• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freemii

I'm going to be running a smash for 1 or 2 WI circuit events and would like to use coney's freemii rule where one standard moveset per mii character is standard.

So mii brawler players what are your preferred sets?

my goal is to attempt to standardize miis for a consistant opponent to prepare for and practice against for the tourney i'm running

Last edited:

Zander2Green

Smash Rookie
I prefer 2132, though I understand and am OK with 2122 brawler being the eventual final move

For mii gunner, almost any set works as the final, but I'd put my vote for grenade, missile, 1, and bomb drop (3312 I think)

I'm 90% sure I'm the either or the only brawler/gunner user in wi or there's just one other, but I hope others come out of the wood work and vote

I prefer 2132, though I understand and am OK with 2122 brawler being the eventual final move

For mii gunner, almost any set works as the final, but I'd put my vote for grenade, missile, 1, and bomb drop (3312 I think)

I'm 90% sure I'm the either or the only brawler/gunner user in wi or there's just one other, but I hope others come out of the wood work and vote
i made a seperate thread for each mii character. so please post ur gunner opinion on the gunner boards please.

The plan is to round up a bunch of sets for each character make a pool of the top 3 most common sets mentioned then use the poll winner for the legal set for the tourney(s) (date(s) for tourney TBD)

UncleOnion

Smash Rookie
I've done okay, and only play 1122 for brawler. To me, the added edgeguard and shield killer is better suited to brawler, as min brawler feels better when abusing the speed to run away.

Will this be min or defiant size?

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm going to be running a smash for 1 or 2 WI circuit events and would like to use coney's freemii rule where one standard moveset per mii character is standard.

So mii brawler players what are your preferred sets?

Why is there a scrubby restriction that bans all Mii fighter mains' characters except ONE being called a "freemii" rule? That is so grimy to try to enforce a restriction and try to pass it off like it is part of the Miivolution freeing the Mii.
And then you come into the Mii boards and ask us to go along with this crap? No.
How about you run your tournament with an actual Free Mii Rule: Mii fighters are completely unrestricted on their moveset.

Get with the times, son.

my goal is to attempt to standardize miis for a consistant opponent to prepare for and practice against for the tourney i'm running
Why? Bans/restrictions must be born of sound reasoning - it is NOT the organizer's job to help bad players not have to learn matchups; it is the competitor's job to "git gud". The size and move variance is nothing outside of normal practice standards until proven otherwise. If someone has to learn how to deal with Mario and Dr. Mario then they should have to learn to deal with a Mii Gunner using a reflector and absorbing vortex. It really is that simple, yet pandering to scrubs is going to destroy a competitive environment - weigh that risk when determining the following:

What is the reason for banning the Mii fighters people want to use and casting a ruling to restrict the characters? Which competitive principle do these characters violate to warrant such a ruling?

If there is no principle being violated then there's no warrant against the Mii and you leave them alone.

Last edited:

Ian Viola

Smash Cadet
NNID
whyudodat
3DS FC
1332-7715-2240
Just don't screw it up like Coney and do neutral special 3 (seriously wtf ULTIMATE UPPERCUT IS A KILL MOVE THAT IS FASTER AND HAS ARMOR)

Edit: 2222 preferred, 2122 is acceptable

Last edited:
Why is there a scrubby restriction that bans all Mii fighter mains' characters except ONE being called a "freemii" rule? That is so grimy to try to enforce a restriction and try to pass it off like it is part of the Miivolution freeing the Mii.
And then you come into the Mii boards and ask us to go along with this crap? No.
How about you run your tournament with an actual Free Mii Rule: Mii fighters are completely unrestricted on their moveset.

Get with the times, son.

Why? Bans/restrictions must be born of sound reasoning - it is NOT the organizer's job to help bad players not have to learn matchups; it is the competitor's job to "git gud". The size and move variance is nothing outside of normal practice standards until proven otherwise. If someone has to learn how to deal with Mario and Dr. Mario then they should have to learn to deal with a Mii Gunner using a reflector and absorbing vortex. It really is that simple, yet pandering to scrubs is going to destroy a competitive environment - weigh that risk when determining the following:

What is the reason for banning the Mii fighters people want to use and casting a ruling to restrict the characters? Which competitive principle do these characters violate to warrant such a ruling?

If there is no principle being violated then there's no warrant against the Mii and you leave them alone.
I'm taking it upon myself to reduce the amount of mii johns around my scene. and yes it it outside of normal practice because mii players are few and spread out around the region.
If given ample time and i say " The legal set for mii brawler is (insert set here)", per mii variant. There is ample time to practice the matchup or learn the set if your are the mii player. I'm not a fan of the concept of "a player is locked to a certain weight,size, and moveset other than these 3 characters". Miis are playing by the same rules as the rest of the cast at my tournaments. 1 character 1 moveset 1 matchup to learn i see no issue here.
Not to mention I got the approval from my scene's mii players(mii mains do not exist here). If they don't wanna play the set legal than they do not play the character. It is that simple.

Thank you to everyone who's actually productively participating in this thread.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm taking it upon myself to reduce the amount of mii johns around my scene. and yes it it outside of normal practice because mii players are few and spread out around the region.
If given ample time and i say " The legal set for mii brawler is (insert set here)", per mii variant. There is ample time to practice the matchup or learn the set if your are the mii player. I'm not a fan of the concept of "a player is locked to a certain weight,size, and moveset other than these 3 characters". Miis are playing by the same rules as the rest of the cast at my tournaments. 1 character 1 moveset 1 matchup to learn i see no issue here.
Not to mention I got the approval from my scene's mii players(mii mains do not exist here). If they don't wanna play the set legal than they do not play the character. It is that simple.

Thank you to everyone who's actually productively participating in this thread.
It's not the TO's job to try to keep scrubs from johnning. imo
I think it's silly to think that the Mii character is somehow a person who is playing by the same rules as the rest of the cast. These are characters, not people, fairness only applies to actual competitors and I don't believe it is the TO's job to try to balance the roster. Anyone who thinks otherwise can explain why their opinion on game balance should be held with a higher regard than others', including the actual game designers who are actively patching the game.

No wonder Mii mains do not exist there with those kind of rules. How about actually freeing the Mii instead of using a misleading "freemii" rule?
Free Mii: No restrictions on Mii fighters.
Pretty simple.

Rob_TH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roverthor
I know this thread has gone wild but I wanted to add something: In Spain it is legalized to use guest Mii (default presets) choosing any custom move you want, hope it keeps that way 'cause this char is the one I choose against hard top tiers.

I think that's the best thing they can do due to the fact that Miis weren't made to have an standard moveset from the beggining. Also, all miis have some potable customs, the rest are simply unuseful or not that good.

I use 2122 with brawler.

I know this thread has gone wild but I wanted to add something: In Spain it is legalized to use guest Mii (default presets) choosing any custom move you want, hope it keeps that way 'cause this char is the one I choose against hard top tiers.

I think that's the best thing they can do due to the fact that Miis weren't made to have an standard moveset from the beggining. Also, all miis have some potable customs, the rest are simply unuseful or not that good.

I use 2122 with brawler.
Yes. but i don't that any character should play by special rules other than what their moveset provides them. aka having the ability to play one set in your first round match and a different one in your second round match cus match up purposes is a no-no cus the majority of the cast doesn't have the option to. Miis do have throw away customs so that's why i asked for people's prefered set cus they would play them in most match ups.

also sidenote i made a straw poll with the sets you guys have given me.
So i dropped the question.
http://strawpoll.me/6032289

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I feel mixed on 2122 and 1122.

Shot Put can kill if it hits an opponent near the top of the screen at reasonable percent (and having a projectile is always nice), but you can armor through Rest with Ultimate Uppercut.

Most Brawlers prefer 2122, so I guess that is the smarter choice. Being able to armor through an Opponent's Smash Attack and whatnot is a little too good to pass up.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yes. but i don't that any character should play by special rules other than what their moveset provides them. aka having the ability to play one set in your first round match and a different one in your second round match cus match up purposes is a no-no cus the majority of the cast doesn't have the option to.
Why do you think it's your job to attempt to balance the character roster?
As if it's "fair" that you can change Mario's moveset and stats by choosing Dr. Mario or that Kirby can copy abilities when other characters cannot or that Link uses a Master Sword... the hypocrisy is painfully obvious.
Leave the game design and character balance to the professionals who are employed and paid to do so by Nintendo and leave the competition to the competitors: Our creed is to exploit the characters to their fullest potential, to deny this without warrant is violating the spirit of competition and I will call anyone out on it I see, so I hope they have some very strong grounds to stand on with their proclamations.

Want a restriction? Prove it's warranted.
Until then, the Miivolution marches on.

Top Bottom