• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Nair vs. Bair

NIB_NEB

Smash Rookie
I've recently been picking up fox but I can't tell which is better, nair or bair. When do y'all use which one?

Thor

Smash Champion
Bair when they're behind me. Nair when they're in front of me. Bair when they're inside me and I want a KO/edgeguard [or uair maybe, depending on position], nair when I want to extend a combo. Nair is probably better at shield pressure in that you can use it on either side of them [though don't be mindless with it or you'll get grabbed out, since nairshine has holes].

They're both really really good. You could play using only just one and still be pretty good, but each is better in certain situations, so you'll be playing rather suboptimally to not use them both [or else literally never run into situations where one is better than the other, which is frankly rather odd].

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
nair is better for combos and approaching. bair is better when youre looking for coverage above and behind, as theres a good deal of disjoint off the tip of his foot. bair will get you kills way more often, and is far better for edge guarding, as opposed to being a tool in neutral like nair is, which offers coverage in front and below. thor said it pretty well too. the rest is relatively intuitive. just experiment with both of them and youll see where each has its application. its not a matter picking one or the other, as you will definitely need both.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Bair is better for killing, and is a better option than up air on high ceilings.

HavSumDethEggz@4A.M.

Smash Rookie
as i see it Nair is a good spacing tool and a good egde guarding tool but the Bair can be put to use for the same purpose and also has kill potential but is slightly more likely to miss so really it's how you play that makes the moves so deadly. Ultimately it depends on your setup (who your playing how much damage they have etc.) hope i could help just a little bit

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
Nair is a better combo tool for the most part since it has less knockback, but there are many kill combos/setups where nair benefits as a strong finisher. It's all experimentation, though. Be sure to be creative with your combos.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
I'm in agreement with the posts here in general. You'll want to Bair or Nair depending on where the opponent is. Its not really a "which is better overall?" as much is its "when should I use X move" ya know? Depends on the situation, because both are really good moves.

Top Bottom