• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[FR]Bushido Brawl Impact - stage poll

Should Norfair and Rainbow Cruise be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Lol@people blaming people for voting because of their own good. How inconsiderate and unnecessarily crude, let's be nice.

Ban both, I don't care about my character's advantages. Idiotic stages Germans will CP no matter what character they play.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I was just pointing how dumb his point was, there are wario and mk mains also voting against rainbow.

more than 70% wants both banned, yay

K@0S

Smash Ace
No discussion, no vote rules, meh

Norfair and RC are pretty borderline so it doesn't bother too much, but Brinstar, seriously..

Mr-R

Smash Champion
i agree with kaos, u guys taking this a bit too far now lol

Staco

Smash Champion
The lava is as annoying as the hazards on Norfair.
So why shouldnt it be banned?
Brinstar is somewhat on the same level as Norfair, RC and Japes.
If you ban one of them U should ban all of them.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
If you honestly think that Brinstar is 100% CP worthy, why not see what people think?

Although there was 13 stages to begin with, seems were down to 11 now xD, personally i dont care whether Brinstar is banned or legal myself, but ive heard alot more Negative things about Brinstar than Positive.

FotuRAN

Smash Apprentice
no D:, but pictochat rules.
Brinstar isn't like norfair or RC, but is ****ing random and unplayable xD, I prefer Pictochat seriusly, it is cool. Anyways, with RC and Norfair banned, I don't care about other stages xD

K@0S

Smash Ace
So Brinstar... The blastzones are all okay (they are a little closer to the ledge than on starters though, but there is way, way worse in other CPs) and the stage's shape isn't too iffy (it somehow looks like a starter with destructible parts and the possibility to pass through the stage from underneath).

The lava is what makes it a good CP against campy characters. You can obviously see it coming and avoid it but it obliges you to jump which can put you in a bad position.. and that is all. Even Peach at 180% doesn't directly die from the lava (it can lead to combos if you read your opponent's DI though).

100% ultra obvious CP to me.

My (quick) opinion about Pictochat : the stage would be okay if the hazards weren't that powerful

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Most of them have set knockback and damage, missiles included. I think spikes are like the only exception.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Pictochat hazards are more avoidable and about as powerful as Brinstar/Norfair lava. The only way you should really get hit by them is when your opponent commits to an approach, or if your spacing is messed up.

K@0S

Smash Ace
So if a missile had a set infinite knockback and a set 999% damage, it would be okay ? I don't get it

As powerful as Norfair, maybe, but Brinstar ? You mean the lava that doesn't kill a floaty at 180% >> ?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
**** no Pictochat please, theres too much crap going on, just use the stages we have now.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
So if a missile had a set infinite knockback and a set 999% damage, it would be okay ? I don't get it

As powerful as Norfair, maybe, but Brinstar ? You mean the lava that doesn't kill a floaty at 180% >> ?
I agree that Brinstar shouldn't be banned.

Pictochat shouldn't even be considered. At least in Brinstar you can see the lava coming up and react to it. In Pictochat it's all pretty random and pops out of nowhere. And I don't see what kind of counterpick Pictochat is. Who does it benefit except adding a little dimension of luck?

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Brinstar definitely should be banned. The design of the stage allows the player in the centre to control the stage and pressure the opponent whenever wanted. Meta Knight's moves (upb, uair, nair, fair) allow him to control the stage so well that every time the opponent isn't in the centre, Meta Knight gets a kill. The lava allows Meta Knight to control the stage even more, due to the multiple jumps he has.

This all means that the centre is the most desirable place to be on this stage, so it seems like a fair game, but it isn't. Meta Knight can approach from below because of the stage design, and Meta Knight WILL gain control of the centre with his aerials and other options. It might take a while, but in the end Meta Knight will always win on Brinstar, so it should be banned.

Regarding pictochat:

Pictochat is a decent counterpick for character that don't have one. The hazards are easily avoided and don't cause much trouble, should be allowed as a CP imo.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Spear Pillar:
This stage should be legal because its flat and has 2 levels, the Pokemon are easy to avoid, u jsut have to get used to slow motion and high gravity etc, other than that its a great CP, should be legal imo.

Temple:
Plenty of room to camp so Link would be broken on this stage, do it for the Link mains, its NOT possible to tech the walls and it also prevents stalling and running away.

Wario Ware:
Its in the form of a neutral, surely this shud be a CP, the only thign thats bad is if you get ginat or a star, just dont go for the minigame things, or if u accidently get a star or go giant, just wait until it wears off.

Im pretty sure thats as reasonable as the Pictochat stuff surely, so many good points

FotuRAN

Smash Apprentice
Spear Pillar: free stalling and many other ****s xD
lol temple: free stalling and inmortality with walltech xD, and many other ****s,
wario ware: lol wario ware, if it hasn't got the brokens scenes, it was a good stage D:
I know that you were kidding anyways.
But Pictochat has constant intervals, I remember in 13 seconds the stage changes, and the stage have a secure zone, the first 2/3 near the floor of the stage.

Greward

Smash Lord
Brinstar definitely should be banned. The design of the stage allows the player in the centre to control the stage and pressure the opponent whenever wanted. Meta Knight's moves (upb, uair, nair, fair) allow him to control the stage so well that every time the opponent isn't in the centre, Meta Knight gets a kill. The lava allows Meta Knight to control the stage even more, due to the multiple jumps he has.

This all means that the centre is the most desirable place to be on this stage, so it seems like a fair game, but it isn't. Meta Knight can approach from below because of the stage design, and Meta Knight WILL gain control of the centre with his aerials and other options. It might take a while, but in the end Meta Knight will always win on Brinstar, so it should be banned.
If we gotta ban brinstar just for MK then just ban MK and not brinstar.

Top Bottom