• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Discord Link For most discussion nowadays: https://discord.gg/0bxxoASMJNk7ujnS

Since Ike was confirmed, us Ike mains finally got a chance to relax from the Fire Emblem Discussion. Especially, ruling out the one's that said Chrom was going to replace Ike. This thread is a reminder for all the hard work we put in for not giving up on him. We stood strong, and now we finally get a chance to take a chill pill and just casually talk about Ike. I've seen many newcomers and some vets get threads like these and I felt Ike was one of those veterans that deserved it the most.

So to start off this thread of anything social pertaining to Ike, What was you're best Ike moment in the games he appeared in so far, (Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Brawl)

Let the relaxing and socializing begin!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The best Ike in Brawl moment is that moment where you charge the fsmash so long that the opponent doesn't expect it and shields and stops shielding all in the time that you are charging it. So you let go and send them to space. Deceptively slow

And best radiant dawn moment is him telling ashera to pray to whatever gods pray to and then he murders her

Last edited:

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
In PoR, killing BK on my second playthrough, There was no chance the first time because Anna wasn't nice to him and I didn't do the Mist. I had to run away like a pansy. On the second playthrough, he activated Aether twice and it was done, he then proceeded to solo the entire rest of the game.

In RD, it's the end of part 2 cutscene when Ike murders like 5 people with one swing while holding Lucia in his other arm.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
On a competitive level i'm trash so no realy outstanding moments

On a casual level i enjoy winning 1v2s

In fire emblem, it'd probably have to be killing the black knight turn 2

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
There was this one time I was playing PoR, I just ended my turn, Ike was closest to the boss. The boss initiated the attack and did no damage to Ike, I laughed in triumph as Ike aether'd the boss out of existence.

I always love the moment when I'm playing Brawl/PM when the opponent thinks he KOs me, I come back near the stage. My opponent hops off the stage to try to edge-guard and I aether grabbing the ledge and knocking him into the pits of despair.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The best Ike in Brawl moment is that moment where you charge the fsmash so long that the opponent doesn't expect it and shields and stops shielding all in the time that you are charging it. So you let go and send them to space. Deceptively slow

And best radiant dawn moment is him telling ashera to pray to whatever gods pray to and then he murders her
Ike, the demon god killer.

For some reason, the first time I read your post, I read it as Ike mudering ASTRA. I was like, "why you do this ;_;"

In PoR, killing BK on my second playthrough, There was no chance the first time because Anna wasn't nice to him and I didn't do the Mist. I had to run away like a pansy. On the second playthrough, he activated Aether twice and it was done, he then proceeded to solo the entire rest of the game.

In RD, it's the end of part 2 cutscene when Ike murders like 5 people with one swing while holding Lucia in his other arm.
Wow, I don't remember that scene!

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Oliver: You lowborn, vulgar, penurious vermin! Return my little bird to me! Objects of beauty must be admired! Only by my side can they fulfill the purpose for which they are created!
Ike: I am SO TIRED of listening to your nonsense, you massive gasbag! This ends here and now!

It helps that this was the longest chapter in the game, you can really tell Ike really wants this to be over with as much as you do.

Last edited:

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Oliver: You lowborn, vulgar, penurious vermin! Return my little bird to me! Objects of beauty must be admired! Only by my side can they fulfill the purpose for which they are created!
Ike: I am SO TIRED of listening to your nonsense, you massive gasbag! This ends here and now!

It helps that this was the longest chapter in the game, you can really tell Ike really wants this to be over with as much as you do.
Oliver is immortal, however.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So glad to see Ike revealed. He recently became one of my favorites in Smash, and I played PoR because of it.

I'm a Chrom supporter, and never ruled out Ike getting cut, but I never wanted him to be cut. So I was a very happy man yesterday because of his confirmation. Considering Snake is probably gone, Ike looks like he's most likely going to be my main unless some of these other newcomers blow me away.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If you're wondering where that scene was from:

Oliver is immortal, however.
Yep and Ike wishes he wasn't, even in radiant dawn
Ike: Hold on a second... Aren't these your men? Why are you fighting them?
Oliver: It's quite simple, really. A true guardian of beauty stands with those who are beautiful. If your exquisite heron prince will not stay here in my home, I must follow him. I have seen death; it holds no mystery for me. Only my pursuit matters. Rest at ease, friends.
Ike: Look...Would you mind rejoining the enemy?

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Ike was probably the only character I actually tried to imitate there FS. My best moment with him was in a stamina match when I Ko'd Link and Marth's Hp with the final hit of the Great Aether.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
In short, Ike's a boss and *insert all Ike quotes here*.

Hands down my favorite FE rep so I almost cried when I woke up and saw the update that announced his return to Smash.

In Brawl, don't really have a favorite moment...anytime the sword connects is a moment in itself. DO YOU HEAR THAT SOUND?!

And I share the same favorites as far as his games go with the other posters. I'll just note that I enjoyed doing his DLC map to get Ike and Limit Breaker =D

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
When i woke up friday morning and saw ikes reveal, i screamed "Yes!!!!" So many times because i knew people expected him to be cut. Im so glad hes back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike's deisgn reminds me that I need to replay Radiant Dawn another 2000 times or so. What sweet justice that he's finally revealed! There where too many doubts about this character's inclusion, and fter Diddy he was easily my most wanted veteran (not counting Mewtwo). Loved FE9 and FE10 a lot as well. Easily my favorite FE games in the series. Now he's back the worries of having to deal with a lesser awesome / fabulous FE swordsman are unwarranted as well. I'll simply enjoy beating him up as Ike :4myfriends:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Ike's deisgn reminds me that I need to replay Radiant Dawn another 2000 times or so. What sweet justice that he's finally revealed! There where too many doubts about this character's inclusion, and fter Diddy he was easily my most wanted veteran (not counting Mewtwo). Loved FE9 and FE10 a lot as well. Easily my favorite FE games in the series. Now he's back the worries of having to deal with a lesser awesome / fabulous FE swordsman are unwarranted as well. I'll simply enjoy beating him up as Ike :4myfriends:
Yep, if Chrom is in the game, he's most likely going to be my test dummy for Ike's Forward Smash, along with the newcomers I need to try out. :laugh:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yep, if Chrom is in the game, he's most likely going to be my test dummy for Ike's Forward Smash, along with the newcomers I need to try out. :laugh:
Haha that Chrom hate. Here's to hoping we get Robin/Tactician/Avatar as a newcomer instead.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
*Sigh* It's hard being a general FE fan.

It is just me or Ragnell has an aditional green gem? I don't remember a third green gem on Ragnell in FE9/FE10. And looks shorter too, I fear his range is nerfed like Brawl Falchion (I don't buy the "Ike is too taller now" seems like the same height as Brawl, heck FE10 official artwork looks more taller than Smash 4 Ike).

Commander

Smash Ace
*Sigh* It's hard being a general FE fan.

It is just me or Ragnell has an aditional green gem? I don't remember a third green gem on Ragnell in FE9/FE10. And looks shorter too, I fear his range is nerfed like Brawl Falchion (I don't buy the "Ike is too taller now" seems like the same height as Brawl, heck FE10 official artwork looks more taller than Smash 4 Ike).
In the promo image Ike is standing up right and holding the the sword down. In Brawl Ike is always in a slightly crouched position unless down taunting or in victory poses. This is one of the few times you see the sword compared to his height so it looks smaller when it isn't. You can see the blade is the same size when you look at the 3DS image where he kicks that stupid fish in its stupid face. The sword actually seems a little longer when compared to his dtaunt or victory pose but he is also holding the sword straighter.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
In the promo image Ike is standing up right and holding the the sword down. In Brawl Ike is always in a slightly crouched position unless down taunting or in victory poses. This is one of the few times you see the sword compared to his height so it looks smaller when it isn't. You can see the blade is the same size when you look at the 3DS image where he kicks that stupid fish in its stupid face. The sword actually seems a little longer when compared to his dtaunt or victory pose but he is also holding the sword straighter.
Seems legit.

...wait.

Crap. This is so akward, I don't trust my eyes at all.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I want to say that tomorrow we'll get some sort of image explaining some details regarding to Ike.

I mean I do find it weird how we got very few details about changes to his moves or playstyle, the only thing we know is that his smash attacks are still powerful and four attacks.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I want to say that tomorrow we'll get some sort of image explaining some details regarding to Ike.

I mean I do find it weird how we got very few details about changes to his moves or playstyle, the only thing we know is that his smash attacks are still powerful and four attacks.
I hope so. I know some of the veterans had to wait a long time for any new info... like Pikachu, and Samus. We're likely to get a decent amount of info from E3, at the least.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Like I mentioned, the main change I would really like is a ground-based projectile that makes Ike send out a stream of fire (think Sol Badguy's Gun Blade). This is probably due to me thinking Ike should have more options while on the ground, because he can't rely on that jab for everything and his tilts are too sluggish for any set ups.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Like I mentioned, the main change I would really like is a ground-based projectile that makes Ike send out a stream of fire (think Sol Badguy's Gun Blade). This is probably due to me thinking Ike should have more options while on the ground, because he can't rely on that jab for everything and his tilts are too sluggish for any set ups.
Basically this. In Brawl, Ike was just a predictable character. Predictability gets punished. In the air, you pretty much know what Ike is going to do. If he retains his same Brawl options, he'll just forever remain in the realms of mid-tier at best.

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
Seems legit.

...wait.

Crap. This is so akward, I don't trust my eyes at all.
The sword is held in extremely different angles and it is not a fair comparison. An image of Ike jumping in Brawl would be closer in position to the fish image.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
This whole Ike reveal has got me to go back and watch a lot of the old scenes I had forgotten about. Like, I had totally forgotten that Ike was forced to kill Jill's father, because Shiharam had been ordered to flood the town under pain of death. And then, after the battle, Ike goes up to Jill and says:

"Jill... No matter the reasons, I'm the one who took your father from you. I can't use this war as an excuse."

the most honorable.JPG

"Once you've had some time to think things through, let me know what you will do. I'd like to have you stay with us, but... It's really up to you. That's all I had to say."

I mean, he's not just saying that, he really does understand the feelings of someone who's father was murdered. I think it's incredible that Jill forgives him and even serves under Ike in his army. They both are fighting against something bigger than themselves.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Basically this. In Brawl, Ike was just a predictable character. Predictability gets punished. In the air, you pretty much know what Ike is going to do. If he retains his same Brawl options, he'll just forever remain in the realms of mid-tier at best.
At least making his tilts faster and having more versatility with his throws.

You know, give Ike a healthy amount of options in general. Project M did a decent job at making Ike less one dimensional due to the adjustments to several of his attacks, and it seems like his attacks have pretty simple fixes in concept.

Commander

Smash Ace

Ragnell in SSB4 seems accurate to RD.

It doesn't seem any longer in PoR either.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
At least making his tilts faster and having more versatility with his throws.

You know, give Ike a healthy amount of options in general. Project M did a decent job at making Ike less one dimensional due to the adjustments to several of his attacks, and it seems like his attacks have pretty simple fixes in concept.
I definitely agree with you. All we can hope for is that they'll really be paying close attention to him to give him those needed adjustments.These "simple fixes in concept" will have a major impact on his success.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I definitely agree with you. All we can hope for is that they'll really be paying close attention to him to give him those needed adjustments.These "simple fixes in concept" will have a major impact on his success.
I'm not worried. Except for maybe Mario, who looks almost exactly the same as Brawl, all the veterans seem to have changes for the better. Heck, they even gave Diddly Kong, of all characters, extended reach on some of his attacks.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Forward Smash projectile instead of a B move? that sounds pretty cool.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

Disclaimer: This treatment may cause perceived sword shrinkage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom