• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friendly reminder that we don’t actually know that there isn’t any non Kingdom Hearts Disney content.

Reksew_Trebla

Smash Cadet
So I will admit it is a long shot, but we have only seen one taunt so far, and it may just be me, but each time they showed Sora’s Final Smash, it seemed to end abruptly, almost as if part of it was cut out.

I could totally see them making a special trailer version of the FS to hide King Mickey (remember, that door had to be sealed from both sides), which would also explain why Sakurai said they wanted us to see the FS ourselves when Sora comes out, despite literally showing it to us twice. And I have a weird gut feeling that you can spawn a random teammate (or at least Donald and Goofy) with a taunt, kinda like that one Pac-Man taunt.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So I will admit it is a long shot, but we have only seen one taunt so far, and it may just be me, but each time they showed Sora’s Final Smash, it seemed to end abruptly, almost as if part of it was cut out.

I could totally see them making a special trailer version of the FS to hide King Mickey (remember, that door had to be sealed from both sides), which would also explain why Sakurai said they wanted us to see the FS ourselves when Sora comes out, despite literally showing it to us twice. And I have a weird gut feeling that you can spawn a random teammate (or at least Donald and Goofy) with a taunt, kinda like that one Pac-Man taunt.
Donald and Goofy got removed from the stage background. No music from Disney was allowed. You saw the FS on a match, IDK what you mean it ends abruptly as it has special effects and all that play out to completeness. You could say they made 2 versions of the FS, but there's 0 evidence to that, just wishful thinking.

Donald and Goofy being removed from the bg is the biggest evidence that either Disney didn't allow Nintendo to use any of it's personal IPs or Sakurai decided against putting anything that wasn't video game originated in. I think it's the former tbh.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
And Sora is out not, so we know Donald and Goofy aren't in the game. Though, that just makes it a weird decision to use the Timeless River costume instead of Master Form. The Mickey keychain I can understand because Sora's Keyblade changes when you swap keychains and the Kingdom Key is the most iconic. But why Timeless River? Nintendo couldn't get Sora's shoes right in that form.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
And Sora is out not, so we know Donald and Goofy aren't in the game. Though, that just makes it a weird decision to use the Timeless River costume instead of Master Form. The Mickey keychain I can understand because Sora's Keyblade changes when you swap keychains and the Kingdom Key is the most iconic. But why Timeless River? Nintendo couldn't get Sora's shoes right in that form.
Timeless River is not explicitly Disney. It's drawn in the style of classic Disney animation, but that is not Disney content in and of itself.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
But still, Master Form is missing from those KH2 Drive Forms. I'm not counting Limit Form because that was Final Mix exclusive, it looks too similar to Sora's KH1 default outfit and there's too many red alts. Because of that, Sora has no yellow alt! If someone were to do a team battle and does a self-imposed rule of characters wearing their team colors like the first three Smash games, what's Sora going to wear on the Yellow Team in a classic-styled Team Smash?

Shroob

Sup?
But still, Master Form is missing from those KH2 Drive Forms. I'm not counting Limit Form because that was Final Mix exclusive, it looks too similar to Sora's KH1 default outfit and there's too many red alts. Because of that, Sora has no yellow alt! If someone were to do a team battle and does a self-imposed rule of characters wearing their team colors like the first three Smash games, what's Sora going to wear on the Yellow Team in a classic-styled Team Smash?
If it's a self-imposed rule, then it doesn't matter, because it's self-imposed.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh no! …. No yellow alt….

What are we gonna do…..

no one really cares

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Not even that. It’s drawn in the style of Osamu Tezuka, a famous manga artist inspired by Disney's work, but still not Disney’s style.
I'm pretty sure it's still supposed to make every player of the game go "Oh Steamboat Willie!" when they get to that part of KHII though.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
"Where is Sora's bright piss-yellow alt!?"

Meanwhile Cloud and Sephiroth rocking out their 8 different shades of grey.

Cloud, Sephiroth, Sonic, Pac, and Lucario are understandable. Is anyone besides a certain Wheeler getting bent out of shape about a lack of a yellow Alt?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Long story short, just because Timeless River Sora is based on an art style that was once used in classic Disney cartoons, does not necessarily mean that the art style belongs to Disney alone. Other animation companies likely used that particular art style at some point during their early life, especially during a time where animation was limited to grayscale colors.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Long story short, just because Timeless River Sora is based on an art style that was once used in classic Disney cartoons, does not necessarily mean that the art style belongs to Disney alone. Other animation companies likely used that particular art style at some point during their early life, especially during a time where animation was limited to grayscale colors.
Sora is owned by Disney, and he got that design visiting the Steamboat Willie-based world. Does it really matter if Warner Bros. or Universal used that art style? No, it doesn't. Timeless River was themed around old Mickey Mouse cartoons as it's the past of Disney Castle!

1FC0

Smash Lord
You cannot own an animation style, though. It is bad enough that you can "own" abstract concept (which is actually a monopoly in disguise), be glad that corporations can not "own" (i.e. monopolise) styles as well.

Top Bottom