• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's DACUS

lionarmor

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was testing something out on computers that may be a guaranteed kill with more testing (against a human)

Basically, its
JJCS>buffer dash> DACUS

JJCS
I've practiced jab cancels in tournaments. I read that characters can attack out of consecutive jab cancels. But on people like 4GOD's DDD (a lot) and on kismet's Falco, I haven't been attacked out of them. It seems as long as you have near perfect timing, jab cancels can be effective locks, especially JJC>grab. But this is probably well known.

For this technique, the jabs will have to be done until the opponent is clipping through fox pretty hard.

Sustaining jab cancels can cause problems, so there are a few things to remember:

-JJC>JJC>etc. should be practiced until you have near perfect timing, so that the opponent cannot shield or power shield between them.

-Your opponent will start to SDI out of them. If you see them behind you, you can roll away. You can also hold back instead of crouching, then restart jabs. The timing is about the same for crouching and turning around anyway. If your opponent SDIs away, then if you should be safe if you roll away, but I wouldn't try to re-initiate the jabs immediately.

After JJC until the enemy is in position, buffer shine after the second jab. You can also buffer Jump-canceled shine.

>buffer dash>
buffer dash out of shine, this can be done almost immediately after shine connects.
The next part will have to be timed very well, you have to wait until dash is almost done.

>DACUS

This way works for me(Easier for wiimote-nunchuck users)
This can be done any time during dash or run animation (tap jump off)
1.hold up-forward (this will act as forward dash input, and the up input for upsmash. You should not jump)
2.down on Cstick immediately after you press up-forward(to do a dash attack)
3.tap normal attack immediately after you hit Cstick (strict timing)
Hold attack to charge(don't charge for this technique)

The time on this is very strict for all steps, when I practice on computers after 110% I hit most of them (falco, DDD, mario, etc.) while they bounce on the ground.
Also, the timing is less strict when they enemy doesn't fall out of the shine.

Im basically asking if this works or not, I will probably will have only CPU practice for a while. I think it can be a very useful technique, because it is a kill combo from a 2 frame move.

Top Bottom