• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Free Online Trial for Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled on Nintendo Switch

Crash-Nitro-Fueled.jpg

The next free trial game to join the Nintendo Switch Online services will be Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled. Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will be able to download and sample Crash Team Racing from December 30th, 2020, to January 5th, 2021. For any who may buy it after, saves will be available, so you will be able to transfer your save onto a complete copy. The official announcement can be seen down below.

Author's Note: Man, I played a lot of CTR. Over 200 hours worth between Switch and PS4. Will you be trying the game out? If you can, definitely give it a shot. Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Grew up on Mario Kart more than CTR since I had a N64 as a kid, But I still somewhat grew up with Crash Bandicoot playing PS1 at friends and I beat the N.Sane Trilogy a while back when I still had my Playstation 4.

Already got a chance to play it decently before and recently picked up on Black Friday, Will definitely try to get more deep into the game as I am almost caught up with my backlog, Plus, I already had my fill of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and I'm looking more for a challenge.

Last edited:
Please, get this! It's a great game for a trial.

...And I say that as someone who doesn't fully grasp how to do turbo boosts, and so plays on Easy.:grin:

Seems very pointless if you already own the Nintendo Switch version of the game. But i can tell you that it's far more hardcore than the Mario Kart series, and you're better off staying away from online, since it's just flat out broken.

Oh and just to add fuel to fire, Emperor Velo XXVII's time trial records make Nitros Oxide's records look easy; the staff ghosts from most of the Mario Kart series titles aren't too hard to beat, but Emperor Velo XXVII's records are an absolute nightmare to beat on some tracks.

Last edited:
From PS4 to the Switch, the controls don't really feel that different. I have beat the Adventure Mode. Well, the trophy-collecting portion. And I say my practice with Time Trials from the PS4 made Oxide too easy here compared to the other times I raced him.

Top Bottom