• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Data & Hitbox Data (Update 12/12018)

Videocatbox

Smash Rookie
I have labbed K. Rool' s frame data thanks to training mode and found the following:

(Hitbox Active Frames)
Aerials
Nair 7-30
Fair 11 -17
Bair 18-20
Uair 7
Dair 14 -21

Grounded Attacks
Jab 1 4
Jab 2 21
Jab 3 39
Ftilt 12
Dtilt 14
Utilt 5 -9

Specials
Blunderbuss 30 - 150 // FAF 70
New Cannon Ball can be spawned at frame 154
Blunderbuss Vacuum 58
Crown Toss 27 - til return // FAF 43
Counter Starts at frame 5, unsure of end

Smash Attacks
Fsmash 19
Usmash 6-22
Dsmash 23
These are as accurate as I can tell if anyone finds differently feel free to share as more info is better.

Landing Lag
Bair - 15
Fair - 12
Nair - 14
Uair - 14
Dair - 15

Kill Percentages on Mario center of Battlefield:

Grounded Attacks
Ftilt - 130
Dtilt (sourspot) - approximately 600
NEW : Dtilt kills at low percents against aerial opponents. A good kill option for buried opponents who jump out quickly.
Utilt (sweetspot) - 160
Jab Finisher - 254

Smash Attacks
Fsmash - 77
Dsmash - 81
Usmash - 106

Aerials
Fair - 168 (sweetspot)
Uair - 137 (low platform)
118 (top platform)
Dair - 200+
Bair - 96 (sweetspot)
173 (sourspot)

Specials
Blunderbuss - 215
Blunderbuss Vacuum - 152 angle dependent
Crown Toss - 230
Counter - unsure

Throws
Uthrow -143 to 186 based on platform height

ARMOR PROPERTIES
K. Rool's Armor has the unique property of being able to super armor through many attacks. It has a threshold of damage which it can withstand however.
The threshold is up to
27.9%. Once the armor has received 28% damage in total it will shatter leaving K. Rool vulnerable.
The armor has a variable recovery rate which I believe it based on how much damage it has absorbed.
Testing it out, at Level 1 damage it recovered while standing still in about 25 seconds after withstanding 12%
Recovering from Level 2 damage took much longer taking about 34 seconds after withstanding 24% damage. The 34 seconds was how long it took to drop back to only level 1 damage. More testing will need to be done to figure out if it is time based at a set percentage healed per second or if it has a set timer based on damage level.
At level 3. the armor breaks and K. Rool is left vulnerable.

I believe the levels are as follows
Level 1: 0% - 13.9%
Level 2: 14% - 27.9%
Level 3: 28% +
NOTE: When armoring a move, K. Rool receives 1/2 damage regardless of damage level even if being broken. K. Rool also receives 0 Knockback regardless of damage received.

Last edited:

Daedra

vibing
Awesome thank you for this. now when someone uses the excuse ‘ur using krool’ I can let them know why they just need more practice with their character >.<<<<

Junglechief

Smash Rookie
Do you know around how long it takes for K. Rool to be able to act again out of the crown and blunderbuss? Also I'd be curious how long it takes before he's able to fire the blunderbuss with the cannonball again, as in how long until the cannonball despawns and can be launched from the blunderbuss again.

Videocatbox

Smash Rookie
Do you know around how long it takes for K. Rool to be able to act again out of the crown and blunderbuss? Also I'd be curious how long it takes before he's able to fire the blunderbuss with the cannonball again, as in how long until the cannonball despawns and can be launched from the blunderbuss again.
I will lab it out today and figure it out. He is able to shoot another one before the first completely disipates

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Can we get some detailed info on super armor? For example, when it lasts, how much damage it can take, how long it takes to recover, etc.

Coyle

Smash Cadet
Landing Lag
Bair - 15
Fair - 12
Nair - 14
Uair - 14
Fair - 15
@ Videocatbox Videocatbox

Just FYI brotendo: You've got Fair listed twice. The bottom one is Dair.

Also: Counter comes out on Frame 4 and lasts until 15. If it misses you're unactionable until frame 68.

Dash Attack hits on frames 7- ~22 (he stops moving mostly on frame 20, so I think this is more useful). During DAttack he covers about 56 units of distance, with 37 of them coming from his belly launch).

Spot dodge is invincible frames 3 - 18. Unactionable until frame 29.

His jump-squat is 3 frames (aerial on frame 4). The kind of jump he does determines how long it takes before he can fastfall:

After short-hopping he can FF on frame 17.
After full-hopping he can FF on frame 22.
After double-jumping he can FF on frame 27.

And finally ledge attack hits on frame 24, regardless of your percentage.

KRool looks dope. Thanks for the insight!

Top Bottom