• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Ike doesn't have much in the way of things that commentators would need to know ahead of time that they can't pick up just by being observant. What I can think of...

Side B at full hop height will auto-cancel when Ike hits the ground.

Neutral B will send the opponents upwards when used before half charge, but will send them sideways after half charge. The amounts of damage done and amounts of knockback based on what level of charge the move is at is probably around somewhere if you would deem that relevant

Up B will not snap the ledge when done backwards, and can spike opponents when spaced correctly at the ledge. Ike can be gimped easily with this move. It has super armor on startup i think.

Arrei

Smash Lord
So does anyone know how can Ike KO Kirby with his Up B in this video?
Around 1:00.
Shenanigans with rage and 20% knockback vulnerability when charging a smash attack. Aether has so much set knockback that stacking those modifiers on top of it causes the following blade hits to be too weak to stop your opponent's upward ascent, allowing it to instantly kill lightweights in such situations. Such things are and have been present in certain other moves in the series too, like Roy's Blazer which was able to KO Jigglypuff and GW in Melee if you only connected with the first hit (and is still present to some degree if you stage spike someone with one of the middle hitboxes, flinging them way out to the side blast zones).

Last edited:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
How reliable is Jab 1 into DTilt and what makes it practical (or impractical) against certain characters? Is it DI specific, for those who DI away will evade it, or is it a matter of catching them for not jumping away and thinking it would lead into Jab 2 and 3?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Definitely the latter. Since jab received the FAF buff it can't be SDIed out of so many opponents will opt to simply DI the final hit, but to my knowledge everyone can jump out if they're prepared - and Dtilt's low hitbox means it's not reliable at all, especially against floaties who can cause Jab2 to whiff entirely at higher percent. Of course, that then puts Ike in an advantage state, where his opponent has already burned their double jump and needs to descend, preferably straight through our sword. Meaning an opponent who knows you'll try for followups could throw out quick aerials instead, stuffing dash grabs and poorly spaced attacks, but then leaves them vulnerable to spaced tilt reads. If an opponent goes for the phenomenally bad option of airdodging instead (probably doesn't happen much but you may see it more often from characters that can't manage to toss out good fast aerials, and they expect you to dash grab) I've even gotten an Usmash for the kill out of it.

LiquidSalsa

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheRealLuigi64
3DS FC
4441-8394-6735
Hey guys!, Does anyone know who like is the top Ike player is atm so I know who I should be watching? Ty in advance.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
San is really good too, you should definitely look him up as well. I just wish he traveled more.
That's the main factor. I'd be more than happy to watch his vids, but as a result, I only have a few to watch. However, he is the best person to speak to for advice!

BusterWolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6264-8715
Yo Rango! You got an honorable mention from our boy Esam. Keep representing, friend.

Halcy0n

Smash Cadet
If Ike got his old jab cancel back what would he be able to do with it in smash 4?

Arrei

Smash Lord
So browsing various moves on Kurogane Hammer's site, I came to Aether's entry, and it hit me that something was off about it. Specifically, it says the super armor on Aether lasts from frames 18-21, with the first attack hitbox coming out on the same frame. But that can't be right, Ike's visibly crouched for more time than it takes to throw out a Jab1, Ike can still be hit out of the move during the time between throwing Ragnell and actually crouching down, and a mere four frames couldn't possibly have accidentally tanked so many hits over the time we've had with the game. Was the data on that armor ever verified?

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
I thought this was general discussion, don't you guys talk about real life or school or some stuff like that?

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I am a traveling warrior looking for my Smash 4 main(s). As a part of my journey, I will be visiting all the character’s social threads who I think I might main. So, hi! To add some substance to my post, what do you think about character socials? I think they are a great way to talk with fellow people who play the character and learn more about the character as well as being able to chill and talk about stuff irl.

:luigi:Hope to talk with you again!

Top Bottom