• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Frame Advance with Free Camera

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me insight here. I'll preface this by saying this technically a request for Dan Salvato/20XXTE, but I was wondering if anyone here could help me out. (I asked him about a week ago and am awaiting a response!)

I want to playback a 20XXTE replay file, move the camera around while frame advancing the game, and then record all these movements so I can dump the recording into a video file. Currently, there is no efficient way to do this.

Here are the two sides of the coin:

1. Dolphin has a free camera function, but one of the devs told me it was not possible to record these individual free camera movements as part of a TAS or movie-playback function. However, it's still a free camera function.

2. The 20XXTE hack provides 2 pause buttons during a replay. One pause allows frame advance of the replay, but has no camera control (you can remove the HUD also). The second pause allows camera control, but has no frame advance (and it also lacks camera pan controls that could be assigned to the d-pad).

Would you think it's possible to combine both frame advance and camera controls into the same pause menu? This way, I can record all of the inputs as in-game movements, and playback the movements to dump as a video file.

Again, I can't free camera without pausing, and I can't frame advance without the other pause, and I would consider switching between both pauses as I advance the game, but there is a slight delay to switch between pause menus, so I would have to ditch the whole thing entirely.

Thanks.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
If you can get the 20xx TE replay file onto your PC and load it with Dolphin, it would be possible to TAS the movement of the camera and make it into a video file. I think this would achieve what you want...

I hope this helps :).

Last edited:
If you can get the 20xx TE replay file onto your PC and load it with Dolphin, it would be possible to TAS the movement of the camera and make it into a video file. I think this would achieve what you want...

I hope this helps :).
That's what I'm saying I can't do, because the camera controls and the frame advance controls are in different pause menus.

I asked Dan Salvato about it and he replied:

"It would be very difficult because a free camera would throw off bubble damage."

Top Bottom