• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox User Manual

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This guide is great, any beginner should be able to get a basic understanding a Fox after reading this guide......nice work.

307thperson

Smash Rookie
You can increase the distance covered by Fox's illusion by canceling at the right time. I imagine that a lot of people will have known this already, but this wasn't mentioned in the section on recovering, so I figured I'd point it out.

When you cancel Fox's Illusion, he moves horizontally quite quickly for a short period of time after the illusion. If you don't cancel Fox's illusion, then after going the full distance he comes to a complete halt. If you hit B roughly as Fox's illusion comes to an end, he will get the boost in horizontal speed that comes from a cancel, but he will travel the same distance as when he does a normal Fox illusion (and makes the same sound as an uncancelled Fox Illusion too).

TheNovaKing

Smash Rookie
Great guide, you can do what we call on the WeeGee boards buffering.

Right before you land do an Airdodge , it cuts down on fox's landing lag.

Which isn't much at all, but it is possible.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, I've always trusted the gamefaqs guide so much becuase they really helped out with games when I was a kid. Now I'm finding better guides all over the place.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I think scotu would kill himself before he wrote a guide crappier than one on GFAQs.

Unrelated: Scotu plays Melty Blood?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
when will you update this scotu i want to know about foxes mind games im sure other fox mains want to as well
You should be developing your own mindgames, seeing as how they are games played with your own mind.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I haven't played in a few months, and i only played for a few weeks when I did, so I really suck, but it's still a fun game.
Scotu should play with me. :V (Or IaMP?)

soul ark

Smash Ace
what i meant to say is in your guide you said you were going to expand on the correct mind set to play as fox and things to the extent of that. actually there are some posts and threads that actually cover that up quite nicely among of which are A Deconstruction of the Japanese fox by A6M Zero and The Keys to getting better and not becoming "just another fox" by Fenrir VII.

theres also some nice posts here and there that i like to reference to when i need to get up on my game i just thought you would know some so perhaps you might put them on your thread so their not lost to time.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
I discovered a new JJC grab that might work but I need help testing it.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231749&page=9

Thats the thread, if you go to the second page on the bottom I explain it in depth
and I have tested it a bit but I havent mastered JJC yet so I rly cant use it to
it's full potential. For those of you interested in getting fox where he belongs in the
tiers then help would be apretiated thank you.

nicekid76

Smash Apprentice
OMG i just read the whole 1st post...
i kinda forgot some of it...
...I gotta read it over again :urg:

Acex27

Smash Apprentice
Im rereading this too and i realized that the guide has a few blank spots. Will it be updated anytime i wonder? i think it would be nice if there was an approaching section added at the very least...

Hmm...

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Put some pictures in this or something I'm reading through it and its boring but very informative and thats the main thing.

Top Bottom