• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frisk is Determined to Fight! Frisk Supporter Thread

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Now, besides sans there are a few other Undertale CHARActers that Undertale fans want for Smash. Mettaton and Undyne are some of the other requested Undertale fighters. But I want to do Frisk. And I am not making the same mistake twice by doing a duplicate character thread. NOTE: Frisk's gender is often debated but just for simplicity's sake, I will be calling Frisk/Chara "They"

Who is Frisk?
Frisk is the main protagonist (or antagonist) of the Indie hit, Undertale.

Why? I would love Undertale to get some representation. After all, Undertale is one of the most popular Indie games. In fact, it reached in the top 100 in IGN. It is also based heavily on the Mother series which hasn't had a fighter since brawl being Lucas who is basically Ness but freezes. Although sans would be a good fighter. Frisk would be a bit more fitting since Frisk is the character you control.

Moveset
Their main weapon is the toy knife. They will use it for most of her standard attacks.
Special Attacks NYEH HEH HEH HEH! For her Normal Special, she throws her Worn Dagger at the opponent.
For their Side-Special, her soul turns yellow and shoots little bullets.
Their Down-Special is a deflect move (since that seems to be a move a lot of fighters have) similar to Shulk's Vision. They get hit but hits the reset button to counter the attack.
For their Up-Special, they use their Jetpack from their upgraded cell phone.
Smash Attacks! For their Up Smash, they use the Empty Gun.
For their Down-Special, they will do the splits while wearing Ballet Shoes.
Their Side-Special is very similar to Peach's, they swing the following items: The Stick (doing the least damage), Tough Glove (medium damage but is not a swing but a punch), Burnt Pan (does the most damage), and the Torn Notebook (does the same damage as the stick, but gives you invulnerability. This is the rarest among the 4).
FINAL SMASH! They have to be close to the opponent, then the screen shows the normal Undertale battle screen with the sprite of the opponent getting slash with a 9999.
SHIELD! Their soul turns green.
Victory Animations! Frisk is petting a napping white dog, Frisk is shown with the Fight and Mercy buttons deciding, and Frisk eating some Butterscotch Pie.

Other Stuff!
ALT COSTUMES!
I would just LOVE it if, not only would they have Chara as an alt skin, but also some from AU's. The Undertale community is one a lot of people hate because of a few "fans" have done some really bad stuff (basically like the Waluigi community). But the Undertale community is, in my opinion, the most creative and have done amazing work. Anyways here are the Alt Costumes: Normal skin Frisk (in other words, not yellow) , Chara ,
Betty from Glitchtale , Player from Underplayer , Storyshift Chara , Poke/Trainertale Frisk , and Reapertale Frisk MUSIC! Undertale has so many good songs it is hard to not say the entire soundtrack. BUT NONETHELESS! I have chosen a certain amount of the soundtrack that I think we can all agree with....along with maybe a few fan-made songs because they are pretty great. Now then, TO THE MUSIC!
Hopes and Dreams
Megalovania
Bonetrousle
Battle Against a True Hero
Bergentruckung + Asgore
Undertale Medley
His Theme
Spider Dance
Ghost Fight
Death By Glamour
Megalo Strike Back Triple the Threat The Trio's Squabble Tokyovania

Stages! I think a very fitting stage would be an Undertale stage that is different in every match depending on its FUN value. It could be in the Ruins, Waterfall, Snowdin, Hotland, CORE, Judgement Hall, or the barrier. Who knows, maybe you will encounter a certain ⬧︎□︎❍︎♏︎□︎■︎♏︎.

Why they COULD be in Smash

Undertale is coming to Switch and had a very unique trailer in the Nintendo Direct.

Undertale is based heavily on Earthbound and the Mother series creator, Shigesato Itoi, recognized Toby Fox as an awesome game designer.
And Toby Fox has been suspiciously excited for Smash Bros Ultimate.
yea.....not that much, but I still have hopes!

Welp! That's all I got! Thanks for reading my supporter thread!

Supporters!

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm fairly certain that a support thread for Frisk already exists.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly certain that a support thread for Frisk already exists.
I looked at the Newcomer Support Thread Directory, no sign of Frisk. Man, I would lose my mind if I did another character support that has already been made.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I looked at the Newcomer Support Thread Directory, no sign of Frisk. Man, I would lose my mind if I did another character support that has already been made.
I'm also pretty sure that thread calls them "The Undertale Human" or something along those lines, since their name is technically a spoiler.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
I'm also pretty sure that thread calls them "The Undertale Human" or something along those lines, since their name is technically a spoiler.
I looked at Chara, Undertale and Hu-..... AGHGHGHGHGGH https://smashboards.com/threads/the-human-undertales-player-character-for-smash.453743/
Again, same with the sans one, mine goes waaaay more into detail though.

Now if you excuse me, I'm just gonna hide in my corner and cry about my effort being wasted....again...

Last edited:

Skeleton-o-puns

Smash Cadet
Skeleton-ton-o puns with a moveset fresh off the presses! I’ve created a sans moveset, so I thought it would be only fair that we bring the genocidal human in to the ring. (Before we begin a disclaimer for how I will be using SHE and HER as pronouns for the fallen child Chara.) I know people might lose their s*** over it, but it’s just my opinion and yadda yadda yadda.... etc..

With that can of worms out of the way, let us commence.

Who is Chara?

Chara is the first fallen child of the story Undertale. When the protagonist kills all of the monsters in Undertale and kills Asgore and Flowey, Chara appears and explains that the EXP the protagonist gained strengthened her enough to awaken. You never really meet her in the pacifist route, but if you decide not to ERASE the world in the genocide route, then you give your soul to Chara and she takes control of your body. Pacifist routes will still be available, but it will be implied that Chara is still possessing you and can kill everyone and RESET the world. A lot of people think it’s Chara or Frisk who cause the genocide. It’s not. Chara helps the protagonist in pacifist routes and even says that “Another route would be preferable.” in genocide before gaining control. I believe Chara is only neutral, not evil. She might even be good, as she is the one who stops Asriel in the final pacifist “fight”. When you’re using good memories of all your friends to free them, you can’t with Asriel. You don’t have any good memories. But then a clip plays of Chara being rescued by Asriel. You or Frisk didn’t have this memory; it was Chara’s. However, to make things simpler, Chara will represent genocide and Frisk will represent pacifist. The weapons for Chara’s moveset can be her knife, the fallen children’s weapons, and of course, a save point.

Now that we’ve eaten our vegetables so to speak, let’s get to the meat and potatoes: the moveset.

Neutral- Knife cutter

Chara slashes her knife causing a small single red shockwave to come out. It flies in straight direction and can break shields easily.

Side special- Chara pulls out one of three things. A gun, a pan, or a note book. (Weapons of the fallen children) Originally I intended for the tough glove, toy knife, and ballerina shoes to be used as well, but they were to melee-ish. The gun can be fired, the pan can be swung, and notebook can be thrown. It balances out Chara’s melee-related knife attacks. Kicking, punching, and (Let’s be honest, who brings a toy knife to a fight?)

Up special- Determined dash

Chara can blitz Sans. SANS. THE SKELETON. Ahem. She dashes in any direction you imput. Plain and simple. However if you run into an opponent, you can launch them instantly.

Down special- SAVE

Chara whips out a save point and heals up to 50% health. A neat gimmick is that while doing so you can warp back to where you stood before, making this a potential get-away move. However, you could accidentally warp yourself off the stage if your not careful.

Final smash-

Chara freezes time with the save point, and goes nuts with her knife, slashing everything. When she unfreezes it, the opposing fighters will either be K.Oed, or launched far.

Now comes the fun part-
Palette swaps.

1st- Storyshift Chara
2nd- Underswap Chara (Chara but with a different facial expression and holding a stick)
3rd- ???
4th- ???
5th- ???
6th- ???
7th- ???
8th- ???

Where there’s Chara, there’s a short pissed skeleton waiting to fight her. I thought if I made a sans moveset, then I had to make one for Chara. Also p.s., Frisk is Chara’s echo fighter. Byyyeeeee!!!!

Last edited:

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
Down special- SAVE

Chara whips out a save point and heals up to 50% health. A neat gimmick is that while doing so you can warp back to where you stood before, making this a potential get-away move. However, you could accidentally warp yourself off the stage if your not careful.
If Chara met Tracer XD. All jokes aside, I do like how you explain how Chara isn't responsible for the genocide.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
(Before we begin a disclaimer for how I will be using SHE and HER as pronouns for the fallen child Chara.) I know people might lose their s*** over it, but it’s just my opinion and yadda yadda yadda.... etc..
Ah! Someone else who refers to Frisk as a boy and Chara as a girl! I knew already, I wasn't alone in such, but it's always nice to meet someone else who does.

Cee-Chan

Smash Rookie
I’m not opposed to frisk, but I dont like all of the ideas here.

The moveset is alright, but you didnt include anything like throws/tilts/aerials, so i can’t give too many thoughts on it.

A lot of the alts are fanmade stuff, which... doesnt have much of a reason to be there? No alts for any of the characters currently repped are based off of fanmade material, they all for the most part references. It would probably be more logical to base it off of in-game content.

My biggest problem however, is the music. Most are fine, but then we get to those last 4. Megalo Strike Back is not an undertale song and was only used in a fanmade animation, but it was made by toby, so maybe they could get away with it. Those last three though? They arent even made by toby, they’re just all remixes? What do you wnat them to do, remix a remix?

tl;dr: Frisk has a lot of potential for a fighter, but the ideas you’ve presented I do not personally think are very well thought out.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind Frisk, although one thing that hurts their chances a little is that so far, several of the characters in Deltarune return, but not them.
Deltarune is its own thing for a lack of better non-spoilery term. That'd be like not expecting Ness to get in because Mother 3 didn't have him.

Skeleton-o-puns

Smash Cadet

The moveset is alright, but you didnt include anything like throws/tilts/aerials, so i can’t give too many thoughts on it.

A lot of the alts are fanmade stuff, which... doesnt have much of a reason to be there? No alts for any of the characters currently repped are based off of fanmade material, they all for the most part references. It would probably be more logical to base it off of in-game content.

My biggest problem however, is the music. Most are fine, but then we get to those last 4. Megalo Strike Back is not an undertale song and was only used in a fanmade animation, but it was made by toby, so maybe they could get away with it. Those last three though? They arent even made by toby, they’re just all remixes? What do you wnat them to do, remix a remix?

tl;dr: Frisk has a lot of potential for a fighter, but the ideas you’ve presented I do not personally think are very well thought out.
Ok...

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice

I see. Well, the reason why I didn't add the throws and aerials are just because I didn't really see the point of mentioning them. But if you do wish to share your idea of Frisk's moveset then by all means please do. The reason why I added so much fan-made is because of what we are talking about. We are talking about Undertale. A game that was made infamous due to the community. In my opinion, the community is the most creative and most picked on due to just a tiny amount of fans (it's honestly like the Waluigi community, very hated because of just a little few sent Sakurai some hate mail). Also, it was the Undertale community that made Undertale become a reality with Kickstarter. One last point. The last three aren't remixes (or what I call remixes). They are very different songs. However, if you are calling a remix because it is based on another song, you might need to rethink about your opinion on the first songs I chose that you seemed fine with specifically His Theme, Undertale Medley, and Hopes and Dreams. Anyways, I totally understand your opinion on the Undertale community as costumes and music, I just wanted to give my reasons to it.
So what? If you don’t like it then why don’t you make me a Frisk moveset to judge.
He never said that. He just said it was alright and it was just missing some minor details such as the grab, tilt, and air attacks.

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
To Majora Moon. I apologize. I meant to say the frisk thing to Cee-Chan. It was a big misunderstanding.
Yea, Cee Chan never said that, he said "The moveset is alright, but you didnt include anything like throws/tilts/aerials, so i can’t give too many thoughts on it." Also, please no multiple posts in a row. If you want to add something just edit the post.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I feel like the big factor in Frisk over Sans isn't just that Sans isn't the star of the game, but he can't really represent what Undertale is about: the choice on whether to be a good person or a mass murderer. This video by BrawlFan1 is probably the best example of this, but the concept of a character who can choose to resist the violence of Smash and be rewarded, or embrace brutality and become stronger at the cost of everything else, is much more fulfilling in my eyes than Sans, who while not a bad candidate for Smash Bros. by any means doesn't really embrace what Undertale is. He's mostly just a popular guy from that game, and that's fine, but I like the idea of Frisk better.

So the question is, Chara Echo or Chara Alt?

MajoraMoon

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the big factor in Frisk over Sans isn't just that Sans isn't the star of the game, but he can't really represent what Undertale is about: the choice on whether to be a good person or a mass murderer. This video by BrawlFan1 is probably the best example of this, but the concept of a character who can choose to resist the violence of Smash and be rewarded, or embrace brutality and become stronger at the cost of everything else, is much more fulfilling in my eyes than Sans, who while not a bad candidate for Smash Bros. by any means doesn't really embrace what Undertale is. He's mostly just a popular guy from that game, and that's fine, but I like the idea of Frisk better.

So the question is, Chara Echo or Chara Alt?
Well said. Well said. I really think alt because I don't really think some DLC fighters will have echos and others don't. That makes things a little unfair in my opinion.

Top Bottom