• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freddy Fazbear Support Thread (Help Wanted)

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
Does his inclusion mean we can get Coffee from The Desolate Hope as an assist trophy?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'll be honest, the only thing I really care about FNaF is the lore. However, FNaF VR has been pretty fun to watch (or rather, watch people get genuinely scared by it), and its put me into a bit of a good mood. I don't exactly how Freddy would play, but I would at least give him a try. I support.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The biggest surprise is this thread took this long to show up. I'm not a supporter but the OP was a good read. Well done.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Thanks for the support.

Man, it's been over 6 months since they 1st announced the Switch ports & there's been no updates. What's the hold up?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thanks for the support.

Man, it's been over 6 months since they 1st announced the Switch ports & there's been no updates. What's the hold up?
Hey, I don't mean to be rude but I'm not a supporter. I'm neutral on Freddy, and I was just chiming in to say good job on the OP.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
he didn't put you as a supporter. He was talking to the other guy who posted right before you the same day.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
he didn't put you as a supporter. He was talking to the other guy who posted right before you the same day.
Except he did put me as a supporter. He had my name up there until recently. Last time he edited the OP was about 55 mins after my previous post, which he removed my name in that timeframe.

Plank08

Smash Lord
You should put this in the support thread directory so no one can make another support thread for Freddy, I really support him and think he would be awesome in smash

Plank08

Smash Lord
Did you guys see Brawlfan1s Freddy Video? It’s really good
Also why isn’t there a fnaf collection on switch yet? Just have it include 1,2,3,4,World, Sisster Location, Pizzeria Simulator, and Custom Night and we are set.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
You should put this in the support thread directory so no one can make another support thread for Freddy, I really support him and think he would be awesome in smash
The thread is already listed there I see.

Did you guys see Brawlfan1s Freddy Video? It’s really good
Also why isn’t there a fnaf collection on switch yet? Just have it include 1,2,3,4,World, Sisster Location, Pizzeria Simulator, and Custom Night and we are set.
I just stumbled upon it:

As mentioned in the OP, Switch/PS4/XB1 ports were announced back in April but have not yet come out.

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
With all due respect, I think Freddy, Bonnie and Chica would work great as Mii Costumes.
Don't take me wrong, if Sakurai announces a FNAF rep, that's fine by me! I like the games.
But the Smash community will explode. And not in the good way.

Plank08

Smash Lord
With all due respect, I think Freddy, Bonnie and Chica would work great as Mii Costumes.
Don't take me wrong, if Sakurai announces a FNAF rep, that's fine by me! I like the games.
I would be ready to take the heat

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey, it can't be any worse than another Fire Emblem character. Even though the series is technically underrepresented, but this isn't the place for THAT discussion...

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Add me please as a supporter. I was expecting many negativity if someone made a support thread on the FNAF but guess it is easier as FN@F is coming to Nintendo.

My take is that just as the Koopalings and what I wanted of the Belmonts; Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, G. Freddy and others with similar frames; should be skins. Not Foxy, Puppet or alike, they should be their own characters as they are slimmer.

Honestly I lost trace of the series after Sister Location so no idea on who else could be playable. Personally I would go for Foxy alone with Mangle color scheme.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Golden Freddy can't be an alt. Honestly I would have Withered, Toy, and Funtime Freddy as costumes. Maybe Nightmare, Phantom, and Fredbear.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Golden Freddy can't be an alt. Honestly I would have Withered, Toy, and Funtime Freddy as costumes. Maybe Nightmare, Phantom, and Fredbear.
I think it could work as an alt definetly, I think Withered and Toy Freddy could be costumes and the majority of FNAF bears could be alts(Like withered Freddy could have a lefty alt and Shadow Freddy one too and Toy Freddy could have a Funtime Freddy alt) Freddy seems like the one of only characters that could have as many alts as smash 4 little mac

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Golden Freddy doesn't move. His whole thing is teleportation. He is in the lore, unable to move. Fredbear makes more sense, as he can move and looks similar to Golden Freddy anways.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, THIS was completely unexpected.

Then again, it's for charity, so it can't be that bad. :)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
In the wake of certain events in insider speculation, FNAF has officially become my "Wild Card" pick for Fighter 5; go ahead and throw me on the support list

I do think a Mii Costume is inevitable after Sans broke down that barrier anyway so

FoxyBoy871

Smash Rookie
I support this! Please add me to the list! I want Freddy to be in even as a Mii Fighter. Now that we have Undertale in smash.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Quick question about about the FNAF series. Would it still be considered as Indie? It's been around for a while now and has grown since it first started so I personally don't consider it as Indie anymore. Just wanted to bring up this question in case one of the credible Smash insiders says one of the future DLC fighters is from a non Indie Western IP.

I don’t think Freddy or any FNAF character will ever be a fighter, though I can see a Mii costume happening.
A FNAF Mii costume would actually be a big brain play if we ever got one, with the whole "getting stuffed in an animatronic's costume", and of course we could always get Freddy as playable and the other animatronics as Mii costumes, for example:

:ultbrawler: Golden Freddy (any of the Freddy's would work nicely)
:ultswordfighter: Foxy (The hook's size would be scaled up for the costume)
:ultgunner: Bonnie (like K.K. Slider's costume Bonnie would hold a guitar)
:ultgunner: Chica (holds a plate with a cupcake on it)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Quick question about about the FNAF series. Would it still be considered as Indie? It's been around for a while now and has grown since it first started so I personally don't consider it as Indie anymore. Just wanted to bring up this question in case one of the credible Smash insiders says one of the future DLC fighters is from a non Indie Western IP.
I'd imagine the leaker would perceive it as indie regardless of whether or not it actually is (though core games are still self-published one-man affairs).

Can't forget the Freddy in Space cast for gunners!

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Is this thread for Freddy only or can be for FNAF in general? Because some say Springtrap is among the top choices for tomorrow.

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet

A FNAF Mii costume would actually be a big brain play if we ever got one, with the whole "getting stuffed in an animatronic's costume", and of course we could always get Freddy as playable and the other animatronics as Mii costumes, for example:

IWith Sans and now Cuphead showing that Indies are getting these premium Mii costumes, I believe that it's increasingly likely that Freddy will get a Mii brawler costume and a song

Voe

Smash Journeyman
IWith Sans and now Cuphead showing that Indies are getting these premium Mii costumes, I believe that it's increasingly likely that Freddy will get a Mii brawler costume and a song
Oh yeah, I'd be down for a FNAF mii costume, especially if the costume got the Sans and Cuphead VIP treatment. I wonder which version of Freddy Sakurai would choose? I believe the height and proportions of FNAF World's animatronics would be a perfect fit as Mii costumes.

fnaf-world-freddy-png-freddy-fazbears-pizzeria-si-0996005fc47656b2.jpg

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know its been awhile, but I wanted to share this because I thought it seemed interesting.

Apparently, Scott Cawthon is looking to help fangame developers get their games on consoles and even get official merchandise. Kinda reminds me of Touhou, for some reason.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sorry for the double post, though I heard it's okay if 24 hours have passed since the last post, but I figured I'd share this.

First official trailer for Security Breach. It's being made by the same people who did FNAF VR, so I have good fate in it. Really shows how far the series has come, huh?

Top Bottom