• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frames of Hitlag and Shield Stun (12 chars done)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
ah why the crappy order, i don't want to wait so long to get falco's data haha. you shuold do tier list order, becuase we all know mostly everyone played the top 5 or 6 characters in the tier list and probably want their data first.

otherwise, very very nice data and cool idea. i've been wondering about shieldstun for a while

SCOTU

Smash Hero
He's doing it in the order Characters are listed in on AR Debug mode. Makes sense if you're collecting the data.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
He's doing it in the order Characters are listed in on AR Debug mode. Makes sense if you're collecting the data.
Yeah, but I might make an exception for Falco and Ganondorf, since I'm particularly curious about them. So did SDM already do this for Peach? Anyone know where to find that offhand?

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Simalarly; I'm curious how you would do ice climbers in that format? would you go say:

F tilt [one climber]
F tilt [both climbers]?

or is the number of climbers vs hitlag pretty well the same as most / all other moves?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Well, i believe (assuming you haven't desynched them in some weird way that you IC ppl do) that The 2nd IC just attacks 6 frames behind the first. So you'd only need data for each move, then you can extrapolate by adding 6 frames to the start, and doing it again, if you know what i mean.

EDIT: Does "Show Signature" default to on now?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
SHEIK
  • Aerials
    • 05 10 Back Air
    • 06 12 Back Air (stale)
Thought I would highlight this. I'll re-examine this at a future point, but what I did in AR was to face away from bowser with sheik, jump, and back-air immediately, to get a non-stale back air reading. To get the stale back-air, I started in the same position, next to bowser, facing away from him, and then double-jumped above bowser, started a bair, and landed on him. Unless I made a mistake, or there's more complexity to her bair hitboxes, then it would seem a stale bair has more hitlag / shield stun than a freshly-hit one.

Edit: I also found this interesting and worth highlighting:

GANONDORF
  • Smashes
    • 11 23 Forward Smash (uncharged high)
    • 09 19 Forward Smash (uncharged low)
    • 10 21 Forward Smash (uncharged middle)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Phanna, you and I (and maybe more) are gonna have to set up some thread where we coordinate all of our brawl data collection, and organize what has to be done first, 2nd, etc... (like some stuff on M2K's list should be done before stuff on SDM's list, which should be done before stuff on this list).

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Thought I would highlight this. I'll re-examine this at a future point, but what I did in AR was to face away from bowser with sheik, jump, and back-air immediately, to get a non-stale back air reading. To get the stale back-air, I started in the same position, next to bowser, facing away from him, and then double-jumped above bowser, started a bair, and landed on him. Unless I made a mistake, or there's more complexity to her bair hitboxes, then it would seem a stale bair has more hitlag / shield stun than a freshly-hit one.
Maybe it has to do with the hitboxes? A sweetspot maybe?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Another highlight:

JIGGLYPUFF
  • Grabs
    • 05 10 Forward Throw
I had heard you could smash-DI jigglypuffs Forward Throw before, but I had never verified if this was true. I believe she is the only one -- I had also heard you could do this with Peach's fthrow, but I checked just now, and she has no hitlag on hers, so hers isn't smash DI-able. Unless I find any others, Jigglypuff is the only one, and only on her forward throw.

Similarly, I expect to find that everyone's grab-jab is 4 frames of hitlag and 7 of shield-stun (meaning if you're shielding near someone getting grab-jabbed, you get shield stunned for 7 frames), except for the following 4 who I expect will have more:

The characters that shock you when they're holding you [...] with they're grab+A move, which include(in no specific order)...

1) Mewtwo
2) Pichu
3) Pikachu
4) Zelda

SCOTU

Smash Hero
This list is coming along quite nicely. Although, i don't see the point for many of these moves, it's still nice to have a *full* list, instead of one that just has what you need. (you're also missing several stage hazards from your preliminary list, btw, esp. from tournament legal stages).

skrach8

Smash Lord
yeah i think samus' is like 18 frames or something.

how do people make frame perfect vids? I know they use AR, but how do they get it to play normally?

Top Bottom