s body disappears and is replaced by their soul, which floats around for a second before Frisk comes back.

Side taunt 2- A dummy appears, Frisk punches it, and then it gets angry with that sound effect.

Down taunt 1- An annoying dog appears and runs circles around Frisk while barking at them, making Frisk dizzy.

Down taunt 2- Chara’s demonic laugh, including the terrifying evil face.

Final Smash-

I’m sure after reading the rest of the moveset you never would’ve guessed- Frisk has more than one Final Smash. However, instead of being entirely based on LOVE, you can choose which one to use.

When activated, Frisk will dash forward and time will freeze around them and the person they hit. The screen will transition to look like an Undertale battle menu, with each fighter having white pixel art to match the style. The option to FIGHT or SPARE will show up, which can be selected similar to Shulk’s Monado Arts. (hold left or right to decide, it automatically selects after about a second)

-If you choose FIGHT, then the other character will disappear and be replaced by a white heart (soul) before Frisk attacks and makes the soul split and then shatter, like what happens when you kill a boss in Undertale. This instantly kills above 100%, but will cause your LOVE to instantly reach 100% as well.

-If you choose SPARE, Frisk hugs the enemy, causing them to fade out and puff out smoke as if you had spared an enemy in Undertale. This instantly kills above 100%, but will cause your LOVE to instantly reach 0% as well.

Warning: very very long.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Here you go then.

Frisk Moveset

General Idea:

Undertale is a game where you get stronger when you fight, but the ultimate goal is to spare everyone and be kind. Thus, the moveset will revolve around getting stronger by doing damage, but being able to spare enemies to get rid of bad karma

Gimmick:

Whenever frisk deals damage it will fill up the meter proportionally to the damage dealt, and taking a stock will fill the meter by as much as doing 50%.

Taking damage has no effect on the meter, but losing a stock resets the meter to 0%/

The more full the meter is, the more damage/knockback some moves will have. However, the higher your LOVE is, the lower your mobility, and it becomes harder to dodge attacks. However, you can use certain moves to get rid of LOVE and do powerful sparing moves.

Stats:

Movement-

By default, ground and air speed would be similar to Ness, but with more air acceleration. this would make frisk easy to weave in and out and avoid attacks. They have 1 standard double jump.

However, when LOVE gets higher, air acceleration gets worse, and dash turnaround takes longer, making it easy to keep running in, but punishable if you run away. LOVE also reduces the invulnerability on dodges.

Special Moves:

Similar to one of megaman's custom moves in smash 4, a bird will fly to frisk's hands and grab him, flying him straight up, with some variance in exact angle. no hitbox, standard recovery.

if your LOVE is too high, the bird won't want to help, not lifting as much. at 75-99% LOVE, the bird has a chance to not appear at all. at 100% LOVE, the bird will not show up, and this move will be about as good for recovery as Yoshi's up b, forcing you to rely on your double jump for recovery.

Side B- Shank

Frisk will use a knife, differing depending on how full LOVE meter is, and do a very short-range powerful attack that drastically scales with LOVE. this attack has a crumple effect similar to Ryu or Ridley's down b.

-at 0%-25% LOVE, they will use the toy knife, very little damage but enough hitstun to be positive on-hit

-at 26-75% LOVE, they will use the worn dagger, which deals decent damage (20-30%) and enough hitstun for a followup

-at 76%-100% LOVE, they will use the real knife, which can deal up to 50% damage, but not enough hitstun for a true followup (tech chase)

Down B- Spare

Frisk will try to hug the enemy, a command grab attack similar to Wario's bite. It can't be shielded.

Using this move, whether it hits or not, will lower your LOVE by 20%, but the more LOVE you have, the longer this move takes. Whiffing this move is likely to get you hit by a smash attack.

-at 0% LOVE, this move will remove a stock from any opponent above 130%. (similar to some final smashes) Otherwise, it deals around 30% and has very high knockback that may kill before 130% near the ledge.
-at 1%-99% LOVE, it deals damage equal to about half of your LOVE and removes all of it (if it hits)

-at 100% LOVE, should this move actually hit your opponent, you get dunked on and lose a stock. With how slow the move is, your opponent can likely react and get hit on purpose to kill you.

Neutral B- SAVE

If you don't want to risk using spare to get rid of your LOVE, you have another option.

SAVE will fill frisk with determination, and slowly drain their LOVE, Similar to Cloud's down b. Using down b to get rid of LOVE is slightly faster, but this option is much less risky.

However, at 100% LOVE, this move will not reduce your meter. Instead, it will heal you very slowly. This is to make it a lot harder to lose your LOVE if you reach 100%, as you’re forced to use down b.

Normals:

For normals that involve a knife, frisk will use the same knife as in side b, but this is a cosmetic effect and has no impact on damage/knockback.

For certain moves, your LOVE being high will make you use an entirely different attack.

Jab- A simple 1,2,3 combo with tough gloves. The gentlemen 3rd hit is a jab with the knife, but rapid jab keeps using gloves.

F-Tilt- Frisk wields the empty gun, which doesn’t fire a bullet but the "BANG" hurts enemies.

-When above 50% LOVE, dash attack is instead a very quick sliding stab (think cutter dash in kirby)

N-air- Frisk pulls out the torn notebook and closes it to puff out pages, similar in function to greninja's nair

Bair- frisk pulls out the heart locket and swings it backward, this move has a shield effect similar to Palutena's B-air

-When above 50% LOVE, Frisk swings the frying pan backwards instead, no shielding effect, slower move

Smash attacks:

All of frisk's smash attacks have 3 variations. At 0% LOVE, they will not fill up the meter on hit but still deal damage and knockback.

Pacifist smash attacks are only available at 0% LOVE, Neutral smash attacks are at 1-74%, and Genocide smash attacks are at 75-100%.

Pacifist up smash- Frisk sings, music note projectiles float directly above them.

Pacifist down smash- Frisk flexes, hitting on both sides. (and grossing out temmie)

Neutral up smash- Frisk uses the tough gloves for a strong uppercut. Has a slow startup like Wolf’s F-smash.

Neutral down smash- Frisk crouches down and doesn't move, their soul turns blue, and a light blue knife passes over them to hit both sides.

Genocide smash attacks are generic knife smash attacks, Up and Forward Smash are pretty much the same as Joker’s, Down smash attacks both sides with a stab poke.

Frisk's dodges work like teleport dodges (Mewtwo/Palutena/etc), but Frisk doesn't disappear, instead being replaced by their soul (heart) while invulnerable.

Taunts:

Up taunt 1- Frisk pulls out a cell phone to talk to someone, then puts it away. Sound effects play to denote who they’re talking to, which is randomly chosen like Pacman’s Namco Roulette.

Up taunt 2- The “Spare” button appears in front of Frisk, before being sliced in half.

Side taunt 1- Frisk’s body disappears and is replaced by their soul, which floats around for a second before Frisk comes back.

Side taunt 2- A dummy appears, Frisk punches it, and then it gets angry with that sound effect.

Down taunt 1- An annoying dog appears and runs circles around Frisk while barking at them, making Frisk dizzy.

Final Smash-

I’m sure after reading the rest of the moveset you never would’ve guessed- Frisk has more than one Final Smash. However, instead of being entirely based on LOVE, you can choose which one to use.

When activated, Frisk will dash forward and time will freeze around them and the person they hit. The screen will transition to look like an Undertale battle menu, with each fighter having white pixel art to match the style. The option to FIGHT or SPARE will show up, which can be selected similar to Shulk’s Monado Arts. (hold left or right to decide, it automatically selects after about a second)

-If you choose FIGHT, then the other character will disappear and be replaced by a white heart (soul) before Frisk attacks and makes the soul split and then shatter, like what happens when you kill a boss in Undertale. This instantly kills above 100%, but will cause your LOVE to instantly reach 100% as well.

-If you choose SPARE, Frisk hugs the enemy, causing them to fade out and puff out smoke as if you had spared an enemy in Undertale. This instantly kills above 100%, but will cause your LOVE to instantly reach 0% as well.

Pretty nice moveset. The implementation of the LOVE mechanic is very unique and different from how I've seen it implemented in most Frisk movesets.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I would be able to deal with having Frisk as a playable character, but I wouldn't like the idea of having Sans as a playable character without having Frisk be playable. Regardless of who gets in first.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
If it had to be one part of the underground it might have to be either Waterfall or the Judgement Hall (just because of how infamous it is due to a certain skeleton).
Here you go then.

Frisk Moveset

General Idea:

Gimmick:

Stats:

Movement-

Special Moves:

Side B- Shank

Down B- Spare

Neutral B- SAVE

Normals:

Smash attacks:

Taunts:

Final Smash-

That LOVE idea is brilliant! And I LOVE that final smash idea.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I'm thinking the battle screen would be the stage. Bland looking sure, but different monsters would sure & use their unique attacks that players then have to dodge. Edit: What? Quadruple post?

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I'm thinking the battle screen would be the stage. Bland looking sure, but different monsters would show up & use their unique attacks that players then have to dodge.

Last edited:

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking the battle screen would be the stage. Bland looking sure, but different monsters would sure & use their unique attacks that players then have to dodge.
I remember this one leak of sans being in smash with that stage in mind. The leak said that he will show video footage. But when the video came out it was a "You've been gnomed!" video XD.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hello I wanted to come in here and show my support. I'm unashamedly most vested in Geno making it into Smash but I also support the idea of Frisk or the Human making it in. I'd also be totally fine with another UT/DR rep because there are some great options.

Here's why I think Frisk is the best option though:
1. I read a comment somewhere where someone had been suggesting that Frisk have a sort of mechanics where depending on you play your appearance reflects more Frisk for more passive actions and Chara for more aggressive ones and the power of your moves and way they were used would change accordingly. This just sounds like a really cool mechanic that I'd love to see in Smash. Unfortunately, it would also be a big spoiler for those who haven't played UT. 2. Others have mentioned that the theme of friendship is crucial to UT and that some of Frisks friends like Undynes, Sans, Papyrus, Toriel, etc could be worked into Frisk's kit. Like this could be kinda random like his down b could summon a random character and each character has a different effect like Toriel throws a fireball, Papyrus could go to attack with a bone but the annoying dog could come steal it so nothing would happen, Undyne could skewer forward with her spear, Sans could shoot the gaster blaster, etc. Or these could all be part of separate moves like how toad is part of peach/Daisy's throws and neutral b. Either way there is certainly cool potential here. This wouldn't make as much sense with a Frisk/Chara mechanic in place but if they did have both Chara's moves would just be different and not involve any cameos. 3. In the OP it mentions how certain moves could change the color of Frisks soul and do something in Smash that reflects what that color does in UT. Yellow shoots projectiles, blue allows you to dodge if you stand still or makes you have greater gravity but gain other benefits, purple could allow for some kind of horizontal teleport/dodge since in UT you're able to move the purple heart horizontally to dodge attacks, etc. 4. Sure Frisk isn't a warrior but in a way he is like the strongest character in UT. Monsters fear humans even children. There are also weapons and items that Frisk could draw from the series to use in his kit. Frisk is very unassuming like Villager which is kind of more fun to see in Smash than a more warrior-esque character such as Kris from Deltarune.

In my opinion, the only thing Frisk has going against him is that he's really just in Undertale and not Undertale and Deltarune like Sans or Toriel is. Of course Deltarune is far from finished so we really don't know yet.

It should be pretty obvious to people why Undertale deserves a rep. The game is huge and widely celebrated for good reason. Pacifism is no reason not to include a character as proven by animal crossing. I would love to see music from Undertale make it into Smash like the Core theme, the theme with the fight with Asriel, Megalovania, etc.

One last thing...Lucas is not just Ness with the ability to freeze. Please try comparing both characters kits especially Aerials. There PK fires work differently, their throws and Aerials are very different, their up and down smashes are very different, the speed and function of their neutral B's are very different, and their up B's are similar but work differently when used for poking. Please educate yourself about these characters because they are actually very different and fun in their own ways and you have to play them very differently to succeed with them.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Hello I wanted to come in here and show my support. I'm unashamedly most vested in Geno making it into Smash but I also support the idea of Frisk or the Human making it in. I'd also be totally fine with another UT/DR rep because there are some great options.

Here's why I think Frisk is the best option though:
1. I read a comment somewhere where someone had been suggesting that Frisk have a sort of mechanics where depending on you play your appearance reflects more Frisk for more passive actions and Chara for more aggressive ones and the power of your moves and way they were used would change accordingly. This just sounds like a really cool mechanic that I'd love to see in Smash. Unfortunately, it would also be a big spoiler for those who haven't played UT. 2. Others have mentioned that the theme of friendship is crucial to UT and that some of Frisks friends like Undynes, Sans, Papyrus, Toriel, etc could be worked into Frisk's kit. Like this could be kinda random like his down b could summon a random character and each character has a different effect like Toriel throws a fireball, Papyrus could go to attack with a bone but the annoying dog could come steal it so nothing would happen, Undyne could skewer forward with her spear, Sans could shoot the gaster blaster, etc. Or these could all be part of separate moves like how toad is part of peach/Daisy's throws and neutral b. Either way there is certainly cool potential here. This wouldn't make as much sense with a Frisk/Chara mechanic in place but if they did have both Chara's moves would just be different and not involve any cameos. 3. In the OP it mentions how certain moves could change the color of Frisks soul and do something in Smash that reflects what that color does in UT. Yellow shoots projectiles, blue allows you to dodge if you stand still or makes you have greater gravity but gain other benefits, purple could allow for some kind of horizontal teleport/dodge since in UT you're able to move the purple heart horizontally to dodge attacks, etc. 4. Sure Frisk isn't a warrior but in a way he is like the strongest character in UT. Monsters fear humans even children. There are also weapons and items that Frisk could draw from the series to use in his kit. Frisk is very unassuming like Villager which is kind of more fun to see in Smash than a more warrior-esque character such as Kris from Deltarune.

In my opinion, the only thing Frisk has going against him is that he's really just in Undertale and not Undertale and Deltarune like Sans or Toriel is. Of course Deltarune is far from finished so we really don't know yet.

It should be pretty obvious to people why Undertale deserves a rep. The game is huge and widely celebrated for good reason. Pacifism is no reason not to include a character as proven by animal crossing. I would love to see music from Undertale make it into Smash like the Core theme, the theme with the fight with Asriel, Megalovania, etc.

One last thing...Lucas is not just Ness with the ability to freeze. Please try comparing both characters kits especially Aerials. There PK fires work differently, their throws and Aerials are very different, their up and down smashes are very different, the speed and function of their neutral B's are very different, and their up B's are similar but work differently when used for poking. Please educate yourself about these characters because they are actually very different and fun in their own ways and you have to play them very differently to succeed with them.
Howdy! Welcome to the support thread. Just have two things to mention about what you said. Concerning spoilers, I don't think it really matters if it spoils a lot. That didn't stop Zelda from turning into Shiek or Lucina going by her actual name and not Marth. And the thing about Lucas is. You're right, there is more than just freezing. But he is still extremely similar to Ness. He's like the Dr. Mario of Ness XD. A bit different, but very similar nonetheless.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Howdy! Welcome to the support thread. Just have two things to mention about what you said. Concerning spoilers, I don't think it really matters if it spoils a lot. That didn't stop Zelda from turning into Shiek or Lucina going by her actual name and not Marth. And the thing about Lucas is. You're right, there is more than just freezing. But he is still extremely similar to Ness. He's like the Dr. Mario of Ness XD. A bit different, but very similar nonetheless.
I mean Ness and Lucas have kinda similar special attacks and forward smashes but that's really it. Ness is an aerial machine that is quick and combos easily while Lucas is more slow and calculated with more multi-hit attacks and still has some combos but not like the options that Ness has. They really don't compare to a Mario Dr Mario situation because they still have relatively similar speed and hitboxes as well as almost identical movesets. This isn't my opinion it's fact. Ganondorf is more like Captain Falcon than Ness is like Lucas. They seriously play very differently even with their similar special moves you have to incorporate them differently because of the rest of their kits. I can't think of a good example of two other fighters that are like this. I'm sorry I know this is off topic I'm just really passionate about both characters. I'll end by saying that I like UT and want it to eventually have a rep in Smash.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I've already mentioned that I would rather have Sans or Frisk as assist trophies instead of playable characters in my post above, do you think Frisk or Sans will be my next heartbreaker?

Ornl

Smash Ace
frisk.png

One of the commonalities between Joker, Hero and Banjo is to have been favorites from different poll forms, which allowed them to have a serious hype.
- Persona and Dragon Quest are in top position in several poll by Famitsu readers (top 100 ; top 10 on each console).
- Banjo-Kazooie is a ballot choice.
The candidate who makes the most noise among young players in France and Japan is Sans (I don't know about the rest of Europe). However, the game isn't even officially translated into French! Whatever we think about Undertale, it's hard not to be impressed.

It's surprising to think that Toby Fox, the Undertale author, has been invited to the Nintendo Japan premises, and has seen his work on the covers of Japanese magazines Famitsu (with interview) and Nintendo DREAM. Although he was inspired by several Nintendo games (among others), he offered a original gameplay, universe, musics and author's vision.

But, the most disconcerting are the character preferences according to Nintendo DREAM readers. It must be realized that the votes are divided between several characters from Undertale, but that each of this character dominates all other Nintendo rep out of the top. It could almost look like an early advertising campaign.
Characters poll
- Sep 2019 : Sans 5th.
- Aug 2019 : Sans 10th.
- July 2019 : Sans 11th, Susie 16th, Undine 18th.
- June 2019 : Sans 5th, Undyne 18th, Susie 20th.
- May 2019 : Sans 5th, Frisk 17th, Papyrus 19th.
- April 2019 : Undine 11th, Sans 16th, Frisk 18th.
- Mar 2019 : Sans 8th, Mettaton 13th, Papyrus 17th, Frisk 19th.
- Feb 2019 : Sans 2nd, Papyrus 5th, Mettaton 8th, Undyne 9th, Frisk 15th, Toriel 17th, Flowey 18th.
- Jan 2019 : Sans 19th.
- Dec 2018 : Sans 18th.
- Nov 2018 : none
- Oct 2018 : Sans 19th.

Toby Fox's work would have the ability to overcome its disadvantages.
- Undertale is Western and independent. -> Yes, but the series has a link to Nintendo with its influences and the impact on the Nintendo community. It could be the first RPG that isn't a JRPG.
- Undertale isn't quite a series, and the characters in a series that has no future are rarely chosen. -> Smash Bros is looking for recent characters to avoid having too many retro characters. It turns out that Undertale is relatively new, and that its current success still leaves room for sequels, remakes or crossovers. The hype around a new game on Switch would still be preserved. For example, the Mother and Undertale universes could be married thanks to Nintendo ideas.

The choice would be Frisk because she is the protagonist. She also has the potential to offer unique and different gameplay with a new level of fun, and a nod to The Touhou Project.

minitheory consoles frisk lq.jpg

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Frisk is definitely one of my most wanted characters, but that image above gets me extra hype since my absolute #1 want is Phoenix Wright and the original trilogy of Ace Attorney games came out on the GBA in Japan! Phoenix and Frisk would both make for really fun fighters that fight without fighting! At least half for Frisk, assuming they'd have two movesets depending on how you want to do things haha

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Frisk is definitely one of my most wanted characters, but that image above gets me extra hype since my absolute #1 want is Phoenix Wright and the original trilogy of Ace Attorney games came out on the GBA in Japan! Phoenix and Frisk would both make for really fun fighters that fight without fighting! At least half for Frisk, assuming they'd have two movesets depending on how you want to do things haha
HOLD IT! You aren't in the supporters list! Not anymore...

Ornl

Smash Ace
Yes, the picture was shared for fun and to create hype, but it's unfounded because the column is flexible according to a multitude of possibilities ^^
I really like the idea that Frisk can have 2 distinct ways to be played ("soul strength" and physical strength).

minitheory consoles frisk lq2.jpg

______

Paragon supports Frisk (rumor)
Before E3 2019, a Discord user by the name of Paragon claimed a number of things about the Fighters Pass, including the presence of Hero, with Luminary as the default alt along with Erdrick, Eight, and one other one that they didn't recognize (Solo). They also noted that they would kick off the Direct (though they used the term "trailer") and that they would have a JRPG mechanic (presumably the MP Gauge). They then went on to say that Banjo's reveal would be a repeat of K. Rool's, but with Duck Hunt being the fakeout. Additionally, they claimed Breath of the Wild 2 was happening. This makes their next two claims a little more plausible - Challenger Pack 4 will reportedly feature Undertale representation, with the character likely being either Sans or Frisk, along with the claim that Waluigi will round out the Fighters Pass. Notably, Paragon also says that K. Rool's fate in Banjo's trailer - being buried underground - will lead into the Undertale reveal (this reference to Gruntilda's fate isn't an obstacle to it becoming the opening to Undertale).
Yes, Waluigi is strictly impossible. Paragon could have had this source, but that would be this source could be a lure or a code name to hide another name or another concept...

Last edited:

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Waluigi is strictly impossible. Paragon could have had this source, but that would be this source could be a lure or a code name to hide another name or another concept...
I wouldn't say that Waluigi is impossible. In fact, he is very likely considering how popular he is in the community. Banjo got in thanks to the support of the fans. In fact, Waluigi even got a song about him sadly not being in smash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0iTDafXuM And I doubt many smash characters can say that they had a song about them being in smash XD.

Ornl

Smash Ace
(Paragon leak Frisk/Sans + Waluigi)
I wouldn't say that Waluigi is impossible. In fact, he is very likely considering how popular he is in the community. Banjo got in thanks to the support of the fans. In fact, Waluigi even got a song about him sadly not being in smash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0iTDafXuM And I doubt many smash characters can say that they had a song about them being in smash XD.
Waluigi is strictly impossible
Sakurai stated this on Miiverse when revealing Waluigi was an Assist Trophy:
"(...) Which also means he’s not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn’t mean you’ll make it into the battle."
-> Even if they they fulfill some of criteria, some characters can’t join the battle, and Waluigi has just been chosen as an example.
• The distribution between the franchises is taken into account.
-> Mario has just received 1 rep in the base game and 1 rep in DLC.
• The DLC will be "new in the series".
Sakurai can no longer listen to the community for DLC. November 6 2018, two tweets, appeared in English (1st and 2nd addressed to the Westerners), insisted that the DLC characters were planned and that it would be nice to refrain from flooding him and Nintendo with requests, while they aren't specifically in able to reply to comments. Six days before, Sakurai mentioned that the selection of Fighters to be included with the DLC was decided by planning the game, for which it wasn't possible to include Rex or other characters (Spring Man...) in Ultimate. The reason for Rex's exclusion is that the game in which he first appears was announced after the planning. So the schedule for the DLC was decided before January 13 2017, the announcement day of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, even though there was no official announcement. The slots are so strictly reserved that he couldn't include Rex. This reveals that the DLC were decided before Waluigi's announcement as an Assist Trophy, so before the reactions of the fans. So the fan reactions can't do anything, except to provoke Sakurai to say ≈ "Stop! Leave me alone !".

Top Bottom