• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox top 3?

EpOc-Samydoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
S_landreville
Esam recently finished his smash 4 1.1.6 tier list and said that fox has the potencial to be top 3 even top 2
He said that his tier list was mostly based on results and the only person to put big big results on the table was larry lurr.

Pros:

In my opinion fox is the second best, he has so many tools and just like 2 losing match ups, this character is insane. He has two main play styles rush rush rush, or campy. lets go through rush down first

Rush down playstyle: Rush is the most played fox playstyle out there. First he has dash attack: Dash attack is a great combo starter and can be safe on sheild if timed properly. Up tilt: up tilt is easyly his best move main combo starter and the best two frame punish ever. Back air: back air if a huge part of fox being good, its a goood spacing tool and a great kill move and also has a kill confirm from two frame up tilt to back air. Up air: you can not escape this...

Campy play style: this isnt seen all to much but it is very usefull, since fox has lasers that make it so they have to approach you it makes it so easy just to punish the opponents mistakes. Also fox is extremely fast so he can run away when ever he wants.

Cons:

He has two cons thats it:
His grab that does not have that many combos and his recovery that is still pretty good with how far it goes, but you are vulnerable to alot of edgegarding.

Elray

Smash Rookie
I don't really see Fox as a character that can camp well, mostly since his lasers don't have any hitstun (characters like :4villager: or :4tlink: have multiple projectiles that wall you off). Unless you are playing against :4jigglypuff: or any other slow character you'll get maybe two or three hits in before you eat a dash attack or get grabbed. I haven't been playing Fox for very long, so there's a chance I'm wrong about this, but from my experience he isn't that good of a campy character.

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
I don't really see Fox as a character that can camp well, mostly since his lasers don't have any hitstun (characters like :4villager: or :4tlink: have multiple projectiles that wall you off). Unless you are playing against :4jigglypuff: or any other slow character you'll get maybe two or three hits in before you eat a dash attack or get grabbed. I haven't been playing Fox for very long, so there's a chance I'm wrong about this, but from my experience he isn't that good of a campy character.
Fox's camp game is actually really good, just a lot of players don't utilize it much (Nakat is an example of a player who does). You can kinda mesh the styles of campy Sheik and Sonic together, using lasers to tack on damage and your amazing speed to get out of the way of or punish approaches from the opponent.

---

Personally, I do believe Fox is top 3 in this game. He has quite possibly the best overall advantage state in the entire game, second only to maybe Bayonetta. His mobility is some of the best in the game, he can play defensively against most of his "bad" MUs (Ryu, Luigi) to come out on top. Hhas amazing kill power, top 5 ledgetrapping and 4 moves that come out in 4 frames or less (meaning he can straight up outbutton 95% of the roster). His grabs are similar to Cloud's: he doesn't get damage from them a lot of the time, but he gets stage control. Fox with stage control is one of the scariest things in Smash 4 between his incredible corner pressure and juggling abilities. The only thing there is not to like about him is his recovery, which, while it's bad, it's not terrible since side B can just go through a lot of attempts to stop it. There's no way Fox isn't one of the best characters Smash 4 has to offer, especially once people start optimizing his combos to make his advantage even more broken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom