• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's BnB combos

Firox

Smash Master
Hey guys, been trying to pick up fox but can't seem to optimize his offense. I was wondering if anyone knew a good amount of true combos to use. So far I've found the following:

Dthrow->Fair at 0%
Dash attack->Up tilt string->Jab string at low percent
Dash attack-> Nair at low to medium percent
Dash attack-> Up air at high percent
I hear that Dair can confirm into up smash but I'm not sure.

Let me know if you've found anything else. Also, please be sure that any strings you post are true and reliable. I know fox can pull off some crazy stuff but I'm not pro enough to pull off a 20 hit string.

Fiorello

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, been trying to pick up fox but can't seem to optimize his offense. I was wondering if anyone knew a good amount of true combos to use. So far I've found the following:

Dthrow->Fair at 0%
Dash attack->Up tilt string->Jab string at low percent
Dash attack-> Nair at low to medium percent
Dash attack-> Up air at high percent
I hear that Dair can confirm into up smash but I'm not sure.

Let me know if you've found anything else. Also, please be sure that any strings you post are true and reliable. I know fox can pull off some crazy stuff but I'm not pro enough to pull off a 20 hit string.
You can get anything you want out of nair. You should especially learn the late nair into upsmash kill confirm because it’s crucial.
Dtilt gets you a drag down fair most of the time and after the drag down you can choose from jab, upsmash, downsmash probably more.
But yeah play around with nairs and really focus on tech chasing because Fox can rush anyone in the game down

Firox

Smash Master
You can get anything you want out of nair. You should especially learn the late nair into upsmash kill confirm because it’s crucial.
Dtilt gets you a drag down fair most of the time and after the drag down you can choose from jab, upsmash, downsmash probably more.
But yeah play around with nairs and really focus on tech chasing because Fox can rush anyone in the game down
Oh, cool! Thanks! So Nair can confirm into up smash? Does Dair combo into anything? For drag down Fair, would you recommend using forward on the C-stick mid-air and tapping down on left stick, or would the short hop macro be better?

Shacknu

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3156 6368- 119
Oh, cool! Thanks! So Nair can confirm into up smash? Does Dair combo into anything? For drag down Fair, would you recommend using forward on the C-stick mid-air and tapping down on left stick, or would the short hop macro be better?
Recommend using the c-stick, and tapping down in left stick.

Shacknu

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3156 6368- 119
I’ve been compiling some combos. Not all of them true, but most are. Fox is a great character! Glhf

Combos
Low%

1. Nair -> Jab
  1. Nair -> UTilt -> Usmash
  2. Nair -> FTilt -> Dash -> Nair
  3. Nair -> DTilt -> Fair(dragdown) -> Jablock -> DTilt -> Bair(RAR) -> Dash -> Uair(SH)
  4. Nair -> DTilt -> Bair(RAR) -> Dash
  5. Dash -> UTilt
  6. Dash -> Nair
  7. UTiltx3 -> Jab (opponent DI’s to your front)
  8. DThrow -> SideB -> Bair -> Upsmash
  9. DThrow -> Bair(RAR)
  10. DThrow -> Fair -> FSmash
Mid%
1. Nair(soft) -> UTilt -> Nair
  1. Dash -> Nair
  2. UTilt -> Nair
  3. UTilt -> Fair
High%
  1. Nair(soft) -> Upsmash
  2. Dair (full hop) -> Upsmash
  3. Shield -> Upsmash
  4. Fair(dragdown) -> Jablock -> Upsmash
  5. SideB -> Uair
  6. Dash(soft) -> Upsmash
  7. Dash(hard) -> Uair
  8. Uair1 -> Upsmash
  9. Upthrow -> Uair
  10. FSmash(reads)
  11. UTilt -> Uair

Fiorello

Smash Rookie
I’ve been compiling some combos. Not all of them true, but most are. Fox is a great character! Glhf

Combos
Low%

1. Nair -> Jab
  1. Nair -> UTilt -> Usmash
  2. Nair -> FTilt -> Dash -> Nair
  3. Nair -> DTilt -> Fair(dragdown) -> Jablock -> DTilt -> Bair(RAR) -> Dash -> Uair(SH)
  4. Nair -> DTilt -> Bair(RAR) -> Dash
  5. Dash -> UTilt
  6. Dash -> Nair
  7. UTiltx3 -> Jab (opponent DI’s to your front)
  8. DThrow -> SideB -> Bair -> Upsmash
  9. DThrow -> Bair(RAR)
  10. DThrow -> Fair -> FSmash
Mid%
1. Nair(soft) -> UTilt -> Nair
  1. Dash -> Nair
  2. UTilt -> Nair
  3. UTilt -> Fair
High%
  1. Nair(soft) -> Upsmash
  2. Dair (full hop) -> Upsmash
  3. Shield -> Upsmash
  4. Fair(dragdown) -> Jablock -> Upsmash
  5. SideB -> Uair
  6. Dash(soft) -> Upsmash
  7. Dash(hard) -> Uair
  8. Uair1 -> Upsmash
  9. Upthrow -> Uair
  10. FSmash(reads)
  11. UTilt -> Uair
Great post.

There's also great utility at low and mid percents for Ftilt. It's a great approach option since you can sliding Ftilt if you use tilt stick and at low percent it combos into itself and some other good options. At mid percents it forces a tech chase which means you get those juicy jablocks and 50/50 upsmash scenarios.

Less important but if you jablock you can use dsmash instead of upsmash if it gives you better positioning, if neither option will kill and you want to mix it up or if you're at the ledge and outside of upsmash kill %

Anomika

Smash Apprentice
Unless the opponent DIs in, dtilt to uair is not a true KO confirm. The combo counter is not very accurate. You can easily tell if something it true by letting someone hold shield button while in hitstun (or you can do it yourself with 1 frame speed option).

Anomika

Smash Apprentice
The so-called "nair train"? It is, it starts at around 50% on middleweights and it can be done two or three times

Top Bottom